z

Young Writers Society

The King's Quest DT

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:11 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

@WritersDream: I think we should let the characters play out before we figure out whether or not they should get together. They already share a lot of things in common; which will allow them to understand one another more readily.

Their shared history adds a lot of depth to their characters. Chances are that Imara and Marlon were training together when they were sixteen and twenty respectively. During that time, Marlon was probably more of an older brother figure and less of a romantic option. Now that they are both older, there is a chance for that dynamic to change. Just because they are close to one another doesn't necessarily make it easier for them to get together.

I would also like to add some contrast to their characters. While both of them went through the training, it took them very different places. Imara's training looks like it would take her towards a spyhunter position, while Marlon's training has taken him into more of a spy position. These different paths will have changed their characters significantly from the time they spent in training. Marlon is going to be thinking more like a criminal, while Imara is thinking more like a spyhunter.

This difference might make it easier or harder for them to trust one another. On the one hand, it might be harder because they are opposite in terms of how they think. On the other hand though, it might be that they are so good at what they do because they know how the opposite point of view runs, so they might understand one another anyway.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:56 pm
View Likes
KatKage says...

*Is still alive!! <u>''*

I'll get my profile up in a bit ^^'' *has been a little busy, but it's all good now X3*

Sorry for taking a while <u>'''
I am a Leaf on the Wind,
Watch me Soar
~
Kyrie Eleison down the road that I must travel,
Kyrie Eleison through darkness of the night

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:07 pm
KeiPie says...

Yay! I was hoping you'd reappear! Your character sounds very interesting :) Just make sure you go back and read the other character profiles.
“The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug.”
― Mark Twain

“You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.”
― Ray Bradbury

28 Reviews

Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:35 pm
KatKage says...

XD Ok XD
I am a Leaf on the Wind,
Watch me Soar
~

Random avatar

Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:24 am
Hopkin says...

To make it easier for some, maybe write down in a line who is after who, such as,
KiePie: First
Katkage: Second
Or something like that, just to make sure, or however.

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:05 am
Skydreamer says...

@Griffinkeeper

Okay, I understand, that makes sense. I mean they both have different views of how to go about this, because they were trained in different areas. That said I’m not too sure what a spyhunter is :P is she trained to find spy’s because of her analyzing and scrutinizing, sight abilities? That’s how I’d define spyhunter, not sure what you mean. I also see the age-difference more clearly now and understand that when Imara was going through the training she mainly did it for her family and would most likely see Marlon as an older brother figure. And that makes it much harder for them to transition to a different relationship, in my opinion.
But perhaps we make it that since some of the training there has been some year’s gap since they have seen each other? That way their old ideas of each other are still there, but whatever changes that happened during that time might, like you said, make it harder for them to understand it other; but also possibly allow them to see each other in a different light.
And I see you want to leave this a mystery/letting the story tell itself, which was what I was slightly trying to avoid, but then I thought about it and decided leaving it blank would probably be more interesting/unpredictable/entertaining than being sure.
yippee!
I believe in that, which is not seen.
I call it truth, faith, hope, life.

~~~~Sometimes life beckons us to be different~~~~

I used to be known as thewritersdream, but now my dreams have taken flight

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:02 am
Dakushau says...

@Hopkin

I thought we were doing first come first serve in that whoever posts next is not decided. In every storybook that I have done, we always seem to have it where anyone posts and then they usually wait until atleast one or two people if not a few more post before they post again.
<YWS><R1>
“The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision.”
–Helen Keller

Check out Daily Sentences for new, short, and creative sentences; every day.

The Storybook Revolution; Let's make a story.

~Dakushau

28 Reviews

Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:04 pm
View Likes
KatKage says...

Fudge, sorry guys ^^''

I would have posted last night but the internet went down at my house so my Mom shut it off for the night <p>'' *is at school right now <u>''*

Then since I couldn't get the song I needed to concentrate, I passed out before finishing the character profile <u>''

I'll get the profile up either during my lunch period, or when I get home <u>'' I'll aim for the Lunch period since it's closer ''X3 (Or at least I'll get up what I have during Lunch, ya know? <u>'' *can always add more once she's home ''X3*)

Again, sorry for the delay, but I want it to be as perfect as I can be, ya know? X3
I am a Leaf on the Wind,
Watch me Soar
~

Random avatar

Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:09 pm
Hopkin says...

Dakushau wrote:@Hopkin

I thought we were doing first come first serve in that whoever posts next is not decided. In every storybook that I have done, we always seem to have it where anyone posts and then they usually wait until atleast one or two people if not a few more post before they post again.

Hey Thanks for that answer, that makes sense! I was just a little confused, and now I know, thanks ;)

5 Reviews

Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:09 pm
KeiPie says...

No problem, just get your profile up as soon as possible. We will be starting the SB today.

KatKage wrote:Fudge, sorry guys ^^''

I would have posted last night but the internet went down at my house so my Mom shut it off for the night <p>'' *is at school right now <u>''*
“The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug.”
― Mark Twain

― Ray Bradbury

5 Reviews

Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:12 pm
KeiPie says...

Ok! The moment you've all been waiting for! It's time to start this SB! I'm going to open a new topic because this one is kind of junky. So you may write in first or third person, your choice, just make sure it's in past tense. Have fun!
― Mark Twain

― Ray Bradbury

5 Reviews

Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:42 pm
KeiPie says...

Here is the link to the new storybook: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=97719

And actually, after I started writing, third person worked better for me. So feel free to write the way you are most comfortable.
― Mark Twain

― Ray Bradbury

5 Reviews

Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:42 pm
KeiPie says...

Here is the link to the new storybook: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=97719
― Mark Twain

― Ray Bradbury

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:25 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

Using moderator magic, I've merged the old storybook topic with the DT, so all the information is in one place, instead of floating around in the Storybook forum.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

5 Reviews

Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:03 pm
KeiPie says...

Cool I was looking for the topic! Thanks for doing that :)
― Mark Twain

― Ray Bradbury

something I have been thinking about ever since I saw the Super Mario Bros movie is how once I took a "what Nintendo character are you" quiz and I got Waluigi.
— Elinor