z

Young Writers Society

PMD: Seventeen Plates DT 2

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Mon May 18, 2015 2:47 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@AstralHunter ...You allow us to spam you if you're too slow?

...Well then.
Last edited by BrumalHunter on Mon May 18, 2015 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Inappropriate picture
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Mon May 18, 2015 2:51 pm
Robusto says...

I had seen that exact picture not five minutes ago on IFunny. A+ pic use my friend.

40 Reviews

Mon May 18, 2015 2:53 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Robusto Thank you, thank you.
I was hesitating between this and the SpongeBob version.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

24 Reviews

Mon May 18, 2015 3:21 pm
Robusto says...

Prepare @Tortwag. Incoming hideout description.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Mon May 18, 2015 6:30 pm
Poopsie says...

GAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAA
DAHAAAHAHAAAAAHAAAAAAABAAHAAAAHAAHAAAAAAAA

ASTRAL PUT SOME LOTION ON, YOU JUST GOT BUUUUUUUURRRRRNNNNNEEEEEEDDDDD. x3 xD :3 o3o
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Mon May 18, 2015 8:18 pm
BrumalHunter says...

@Tortwag, you have put me in an uncomfortable situation. YWS' first rule is that all comments must be appropriate and that vulgarity is only allowed in literary works. As such, no inappropriate images will be tolerated. Furthermore, the posts we make here in the DT appear on the homepage, so we must mind the content. I know you meant it as a joke, but I don't find things like that funny. I had to delete your post, and I hope you understand why. Please keep this in mind in future.

@Verser, please refrain from using all-caps. Not only is it the internet equivalent of shouting, but caps and long letter or symbol sequences are also visible on the homepage, often messing with the layout and usually zooming out the page, making it more difficult to read. Moreover, it seems you are making a habit of using all-caps. When you are texting your friends, you can do whatever you want, but on YWS, we must insist that you use proper grammar and punctuation.

If anybody is uncertain as to what the rules of this website are, you can view it at this page. Thank you for your cooperation.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Mon May 18, 2015 8:54 pm
Charizard821 says...

Jeez, Hunter. I mean, I get that there are rules about this site, but you don't have to be such a stickler for enforcing them just because now you can. It's frankly a tad irritating. To me, anyway. Sure, Tort made a mistake, and that's fine, but when you start enforcing an anti-caps rule.... I just think it's a little too much, man.

Silver, you cheater!!!

Trevor Phillios Industries is from none other than Grand Theft Auto V.

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Mon May 18, 2015 9:04 pm
View Likes
crossroads says...

Charizard821 wrote:Jeez, Hunter. I mean, I get that there are rules about this site, but you don't have to be such a stickler for enforcing them just because now you can. It's frankly a tad irritating. To me, anyway. Sure, Tort made a mistake, and that's fine, but when you start enforcing an anti-caps rule.... I just think it's a little too much, man.

Whoa. Okay.

Enforcing the rules of YWS when they are broken by other members is not "too much" - it's necessary for YWS to function and not turn into a mess. Apart from that, it's what JMs and other staff members do, among other things. Astral and everyone else enforcing the rules, knowing when to do it and how do to it, is precisely the reason why they CAN do it in the first place. Members are made Junior (and Global) Moderators for their contributions to the site, but also for their ability to deal with any rule breaking and difficult situations that arise, even - especially - when people involved are their friends or someone they've worked with.

As for all-caps rule, it doesn't state that they may never ever be used - but if they're used excessively, and mess with things such as the showing of the homepage (as you maybe know, long letter/word sequences with no spaces tend to do that, because the lines don't break), it becomes an issue.

Please keep in mind that JMs and other staff members discuss actions before taking any, and always wait for each other to weigh in with thoughts on what to do. If you or anyone else has a problem with a JM's work, you are free to contact a member of Big Brother - otherwise, please respect other users and mods, and remember that decisions regarding enforcing rules are never made on a whim.
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

40 Reviews

Mon May 18, 2015 9:15 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

...Well this turned the wrong direction, didn't it. *sigh*
good job Tortwag, you accidentally wrecked havoc again...
Aw, darn it. Ok, people:

1: I absolutely do not mind Hunter's action, for the simple reason that I've been aware for years that I enjoy ANY type of humor, but that not everyone shares that... Um... facet of freedom. And as I'm a walking ball of awkwardness, I'm fully aware that I can indeed put people in uncomfortable situations (which is enjoyable for my selfish pleasure, to be honest), but as long as people tell me that I messed up (like Astral did), well it's fine. I mess up somewhere pretty much every week.

2: @Verser I... Really didn't want to "burn him", 'twas just a joke.

3: @Charizard821 It's really not that much. I posted an obviously creepy/inappropriate picture as a joke, and apparently the rules state that I'm not supposed to do that (which I had utterly forgotten). It's normal that Hunter had to act accordingly.

4: @AriaAdams And this is PRECISELY the reason why I don't mind Hunter's action in. The. Slightest. The last thing I wished for was for people here to get back at Astral for respecting the rules while I wasn't.
PLUS, I did read that I was allowed to use any type of content as long as it fit a specific situation in my SB or personal writing works post, soooooooooooo.... I'm fine.

No really. I'm fine! I'll just have to be more subtle next time, because yes, I can.

PS: @Robusto Got the description! I'mma read it ASAP.
EDIT: ...I have a plan. Expect a PM as soon as I can write it, Rob, but I have a really really funny plan.

58 Reviews

Mon May 18, 2015 9:42 pm
Charizard821 says...

Woah! I didn't mean it like that, hold on, @AriaAdams. I didn't mean to challenge authority or anything. There was absolutely nothing wrong with Hunter's decision. I was simply stating that in my own personal, worth two cents opinion, the caps thing wasn't that big of a deal. Now this is just my opinion, as I clearly stated in my first post! Please take no offence to my comment, as I meant none. I was simply expressing an opinion as Hunter's friend, and meant no harm or challenge. I agree that the YWS rules should always be followed, as I always respect rules, and I quite honestly love this site and the people here as well.

@Tortwag, don't feel bad about it. There's nothing to fault anyone on. You made a mistake, Verser did something that wasn't recommended and I expressed an opinion. Really, everything is alright.

40 Reviews

Mon May 18, 2015 9:50 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Charizard821 I don't really feel bad, 'cause as I said, I'm used to mess up and can easily get over it, but I AM surprised that the stupid joke + Verser's caps triggered this little chain of posts.
But yes, it's fine. Next time I'll just post a creepy picture of the Villager without subtitles. That should be fine. Or Spongebob's troll face. I have so many ways around being inappropriate, you have no idea.

58 Reviews

Mon May 18, 2015 9:52 pm
Charizard821 says...

Okay, well that's good to know. But now I feel kinda crappy.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Mon May 18, 2015 11:33 pm
Poopsie says...

oh the power of the caps lock button :3
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

24 Reviews

Tue May 19, 2015 1:04 am
Robusto says...

No need to feel that way @Charizard821. I'm certain Astral isn't mad at you.

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Tue May 19, 2015 2:51 am
StupidSoup says...

haha :3 admins

ily adminzz \^3^/
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

The greatest part of a writer’s time is spent in reading, in order to write; a man will turn over half a library to make one book.
— Samuel Johnson