z

Young Writers Society

PMD: Seventeen Plates DT 3

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:13 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

All that plus Wrap. 'Kay.

And now I've got a plan. Time to make a post plan...
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:40 pm
TheSilverFox says...

And so it begins. O_O

Best of luck to you, @Tortwag. I look forward to seeing the post, and I'm interested in seeing if the fight will be a success. Well, interested is an understatement; I like Sully, and since this is going to be a life or death situation for her, I'm incredibly eager to see what's going to happen. Not to intimidate you or anything. :P

Then again, I'm sure I'll run into one of these myself, so it wouldn't be in my best interest to act sadistic again right about now. Darn. <.<

Oh, and it looks like somebody changed his summary again. >.> *cough**cough*@Robusto, it's not easy to hide something from me*cough**cough*
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

40 Reviews

Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:54 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@TheSilverFox Thank you. I don't want Sully to die either. Not to mention Twinkiel already foreshadowed what he'd do to her if she dies, and I really don't want him to get his first knife like that.

Meh, don't worry, Robusto's already doin' a very good job at intimidation. I am SCARED of writing, because I'm in a world I can't even entirely control.
This is the most evil way to chain me up, and Robusto just did that.

:/

And yeah. Looks like we're getting some lore on Zero. You better pull that of like a boss, Robusto! I want me some origin story on the creation of Mystery Dungeons :3
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:54 pm
Charizard821 says...

*feels bad for not keeping up with SB*

So umm... Yeah. Psyche battle with Sully. This is news to me. Let's make this interesting because I really want Sully to live.

Tort, if you fail, you must open the dreaded PM. You know the one.

BWAHAHAHAHA

40 Reviews

Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:02 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Charizard821 What?! Nooooononono D:
If I fail, Sully dies, and I'm cutting off her tail, preferably to kill Alek in his sleep. Dot.

But I. Will. Succeed!

58 Reviews

Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:46 pm
Charizard821 says...

*blows up dot and adds "after which I will open the PM"*

BWAHAHAHAHA

40 Reviews

Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:59 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

:( two great evils have struck me...

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:28 pm
BrumalHunter says...

@Tortwag, my friend, I wish you the best of luck. Do your part well, and our decision will have been made already.

Silver and Robusto, those were excellent posts!

PS: If you do, by some cruel twist of fate, end up killing Sully, Tort, would Twinkiel consider taking Alek as a prisoner? If he were to kill him too and Felicity or Arthur were to find out, it would make things considerably more difficult for us in future.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

58 Reviews

Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:29 pm
Charizard821 says...

I feel like I don't know enough about Sully. Here are some questions I want to iron out to judge the battle a bit more fairly. I also think Tort will appreciate me asking them, because it'll help him get a better feel for the character.

Why did Sully join the NO?
Does she consider her family in the Venom Knife to be important?
Would she willingly follow Alek if HE were to join the Resistance?
If she is terrified of Darius, does she consider an enemy of him to be an ally?
How much does she actually believe in the NO cause?
If she were to join the Resistance, would Alek follow her willingly?
If she were to join the Resistance, how loyal would she actually be to the cause?

Lots of questions, I know. But answering them would benefit everyone here greatly, I assume. If you have an answer to any of the questions, just tag me (and Tort) and I'll be happy to read it. Thanks! DFTBA

40 Reviews

Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:40 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Charizard821 Though I do appreciate you asking these questions, it's much more of a challenge if I'm using the elements Robusto gave me with each post Sully appeared in. I actually know enough about her to create a good action plan.

...I... Ugh, my anxious side compels me to NOT mind more data, but my stupid challenge side wants to do this on its own. @Robusto, if you answer Char, do it in a spoiler please.

@AstralHunter Thanks, man. I shall do my best.
And to answer you question: no. Twinkiel's Killing Alek. Because He's aware that Alek will never ever join him or the Resistance if Sully dies. And also because letting Alek alive would mean that he'd come for him one day. And having an enemy that you can't control when there's already Darius out? Thanks, but no thanks.
So if I fail, Alek's next on the list, and this time I'm provoking the Psyche Battle - if Robusto allows me to.

Sorry for you guys. But that's only providing I fail my challenge. And hopefully, I won't.

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:06 am
Robusto says...

Let's not forget, everyone, it's up to you to vote on whether or not @Tortwag's Psyche battle is a success. Sorry for making you go first, but let's not forget, I failed in my own demo of the thing and now a crucial bridge between the Captains and Apprentices that would be valuable later is now gone. So yeah, not looking forward to writing about the ramifications for that...
Anyways.
@Charizard821:
Sully, found half starved and dehydrated by an NO patrol after fleeing Darius, simply joined the NO because she had nowhere else to go.

In one of the previous posts, she said herself that if her existing family wanted her, then they'd have to prove it. Basically, she feels betrayed that they never did anything about her family's death and were never there for her during her period of running from Darius.

She'd consider a rock to be an ally if at one point Darius tripped over it. So yes, she would.

She once was a strong supporter, though recent news of Darius working for them has significantly decreased her faith in them.

An interesting question. If Sully joined the Resistance, Alek would very likely feel betrayed. But given enough time, she could convince him to also switch sides, and in turn make Arthur and Felicity's conversion easier. Of course, who knows how much time she'd have to talk with him.

Depends on how much she's let in on. Right now, she's been brainwashed to think the Resistance is nothing but a bunch of terrorists. But if she were informed about all the things they've done in the name of securing power, she'd fully support the Resistance, no questions asked.

Hope you're taking notes @Tortwag.

40 Reviews

Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:45 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Robusto I'm Twinkiel's writer, man. Of course I'm taking notes. My stupid pride doesn't exactly lasts long against possibilities to better the plan I came up with yesterday.
Though luckily, most of the answers you gave Char are confirmations of a few stuff I had figured out, but this also means I wasted 3 hours re-reading Sully's appearances throughout the SB.

Oh well. I assume it could still be useful in some way.

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:32 pm
Robusto says...

Feel free to use her theme song for the psyche battle, but if you think you've got a better theme, then by all means, use it.

58 Reviews

Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:12 pm
Charizard821 says...

Thanks @Robusto. I've caught a few weak points to Sully because of your answers. Hopefully Tort exploits those weak points and breaks her wall. Also...

Is everyone here... Doing.. A psyche battle at some point? 0-0

40 Reviews

Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:37 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Robusto ...I don't know if I have a better theme (yet) but I'm definitely using hers for a good chunk of the battle. Thanks for the green light!

Aaaaaaaaand I'll let Robusto answer Char's question and enjoy his fear while I deal with my own :D

True belonging doesn’t require you to change who you are, it requires you to be who you are.
— Brené Brown