Young Writers Society

If I Had a Heart OOC

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:48 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Okay! I'll stick with not rolling, then. :)

I should have a post up soon!
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:58 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Posted! The deed has been done. :)

I'm assuming that any cut in the armor would be on the larger side, so Nikolai should probably be able to see what's underneath it when the monster's out of the way.

(Or if he's looking at Raptor from the right angle. >>)

When Nikolai finally gets a chance to look, he should see only bones underneath the armor. :)
mage

queer and here.

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:06 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Whoooa
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

Formerly RavenLord; GrandWild
she/her

32 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 32
Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:07 pm
View Likes
atlast says...

woah indeed!
atlast

previously AtlasWut

my pms are always open <3

137 Reviews

Reviews: 137
Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:08 pm
View Likes
SilverNight says...

O.O

Ahhhhh, I do want to have a response, but y’know, it’d be awkward to have him just stand there while Raptor’s getting hurt. So what’s underneath would probably barely register because he’d be panicking and probably doing something a little impulsive. (I’m thinking that although the leg wound is something, the creature still needs finishing off)

So I’m not sure what he needs to do next. Again, possible self-defense thing could be something he accidentally discovers fairly easily in this case, though it might have to be approved by @GrandWild and I’m not sure we want this fight to be over yet, since Raptor’s getting a reveal at last. >>
"silv is obsessed with heists" ~Omni

"silv why didn't you tell me you were obsessed with heists I thought we were friends" ~Ace

"y’all we outnumber silver let’s overthrow her >:]" ~winter

silver (she/they)

115 Reviews

Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:09 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Run it by me and I'll let you know, Silver!
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

she/her

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:10 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Good point, Silver. >>

I mean, now that Raptor's secret has been revealed with that cut, I don't really have any preference for how long this goes! I'm cool with Nikolai finding out more about himself, but I'm also down for Raptor wildly/awkwardly swinging the axe around to kill the monster. :P
mage

queer and here.

137 Reviews

Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:27 pm
View Likes
SilverNight says...

For @GrandWild’s 👀 only:

Spoiler! :
Remember those glowing blue glass balls? They’re sort of like grenades because they’ll detonate when the glass gets cracked or breaks entirely, but it’s not a regular explosion. It’s a magical item, and when they “explode”, they release a blue light that’s going to be just a couple feet in diameter. Anything that comes into contact with the light will: a) go unconscious for anytime between one hour and five, and b) have a memory wipe effective when they wake up. How much of that person (or creature’s) memory is removed depends on how close they were to the center of the light blast: if someone was standing on the outskirts, they’d forget the last couple minutes, but someone in the center could lose years of their past life.

It’s not exactly a weapon, because while it’s powerful it’s designed to not hurt anyone, and it’s also only typically used in case of an emergency. Also, it tends to be thrown at a slight distance away from their targets, so they don’t just wake up and lose memories that they didn’t need to lose. Nikolai, however, might just try to grab one and toss it at the creature with the intention to (since he doesn’t remember what it does) distract it and stop it so it doesn’t hurt Raptor any more. And I wouldn’t plan for it to hit anyone else.

"silv why didn't you tell me you were obsessed with heists I thought we were friends" ~Ace

silver (she/they)

115 Reviews

Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:34 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Spoiler! :
Ooo, sounds risky. Memory loss, huh? :eyes: I personally think that that would be cool, but it might make for a more dramatic reveal if we use it on a later enemy.

she/her

137 Reviews

Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:42 pm
View Likes
SilverNight says...

Spoiler! :
That’s true. :eyes:

One thing I thought of is that if the creature was the only one affected, the group wouldn’t know that the balls also caused memory loss. They’d just see it black out and so that part of it wouldn’t be revealed yet. The creature would forget about them and not follow them through the tunnels, but they probably wouldn’t think about that. So maybe the second ability would get a dramatic reveal in another fight?

silver (she/they)

115 Reviews

Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:54 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Spoiler! :
Ah, that's very true!! Yeah, you've convinced me. Go ahead and use it then!!

she/her

137 Reviews

Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:03 pm
View Likes
SilverNight says...

For those who can’t read the spoilers, I am happy to say this idea has been sponsored by our wonderful DM and a post will be up within the hour. ;)

silver (she/they)

115 Reviews

Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:48 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Ohohoho you guys I dropped the old man's name in the last post and I just now saw and edited it out but HOO that was close

she/her

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:44 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Dang - if I wasn't busy hanging out with a friend then, I could have seen it. :P

I posted, by the way!
mage

queer and here.

32 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 32
Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:15 pm
View Likes
atlast says...

posted, even if it’s a little clunky lol
atlast

previously AtlasWut

my pms are always open <3

That awkward moment when you jump out a window because your friend jumped out a window, then you remember that your other friend can fly.
— Rick Riordan, The Ship of the Dead