z

Young Writers Society

rPMD: Guardians of Erebus DT

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:07 pm
View Likes
Robusto says...

Dang flabbit. So no music in the posts? What's the point of even writing then!?

(THat is of course a joke.)

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:17 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@AstralHunter Yes, you definitely made that clear on previous pages. Personalyl I just find fun to come up with one, and it's also a great way to show other members of this SB what our chararacters' personalities revolve around or... "look" like.

Speakin' of characters, got a bit of free time, so I'll start working on that CT.

@Robusto I like your joke's logic XD
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:14 am
Carina says...

Got around to my profile! :D Let me know if I derp'ed somewhere.

Also, just based on my profile, I feel like it's painfully obvious what Pokemon she used to be, lol.
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

saint carina, patron saint of rp
—SilverNight

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:32 am
BrumalHunter says...

@Carina, I've accepted your amusing character profile (good job ), just remember one thing: Andromeda isn't one of the original eight to join, which means she would only come in later. That means she will be one of the Thetas the Alphas will encounter eventually, so she already has a name and knows what all of her preferences are. Heck, she should even have a job already. Most of the Thetas will learn they have powers during their everyday lives.

Of course, if you want her to join immediately as an Alpha, but ask if she could see the world a bit before actually helping the team, that would be fine, at the cost of her teammates' respect. If you're willing to participate from the beginning already - as in, actually help with Gamma and Beta trouble - you can do that too. When your real life becomes too busy, Andromeda can just complain that she needs a little time off to deal with some thoughts and stuff.

Let me know what you think once you've read this, since I don't want to add some things if you end up choosing a different option than the others.

PS: Everyone, please use one of the nine options for "build". Individuality is a thing, but conformity is required, in this case. ;)
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

147 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:35 pm
Carina says...

I think I'm going to stick with the original plans. I was ignoring my responsibilities yesterday, so that's why I was able to finish my profile. heh

When the time comes, I'll definitely edit/add some things, yep! I suppose this is more of a sneak peak of her than anything.
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

—Atticus

—SilverNight

293 Reviews

Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:46 am
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

@TheSilverFox, I haven't noticed this with any of the other characters, since I don't think I usually notice it, but... well, for a character who's fifteen centimetres short of two meters and is apparently burly, Achilles is very light. As in extermely light. When it comes to "lean", "robust", and "burly", the first describes what the average well-built person looks like, the second means you're large (because of muscle, not fat), and the last one is half-giant/bodybuilder size.

I've always imagined Achilles as more lean and Heracles as more burly, but if that's what you want, by all means, go ahead. It's just the weight. My dad, when he was about twenty and serving in the military, was something between lean and robust - and he weighed 90-100 kg. I didn't ask for age because your characters would have no idea how old they are, but only a Lean teenager would weigh 78 kg. Achilles is a young adult, I assume, so he has to weigh about 90 kg if he's lean and about 110 if he's burly. If he's an adult, add at least ten kilograms to those masses.

If it seems like I'm upset or angry or the like, I do apologise, because I'm not. (I was intending to sound factual, not admonishing.) I enjoyed your character profile and have accepted it, but I just need you to correct that. If you want to keep the weight, change the build to slender, otherwise increase the weight.

Oh, and thanks for discovering a way to distinguish the text from the sections in the case of the speech, body language, and walking subsection. I wish I had thought of that.

PS: @Poopsie, @Rydia, @Carina, and @Buggiedude2340, I decided to add the question in the poll to the CT, since most are in favour of it, and the longer I delay, the more of a nuisance it becomes. I believe the character profile now contains everything it needs, so I refuse to add any more subsections. After you have completed that one as well, you may rest assured. (I apologise for the inconvenience.)
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:29 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

@AstralHunter: adjusted accordingly. I've made the assumption that Achilles is a young adult and lean (which definitely seems like the most reasonable option, now that you outlined what it, robust, and burly specifically mean), and made the proper adjustments as you suggested. I blame myself for a. not fully understanding the specific definitions of lean, robust, and burly, and b. having no clear understanding of the average weight of people of various sizes and body structures whatsoever. I'm deeply embarrassed for having been so clueless as that, and I thank you for informing me about it.
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

147 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:47 pm
Carina says...

Love the name choice, Hunter! :D The diversity of characters is also pretty awesome.

On another note, reading Silver's profile made me realize that there is a word for fearing fear. I hate Halloween with a passion because it's too scary (lol I just sound like a wimp right now) and I also refuse to watch scary/horror movies. I thought I was just a special snowflake. The more you know! :o
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

—Atticus

—SilverNight

293 Reviews

Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:26 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

I'm glad you like it, @Carina, and yes, I've also noticed the diversity. I mean, we have an Englishwoman, a Scot, an Indian, an Asian American, a Romanian, and a normal American. That's so cool!

Also, I have no idea what a Romanian person sounds like. All the others, sure (though I am aware Hippolyta speaks with a slight Southern drawl), but Romanian? Full marks for originality, of course; I'd never have seen that one coming.

@TheSilverFox, that is much better yes.

@Rydia, Ariadne's answer concerning the conflict has been very revealing. Thank you for answering so quickly. Everybody else, please don't forget about it. I only added it because a lot can be learned from someone through their anger and hurt.
— Paul the Apostle

767 Reviews

Reviews: 767
Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:21 pm
SpiritedWolfe says...

Prepare for another American from Brooklyn xD No idea what to call him. Brooklynian? Brooks? Hmm :/
[insert really cool and fun quote here]
Check out my novel shenanigans.
Or request a review from me.

[she/her]

293 Reviews

Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:06 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

If any of you want to explore the personality of your character for this or any other storybook/writing project, @Caesar just released Arcadia , a character chit-chat thread for exactly that purpose. Feel free to go crazy in there.
— Paul the Apostle

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:11 pm
Caesar says...

>.> the above is by no means a sponsored message brought to you by Arcadia Inc™, it is entirely brought on astral's free will <.<
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

293 Reviews

Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:05 pm
BrumalHunter says...

It's almost 14:00 PM in my time zone, which means it's Sunday for all of you as well. As such, the challenge has expired. Thank you for those of you who created your profiles so quickly. @SpiritedWolfe and @Tortwag, I know you are both still busy with your CPs, but... better luck next time! :P

@Robusto and @StupidSoup, I haven't heard anything from either of you relating to your CPs. I'm going to create the next challenge already, so please, don't fall behind. I hope this is just a minor delay, but if it becomes apparent that you cannot participate soon, I may have to initiate the same arrangement with you as with Carina until such a time that you can post.

Oh! @Buggiedude2340, @Carina, @Poopsie, @Rydia, and @TheSilverFox, I have a new unclaimed codename available! The codename is "Polyphontes", one of the seven defenders of Thebes in the first of the three great Greek cycles. He fought on the side of Eteocles.

So, this means you have a named warrior Theta available for conversion. I should mention that each of your characters could become a leader of their own Alpha team, so you want to garner as many "supporters" as possible. Don't worry, I'll ensure that everyone has at least one personally tailoured ally/enemy, but everything else is entirely up to you - including which Pokémon Polyphontes used to be. So, if there is a specific Pokémon you want to claim as a rival or friend, this would be the best time to do so. (Note the limitation of a "warrior".)

PS: Another codename may also be available at a later point, but that depends on how soon Psyche steps into the picture. (Robusto, you claim that it's Psyche's time to shine, but if she doesn't make an appearance soon, Maeon will happily take her place. ;) )
— Paul the Apostle

767 Reviews

Reviews: 767
Sun Mar 27, 2016 2:44 pm
SpiritedWolfe says...

Hey, Hunter.

I'm going to be traveling this week and while I will most likely have time to write the post, I won't have the Internet to actually post it. Does your challenge mean it has to be done by Sunday or on Sunday works too? I will be back early morning Sunday so that's why I'm clarifying.
[insert really cool and fun quote here]
Check out my novel shenanigans.
Or request a review from me.

[she/her]

293 Reviews

Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:25 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

@SpiritedWolfe, it needs to be done before Monday in two weeks, so you may still submit your post on Sunday the tenth, yes. Thank you for asking and informing me beforehand. ^_^
— Paul the Apostle

I took a deep breath and listened to the old brag of my heart; I am, I am, I am.
— Sylvia Plath