z

Young Writers Society

PMD: Seventeen Plates DT 2

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:51 am
View Likes
Ventomology says...

@TheSilverFox, Char told me you thought I would attack you for this ranking. Don't worry; I would have put Flurry there too. (I mean, she's fought like... once?)

Yeah... and here's a theme for Flurry, since I apparently never did that.

phpBB [media]

(Shh, I definitely was not just playing pit for this show last month. Oh no. Of course not.)

Code: Select all
[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=968K9IvzvQY[/media]
Last edited by Ventomology on Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:55 am
Charizard821 says...

^ Likin' the theme, @Buggiedude2340!

58 Reviews

Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:11 am
Charizard821 says...

Behold Riley's new theme, and Silver, you're going to like it. I like to call it...

Riley's Revival

phpBB [media]

It received the name due to Riley returning to the trusting and fun loving person he once was. Oh yes, Riley did not always lack trust, but you'll have to wait to find out about that.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:41 am
Poopsie says...

What's done is done. Ill mention how he got shadow ball in the next post. I actually found an error in that ranking system. Ren carries the flame plate, making him op. And guys, Frost isn't that op. When you're being powered by a super charged divine plate of evil I reckon you would be able to take out three captains too. Besides, none of you will be facing me alone, Zulu, fleedjio, and twinkiel would be more than a match for Frost.

@Tortwag. Complication? Why do we have to have four different groups of allies that haven't met yet even though we're pretty far into the story? I really don't think you guys should be getting so riled up about how Frost learned shadow ball when we have such a convoluted storyline.
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

58 Reviews

Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:05 am
Charizard821 says...

@Verser, we're only asking for an explanation. Also, we didn't take items or Plates into account. Only the characters alone.

62 Reviews

Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:27 am
Poopsie says...

if you only took character alone into account then why wasn't Frost op when he blew up a room full of kingler with an overheat?
The Poopsiest.

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:45 am
StupidSoup says...

hey...hey guys.....

y do we care so much about frost?

Srsly, how bout, when the time comes, we'll kick the shizzle outta frost kai? there, boom, discussion done.
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

62 Reviews

Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:41 am
Poopsie says...

\(^3^)/ wuv u bruh
The Poopsiest.

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:35 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Verser that was not what I was talking about. I was merely asking why you'd need the psychic type mind plate for Frost to learn shadow ball when he can learn that with the NO. Again: is Shadow Ball for a plot twist of some sort?
And even if what's done is done, there's an edit button. It's there for us to correct ourselves.
Frost wasn't being OP because he was using Overheat, and you had explained how he got the ability first. That and Overheat weakens him when he uses it.
@15253 We care so much about Frost because this whole situation concerns him. If it was any other of our Humons, we'd focus on that Humon's situation.
But... It's not about being able to beat him or not, we just don't want any characters to be too OP. Or to be able to use electric effects through Psychic moves.

@Charizard821 This time I'm more confused that proud. I'm not exactly sure that Twinkiel is stronger that Ren (even with paralysis, this is a Blaziken we're talking about), and Aegeas is DEFINITLY mightier than my Flaaffy, something that I wanted to show at some point. Twinkiel can only resist because of type advantage. How did you guys made the rankings?
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:57 pm
TheSilverFox says...

@Tortwag: Well, let me just say that choosing the top three characters was the hardest part. We'd picked everyone else in the list and we were left with Ren, Aegeas, and Twinkiel (I asked him why we didn't include Frost and he responded saying that traitors aren't included. Yeah, I saw that coming. :P) and the top three positions. We placed Ren at the 3rd-place position because Char said he was mentally unstable - powerful, but mentally unstable. At least, that's what I remember him saying, and I have a somewhat-good memory. Nonetheless, he placed 3rd in our list. Afterwards, we were left with Aegeas and Twinkiel. That was an....interesting argument, to say the least.

I tried to defend Aegeas, and he tried to be more impartial. He stated that Aegeas was older, and likely had less energy. Therefore, he claimed, Twinkiel would use a Cotton Guard strategy and keep up the attack until Aegeas collapsed of exhaustion. My defense was that his age had nothing to do with either his creativity, wit, or his energy. To make it short, he stated that he was going to decide (probably so the decision would be more impartial), I deferred, and he made the decision you see at present. And while I do agree somewhat his logic, I'm starting to have doubts, particularly after seeing your confusion. If you have anyone to blame, blame him. :P

I hope this answered your question. Now, I have 4 minutes until school starts, and I have both a Science and Spanish quiz. Today is going to be really frustrating. :|
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:25 pm
BrumalHunter says...

@Tortwag, my sentiments exactly. But thank you, @Verser, for providing that partial explanation - just try to explain things like that before other participants ask for clarification.

@Charizard821, your logic is sound, but understand that my only objection with a Gardevoir is that they are so nice and loyal, they were made part Fairy when Generation VI was released. Part Fairy. Unless a Fairy type has another type like Steel, Fire or Dark which indicates a malicious nature, it simply doesn't make sense for them to be evil, which is what I meant when I said they wouldn't go against Xerneas. (Frankly, I don't think Electric types in general care what Zapdos thinks. ;) )

On a different note, Water types can use Electric attacks? *is shocked* Pun intended. That's about as mindblowing as Volcanion, as Tortwag so adequately stated. My best friend and I have been discussing the marriage between fire and water for years, and each time, we reach the conclusion of a steam-based creature. And yet... XD

Oh, Char, the Guardian of the Toxic Plate is Algol the (Mega) Gengar, the last principal of Madam Gifter's Academy.

Verser, actually, that is an outright excuse. No, I am not happy, because you just let Frost use a random move without any forethought. And the last time I checked, the Mind Plate improves your Psychic ability. I realise any Plate can corrupt, but that doesn't mean you suddenly get access to Dark and Ghost type moves. And there's a difference between having a complicated plot and post with holes in it. In fact, it's because we put so much effort into this story that we are "getting riled up" as you put it. And actually, your idea of "what's done is done" is rubbish - there is an option that let's you edit your posts, and it's there precisely for situations like these.

Speaking of which, Char, what was your decision concerning the referee between that decisive grapple between Gabriel and Riley again? Galvantula, or Arthur? (And please elaborate as to why all of the characters were rated as they were.)
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:58 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@TheSilverFox Well Twinkiel's not the most stable person ever, but yeah he can sorta control his emotion. And he's a decent strategist.
...Charizard pretty much forshadowed what I intended to do in the sparring match I planned, though.
@Charizard821 GET OUT OF MY MIND D:
Back to Silver, Um... I'd rather see Aegeas as some sort of Red. In my logic, this is why Aegeas could win:
-he's immortal thanks to Dialga, AKA time doesn't alter his physical shape, AKA he's young physically. So no advantage for Twinkiel there.
-By the time Twinkiel sets up the first Cottom Guard, any experience battler would understand where he's goin' for. A few swift Shell blades would come in order, and considering Aegeas' level of experience, those Shell Blades would hit. VERY. HARD. BUT Twinkiel has Statik, so paralysis can happen.
-And finally, Aegeas is faster and more agile by default. AKA even if Twinkiel's aim is great, he will NOT touch him very often. And Charge Beam is tiring to use. Water Gun, not as much (but also too weak, so Shell Blades needed, and Paralysis threat grows. Vicious circle there).

In the end, this would be a very close battle. Twinkiel could win, yes. I see what CHar means now. But it would be a close fight. Twinkiel's lucky to have good defense + type advantage :p
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

62 Reviews

Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:15 pm
Poopsie says...

BOOM, TM IN NEXT POST. PROBLEM SOLVED CAN WE PLEASE MOVE ON -3-
The Poopsiest.

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:21 pm
BrumalHunter says...

@Robusto, are there TM machines in this SB?
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

62 Reviews

Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:42 pm
Poopsie says...

@Tortwag suggested it, I'm just going with what he said
The Poopsiest.

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Perfection is lots of little things done well.
— Marco Pierre White