z

Young Writers Society

LSS: The Last Word OOC

1232 Reviews

Reviews: 1232
Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:16 pm
View Likes
MailicedeNamedy says...

Since there would only be two of us, I would suggest to already start writing the next posts and Plume can then add some more dialogue in post 1 and I will then write some final paragraphs about how we sit at the table and start talking about visiting the priest and post that.

So I guess we could expand the next three posts as visiting the priest and having the first clues/revelations. I don´t think we need more information for this, we could write what we want and we work with that from the next week on.
Reality is a prison and time is its guard

I´m just a random girl with gentle manners

Every bad voice in your head was once outside

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:29 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

Ok! Would we leave spots to fill in dialogue for the next three posts, seeing as we'll all be at the priest's house?

1232 Reviews

Fri Mar 25, 2022 6:22 pm
View Likes
MailicedeNamedy says...

I finished the post so far.

@Elinor Do you want to add something? Louis was asking a question to Caroline.

@Plume I wrote that you came to the table in the last paragraphs so that you don´t have to write in this post anything.

Now we are going to the priest! :D

With a final approval, I'll post it then.

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:40 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

@MailicedeNamedy I've got to run, but I added something really quick.

I think it looks good to post!

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

687 Reviews

Reviews: 687
Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:57 pm
View Likes
Plume says...

Yep, I'd say you could go ahead and post it!

So I think the next steps are the remaining three having a post and leaving spots for dialogue. I also think we should solidify what we want the priest to reveal. I know we're probably doing Grant's parents, but should we do his address as well? They still need to find that "last word."

I also think that maybe two posts could be at the priest's, and then one could be like a little recap at some cafe or restaurant, where they make plans for what they're going to do? (That would also help us with what to write for next week, too).

So now we have to decide who's writing what. I'd be happy to do the next post; I'd just have to know what we want the priest to reveal. I'll be sure to leave dialogue spots as well.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.

1232 Reviews

Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:56 am
View Likes
MailicedeNamedy says...

Posted!

I would suggest that the next two posts be mostly dialogue-free so that everyone can write what they want. The main focus is now on the priest and I think that if we manage to explain quite a lot through a monologue by him, we are well off.

I also think that we can be quite free. We have a little bit of a background from Grant, but we can be free there, and only when writing the poster add several smaller details (maybe even where the priest contradicts himself?).

I could make a small description for a small pub for the last post so that we only have to insert a little bit in the dialogues. (Please keep in mind, when inserting dialogues, that I can't insert any more dialogues because of the time zone - if it's not until tomorrow to post - due to my job and the beginning of the new week).

687 Reviews

Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:59 am
View Likes
Plume says...

Gotcha!! I can start drafting the next post.

687 Reviews

Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:03 pm
View Likes
Plume says...

Posted!! I set it up so that the next post would be the priest's monologue with maybe a few interjections from the group/thoughts of whoever's POV it's from next. I think it'd be fine to reveal the parents/where they're staying—maybe at Grant's place?—so that it would set the characters up to question them in the next round of posts. Looking forward to seeing it continued!

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:32 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

Both posts look great! I can close out the week if you're okay to post next, @looseleaf, since I'll have more time after tomorrow afternoon but if I need to add any dialogue I can.

-- Walt Disney

142 Reviews

Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:01 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

I can post sometime tonight! Should the Priest reveal that Grant's name isn't really Grant but something Greek and then the parents/sister can go into detail about the estrangement? Or should the Priest tell where the family is staying and the family can explain everything?

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:04 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

I like the idea of the priest revealing that his name is Greek, and then getting more information from his family.

-- Walt Disney

1232 Reviews

Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:19 pm
View Likes
MailicedeNamedy says...

That would be a great idea. The priest could also reveal, that Greek Grant comes from an Eastern Orthodox family and switched to Catholicism.

1232 Reviews

Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:19 pm
View Likes
MailicedeNamedy says...

*gentle poke* @looseleaf @Elinor

142 Reviews

Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:56 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

Sorry! I got super caught up in schoolwork. I have the majority of the post in the WFP, all I need to add is the Priest being like "the parents are at his house." I can do that sometime in the next couple of hours.

142 Reviews

Mon Mar 28, 2022 12:46 am
View Likes
looseleaf says...

I’m so sorry for the delay. I’ve been super busy. I’ll post mine within the next hour. Do you have one drafted, @Elinor?

Despite everything, it's still you.
— TobyFox