z

Young Writers Society

The Maze of the Guilds DT

Choose Zyreli's fate

1) Through magic or steel, Zyreli's quest will when he draws his final breath in battle.
23%
2) Let Zyreli meet his end unaware as he foolishly dies by the hands of a trap in one of the Towers.
8%
3) A fate truly worse than death- enslavement. Zyreli was too weak to withstand the stronger forces of those who guard the Pages, and will spend a lifestyle in servitude of them, until age or starvation claims his life.
69%

Total votes : 13

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:49 pm
StupidSoup says...

Hall rhighty thhen
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:09 pm
View Likes
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

Important Information

The following info will surround the Trials and how they are to be done, the points and their use, and of course, the elimination of characters, by both Trial elimination and PvP.

Trials

So, the entire focal point of this SB is the characters' struggle through the Trials until only one survives (no trying to pull a Hunger Games and fool the Maze with deadly berries. It won't work)

These Trials will involve the Champions having to retrieve Trial-specific items to proceed further in the Maze (the loser not having an item) Basically, it's like musical chairs, just with your lives on the line.

This may seem straight forward, but it will involve their Planewalking ability to even be able to complete it. This ability is essentially teleportation, but instead of taking them from A to B instantly, it takes them from A to A, but in another realm, or Plane, of existence. How they do it, depends on person to person (whether the close their eyes, spin around, wave their arms or do a random dance)

The Trials will be given in the SB Challenge Thread, and must be followed to the letter to ensure that your characters even have a shot at proceeding (*glares at @15253 and @Verser*). There will also be a bonus point available per Trial, but only 1 character p/user may receive the points from it. And that brings us to the next category...

The Points system

When completing Trials, you will be rewarded points according to several factors.

The first factor is when you post. What I mean by this is, the sooner you post after a Trial was released, the more points that character will receive (so if you are first to post for Trial 1, you'd get 220 points, with the value decreasing until Champion 22, thus the last to post, who'll get only 10 points)

The second factor is how the conditions of each Trial were met. With this I simply mean, the character will receive points based on whether they completed every detail of the Trial stated in the Challenge correctly (so please pay close attention to what I want then... Also, absence of Trial from a post is immediate elimination)

The third is how much you wrote. This category will award points based on the length of the post, aka how many words you wrote per post. However, writing a 2500 word post won't award 2500 points, but rather 250 (thus 10% of the word count, with the initial point cap being 250, so for the first Trials it won't be beneficial to write 4000 words)

What is the use of these points then? Well, it has two, the first of which is the Merchant.

The Merchant will be a way for each character to gain buffs and advantages (some temporary, some permanent), at the expense of your points total. He will be available from the first Trial, but be careful when using your points. (Also, when buying a item or possible temporary follower, please write it how you got it in the Maze. The Merchant is not a character, so they must find/tame/etc the items. Buffs and spells can just be used)

The reason why you should be careful with your spenditure of points, is because the points also get used for what I consider the fun part: the Eliminations...

Elimination

Now, the fun part :twisted:

So, there are two methods of elimination. Trial and PvP. Let's discuss the former first.

After each Trial, all the points will be placed on the list, which from now on will be sorted according to points, from the least to the most (the list on the first post of DT)

To put it simply, the less points you have, the more likely you are for elimination, with the lowest Champion being eliminated.

Since we have npcs in the Maze now, no one will be eliminated for the first few Trials, but the points add up continuously (unless you spend them, of course)

When you are at the bottom of the list after the last npc gets eliminated, you are to write out that character in the next Trial (so the points determine who will die with the following Trial, as simple as that)

The other method is PvP.

This one is much more complicated, since this has to do with the Merchant, the points, and the collaboration and consent between two users.

Obviously, since it is a Maze of death and a survival competition, Champions will encounter one another, and may fight. They may also injure one another, but not fatally if it is without consent.

From the Merchant will be available PvP chips, so to even consider a PvP, you put yourself at a point-related risk. With this chip, you are allowed to PvP eliminate another character.

But, since I do not tolerate godmodding, you can't up and kill every character. You will therefore have to discuss a PvP battle between two characters with the other character's user. You should also keep it fair, and therefore come to me, so I can set it up as a poll in the DT, and let the users vote for who should win... (to avoid godmodding. When it is between your own characters, I frankly don't care, as long as you don't do in for the lols...)

The post should also be a collab post then, with the loser writing the first half of the fight, and the winner the second.

So, I really hope I made this easy to understand for everyone... Please ask me if you are unsure about ANYTHING in this post, for it could mean life or death for your characters...
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

62 Reviews

Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:14 pm

Also, by tonight 6pm GMT+0 I shall submit the first Trial... That aught to give @AstralHunter ample time for his entry posts.

He hasn't submitted them yet due to some lemons life has handed him and his family. One of their dogs is ill.
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

62 Reviews

Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:09 pm
Poopsie says...

Who's Verser?
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

62 Reviews

Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:45 pm

I really despise random name changes... :/
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

62 Reviews

Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:02 pm
View Likes

Okay, so here is the link to the Merchant's Store... It took a while longer to set up than I though it would, so tomorrow shall be the date of the first Trial...

Oh look!! A store!!

The entrance code is "Ravnica" (excluding the inverted commas)

Have fun browsing! ;-)
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:12 pm
Steggy says...

@TheClockworkConjurer

I am not getting a password thingy, but instead of a sign in. I tried to sign in as myself but it said "account not found." I think you might've set it as private-- you should try public, but add the password you provided.
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

62 Reviews

Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:32 pm

Sorry!! :P Forgot to Publicize it...

You can enter now... The password is still Ravnica
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:14 am
LordZeus says...

@Poopsie ... Why did you change your name? I personally think verser sounded a lot better than poopsie.

62 Reviews

Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:20 am
Poopsie says...

That man is no longer my dear frazzled friend.
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:38 am
StupidSoup says...

Poopsie isn't a very serious person @LordZeus consequently, he changed his name to something stupid XD
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:58 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Behold, my first post in all its 2612 words of glory! I wrote such an inspiring bit of Zegana, I decided to give Lysander the bonus points instead of Aquanette. It's cheesy, I know, but meh - what can you do?
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

62 Reviews

Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:00 pm
View Likes

Please refrain from posting your Trial posts (if you are such a fast writer) until Aquanette's post is up. Astral, I am giving you until 7pm GMT+0... That gives you two hours for the post's submission...
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

62 Reviews

Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:38 pm
View Likes

I should probably say to which realms each of the Champions must Planewalk, with a brief description (feel free to add to it)

The Pantheon of Taj-Nar -- Mannaric (@CandyWizard), Revan (@Poopsie), Darryon Pippalook (@CandyWizard), Severan Calerus Torin (@LordZeus), Trykster Rivelle (@Chaser), Unnamed Boros Angel (npc)
The Pantheon of Taj-Nar is a large Roman style building, with large stone pillars and white marble corridors. It is primarily filled with Ghost Warriors, Avian mages and Leonin soldiers (a bipedal feline race), as well as many statues and smaller winged and marsupial creatures. It is sprawling with traps and puzzles, especially surrounding the light streaming in through the arches into nearly every room or passageway. It is a White Mana Realm.

Harpean Archipelago - - - Raevelle Aisling Ghornal (npc), Zyreli Zyherst (npc), Iwanacio Flass (npc), Lysander Simic (@AstralHunter)
This small set of islands is connected with long, labyrinthine walkways and bridges, and houses multiple cliffs and caves and buildings in the natural rock. It also extends into the ocean around it, where several feral Mermaids and Aquatic races reside. The walkways and structures are guarded by several Amphibian and reptilian creatures, and to access them one needs to solve several intellectual puzzles or riddles. The ocean surface also tends to... flood the islands, to put it lightly... It is a Blue Mana Realm.

Dungeons of Yulok - - - Zefen Ga Fitzbyr (@SpiritedWolfe), Asphyxius Poisonim (@15253), Nefarias Mora (@Deskro), Frost Lorelyne (@Poopsie)
This completely subterranean realm is known as "The Realm of a Million Screams". In its dark passages and chambers, torturer mages keep watch over hordes of dark and misshapen creatures. watching over many of the lower depths are several undead and vampires, all to ready to play with your head and toy with their prey. The puzzle are all dark and extreme. It is a Black Mana Realm.

Vulshok Pass- - - Avali Hans Smythe (@SpiritedWolfe), Tumeric Baharat (npc), Sybilla Rathbone (@Chaser), Mirgajan Gedoraws (@Steggy)
This is a war torn realm, and the Champions will find themselves in a pass between two forts; one guarded by human barbarians who worship fire and lightning, the other by Goblins and their chaos wyverns (large centipede-like steeds) The Pass has high, desert walls, and is filled with rock maze sections and flaming lizard-like creatures and several other wild and aggressive beasts. It is a Red Mana sector.

Tel-jilad Jungle - - - Manelau ReTimm (@Steggy), Aquanette Evenestra (@AstralHunter), Nachtan Telomon Bias (@15253), Tane Mahuta Selesnya (@Deskro)
This is an extremely dense and magical tropical rainforest realm. It is ruled by the Tel-jilad (a Troll nation), whose mage overlords do not take kindly to outsiders strolling through their realm. It is filled with all manner of wild creatures, from large magical snakes, to insect-beasts and more (use your imagination). It has many obstacles and traps, which will require an ample amount of guile, speed and brute strength to successfully pass through. It is a Green Mana Realm.

Any questions, please ask them before you post. Thank you... ;-)
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

62 Reviews

Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:41 pm
View Likes

Note- Just because you all go to the same realms, definitely does not mean you will necessarily encounter one another. You Planewalk to random locations in these realms, and might be miles away from one another, or just a few yards or feet...
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

Life is like a bag of potatoes, it starts out rough, but can turn into something beautiful (and yummy).
— Ley