z

Young Writers Society

PMD: Seventeen Plates DT 4

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:47 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

I have 1/4 of my bonus post that's ready, but I had to stop because of the folowing reason:

In 1 hour, I'll be leaving for Valenciennes. The trip will take the enter night, I'mma watch Wreck-It Ralph and replay Shovel Knight, while squeezin' in some drawing time and Master Scheming.

So long, y'all! This Shell Master says adieu until he arrives and gets his internet back. @Robusto you've got a bone to pick with me, young master :p (in the form of a PM string to continue whenever you're not busy, lol)
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:17 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

I have a new graphics card now! That means I can finally play the games I want to without having to play it at someone else's house. *cheers*
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:39 pm
Ventomology says...

Psst, Hunter, it seems like we aren't getting online at the same time very often. Should we set up a time to plot things out this weekend or something?
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

293 Reviews

Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:59 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Sure, @Buggiedude2340! Did you have a time in mind? Also...

@Robusto, @Tortwag, @TheSilverFox, @StupidSoup and @Poopsie, we have a new type called "Null" and new kinds of Pokémon? called Ultra Beasts that appear from portals! Tort, since you're getting Moon, I think you need to watch the trailers when you get the chance, because things are now getting extremely interesting. O.o

EDIT: Okay, the "Null" type Pokémon is actually Normal, but its name is literally "Type: Null". How odd is that?
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:18 pm
TheSilverFox says...

@AstralHunter: Yep, I've already seen. I watched the video at least twice by now, and read everything associated with it. I will admit to probably having been a bit lazy by not notifying everyone about this, although I'd kind of assumed everyone already knew by now (because, you know, I'm super responsive to everything.)

Actually, there is no Null-type. It refers to the Pokemon itself, which is called "Type: Null." It seems to indicate the Pokemon's artificial nature, and I get the impression it was some kind of an attempt to make a super-powerful Pokemon with a lot of potential. I also loved the Ultra Beasts (especially the one that looks kind of like the silhouette of a young girl for whatever reason), and everything about that trailer. Especially because the artificial island turns out to be the home of a benevolent group of rich technological geniuses. Fighting an organization of thugs who'd rather steal the whole Slowpoke, rather than the tail. Wonderful twist, isn't it? XD

But wow, these games are actually starting to look like it could turn serious and experimental, and I'm loving it.

(and yes, I'm getting Moon as well. I must admit, the twist is a little funny, since, given when I normally play the game, it's bound to be daytime in the game. My brother, on the other hand, wants to get Sun, and it'll probably be nighttime in his game. XD)

Speaking of, I'm continuing to get a lot of rare and valuable Pokemon from trades, which may have caused me to act as a more aggressive and/or cynical trader because I sometimes run into the person who just throws their Pokemon at me. I may have more than one Mew now. :P

I have all the power. :twisted:
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

293 Reviews

Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:24 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

I beat you to the correction, Fox! :P

And from what I've read about the twelve hours apart thing, Sun will apparently use your actual time, whereas Moon will then add twelve hours to it.

But right now, I'm brimming with ideas of how all of this will affect both this SB and mine. This is so exciting!
— Paul the Apostle

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:37 pm
Poopsie says...

*sigh*

I miss the days when snorlaxs hid in tall grass and the plotline was more or less straight forward.

Hoenn. Where are you now? ;3;
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

40 Reviews

Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:47 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

Nah, the plotline is still fairly easy to understand: Got new baddies, want to dominate the world or change it somehow, beat them all, and become the local champion while you're at it, lol. It's just the options and gameplay possibilities that expanded a lot, really. And the character development, but that's never a bad thing for RPGs, right?

Also, was that sarcastic? Because Hoenn is actually when stuff started to get complicated. Remember how you had to use braille language to unlock the three Regi golems? XD (I mean I had fun with it, but gosh it was tedious)
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:32 pm
StupidSoup says...

._. whathuhwhowhenwherewhyhownow?

Ultra Beasts? Type Null? New evil people?

As long as I can get a cool starter and train it to lvl 100 then I'm happy.
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

40 Reviews

Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:53 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

Yeah, that's basically what I meant, lol. It's Pokemon, so you can probably do that. (faster than before too, which is awesome in my book)
I'm still getting freaking Puplio though. Water starters are usually my favorites.

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:38 am
StupidSoup says...

Boooo....booo water starters... booooooooooooooo

(Feel the FIAHHHHHHH)
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:50 am
Poopsie says...

Yeah but the Regis are like... not very prominent in the main storyline. Unlike every semi legendary starting from heart gold/souls sliver
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:36 am
Ventomology says...

Am I the only one secretly hoping the "good" team is also bad? It's about time a lady was the head honcho of an evil organization.

Also Hunter: any time between your 3 pm and midnight on Saturday is good! Just let me know which time works best for you. I do have somewhere to be in the late afternoon my time though, so the latest we could start would be like 11 pm your time.
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

40 Reviews

Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:00 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Poopsie point taken, they were basically irrelevant. But I dunno, the semi-legendaries from jotho aren't that important either, from what I remember. I mean, their story was introduced within the storyline of the game, but their capture is entirely optional (except maybe Suicune, not sure about him) unlike Lugia or Ho-Oh which you have to at least battle against.

I think it's Diamond/Pearl and especially Platinium that made the Semis a bit more important, since they help you in the distortion world and all. But then again in Bpack and White the Sword Trio isn't very important to the story, (as, about as relevant as the Regi trio) and neither are the genies. Guess it depends on the region.

But hey, Sun & Moon seems to give the old 'Mons some love with new typings, and we might get some more relevant characters in the region, so new stuff don't seem so bad.

@Buggiedude2340 I'll have to agree. We had some badass ladies in Pokemon already, so if one of them could actually be a team leader to battle against, now that would be awesome.

293 Reviews

Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:33 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Even Professor Oak has a regional variant.

— Paul the Apostle

All my life I've wanted to be someone; I guess I should have been more specific.
— Jane Wagner