Young Writers Society

Time Turnes Backwards DT

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:46 pm
View Likes
umaima says...

Can i join
“The strong person is not the one who can wrestle someone else down. The strong person is the one who can control himself when he is angry.”

“It is better to sit alone than in company with the bad; and it is better still to sit with the good than alone.”

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:53 pm
View Likes
Hanorah says...

Omg ,I really want to join,I've already sent my character in,I hopei get in!!o_0
'Be yourself;everyone else is already taken' ~ Oscar Wilde

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:28 pm
Carina says...

I'm ready to start. :D
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

saint carina, patron saint of rp
—SilverNight

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:36 pm
Rydia says...

I'm ready to start :)
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:44 pm
View Likes
Iggy says...

Hola.

Can I join? Since there was a lot more guys than girls, I'll make a female. This looks really cool. ^^
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

303 Reviews

Reviews: 303
Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:21 pm
View Likes
StoneHeart says...

I'm ready to get going as soon as you want.

An idea here Real! An alternative to the 'object' idea.

Let's say that certain people have a peculiar gene irregularity that makes it so the timeturning won't work on them? Because otherwise we're going to have to gather ALL of our characters from around the planet to this place where we get the old guy's thingy/ one of our characters is going to have to get it and then run into the others.

. . . It can't work on everybody. If you must use the object. Otherwise a bunch of complete strangers would be the last people for the present 'thingy' holder to help out.

Also, I think it would be a lot more dramatic for time to jump backwards. As in, spike backwards instead of turn evenly. If everyone with the gene isn't holding the thingy at the right time all together when you get a spike (There'd be signs of warning) then you go back in time some number of years.

It'd be cool ;)

Just an idea (My specialty).

For now maybe we could start with introducing our characters in their separate places around the country/planet.

(Oh, and time-spikes would be way better if you're character's old life happened to live, say, two hundred years ago. Not pointing fingers, just sayin'. You could jump back much faster . . . maybe staying in any one time period for just a while and saving our characters' first persons back . . . and back . . . and back).
For I who am poor have only my dreams
I spread my dreams under your feet . . .

. . . tread softly for you tread on my dreams.

We are masters of our silences, and slaves of our words

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:47 pm
therealme says...

I like that idea :) so they have the ability in their genes, but they still need an object to jump back into time?
That's what I got from that anyway xD

Let us begin!
People who's characters have been accepted can start posting their introductions. Remember, the story starts one week before time turns backwards.

If you still have some doubts on some things or still have a few questions please ask them here.
"It is our Light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."

933 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:52 pm
Iggy says...

.. So I take it I can join then? e__e

Working on a female profile now, but I have to work in like twenty minutes, so yeah.
- Lewis Carroll

60 Reviews

Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:09 pm
therealme says...

As for the new people who want to join, if you get your character profiles in quickly then I'll make a spot just for you!

more people = more posts :)

Oh, and if you haven't made your past life yet, do you think you could possibly make your past-life from one of the later areas (ie. ancient history, Triassic (dinosaur) period, etc)? because pretty sure all the characters' past-lives that have been submitted so far are from either modern history or the Middle Ages.

303 Reviews

Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:17 pm
StoneHeart says...

Okay, I'll get an intro post up as soon as I can (expect it in a few days - I'm really busy right now).

You might wanna straighten out my idea a bit. i was really erratic.

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:12 am
View Likes
artsy says...

This will certainly make an interesting story. I was just about to ask how we were going to get our characters together, but I see that's already been posted, so I'll get an intro posted up.
"You have brains in your head and feet in your shoes - you can steer yourself in any direction you choose!" - Dr. Seuss
~
Will Review For Food

303 Reviews

Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:21 am
View Likes
StoneHeart says...

Same here.

60 Reviews

Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:36 am
therealme says...

@artsy omg I love the foreshadowing you used at the beginning of your post! :D

933 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:50 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

Finished my character sheet.

Now I await approval. ^^
- Lewis Carroll

60 Reviews

Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:04 pm
View Likes
therealme says...

So here's the new and improved idea for us being the only ones able to stop growing younger:

This ability to stay and look the same while traveling back in time is a particular gene irregularity (like @BlackNether12 said) that only a handful of people possess (which is us). There is NO object that we find or get given to us that will also allow us to jump through time (because that idea has been used many times before and we want to be original :) ).

'But then how do we all find each other?' you may ask.
Well you see, since we're the only people in the world NOT growing younger it will be easier to tell us all apart from everyone else. This is not the most legitimate answer, so could someone please enlighten me with one of your brilliant ideas?

Another thing we need to assess is WHY do we have this special ability in our genes? WHY only us?
I was thinking maybe it could have something to do with our history. Like maybe all of our past-life selves were all connected to some secret organisation thingy that is linked to the Mayan Calendar, and our job is to protect time and possibly stop it from being destroyed. That way we can find out what our purpose is through the strange dreams of our past-life and how to stop time from going backwards and/or change them so that we don't disappear from time. WE ARE THE CHOSEN ONES! (which is kinda awesome I think)

Oh, and with our strange dreams, they only begin once time starts turning backwards. I don't think we should have them until then.

Is there anything I missed?... Let's hope not. If I have missed something I can always answer it later :)
As always, if you have any questions/ideas about any of these things or think I should change something let me know.
YAY I'M SO EXCITED WE'RE ACTUALLY STARTING THIS THING! :D
Last edited by therealme on Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The brain is wider than the sky.
— Emily Dickenson