z

Young Writers Society

The 37th Hunger Games DT

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:14 am
yubbies21 says...

if we are all ready today (i'm still waiting for 2 more people but they can jump in later), we could start tomorrow with the reaping's then go straight to the games. And there has been a change of plans. After everybody has done their reaping post, I will then give out the supplies. So if you got a PM already telling you what you got, disregard it....
beep

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:21 am
VampireSenshi says...

So I can post mine now?
<YWS>
<NE1>

NIGHT is always watching...

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:25 am
FermentingFruit says...

lol okay Vampire
Save time... see it my way.

"During high school, I played junior hockey and still hold two league records: most time spent in the penalty box; and I was the only guy to ever take off his skate and try to stab somebody."
-Happy Gilmore

170 Reviews

Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:02 am
yubbies21 says...

By all means, please start us off Vampire. From now on all comments or profiles belong here... Remember that we are starting with the morning of the reaping, then moving straight onto the games. Happy Hunger games....And May The Odds Be Ever In Your Favor...
beep

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:15 am
Elinor says...

Question before we begin: I really want Emilie's main weapon to be brass knuckles. Can she get them from the cornucopia, or will she have to get them from a sponsor later?

And people still need to post profiles...maybe we should wait for them?

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

178 Reviews

Reviews: 178
Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:32 am
Paracosm says...

Hey guys, sorry to say I'm going to have to drop out of this one. I'm very busy this week, and I probably won't make it on YWS for the rest of it. Sorry, stuff happens!
Review unto others as you would have others review unto you.

Don't panic!

Also, Shino!

Reviews: 2
Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:50 am
ash211 says...

District 12 Boy

Name: Yuri Makarov

Age (12-18): 15

District ( look @ District Information): 12, Coal Mining

Appearance (as detailed as possible, pics are welcome): 6'2", tanned skin. 6cm long spiky black hair. Dark brown eyes, which look carefree, when he is always observing and calculating. Sharp features that always make him appear angry and harsh. Average nose and lips, face is clean-shaven. Slightly built, around 75kg (pretty well fed for a kid from the poorest district), well balanced but can be heavy-footed when careless.

Personality( strengths, weaknesses, etc...) A calm and calculating person, whose thirst for power is second to none. Lacking in social skills and tendency to be sarcastic, especially when annoyed. Does not value help or human life, torture or betrayal to gain an upper-hand comes easily to mind.

History: Born in District 12, youth is an unknown history while the future is still a mystery.

Do you think you will win( why/why not?): There is only one obvious option, the other is not welcomed.

Other?: Manages to say well-fed in the poorest district, curious? Works pretty well in an alliance until he assassinates everyone else in the alliance, Pretty handy with short-ranged weapons such as axes, daggers, swords and pick-axes.
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:07 am
znale1 says...

Name: Alexis Windfield
District: 6

Appearance: girl, tall, dark brown pupils, skin color: olive, black hair, smooth skin, average nose, mouth, ears and face, long hair, 35kg(very thin for a fourteen year old).very sharp features which make her look very pretty at times.

Personality: kind ( not everytime), smart, shy (sometimes), clean, active, funny, truthful, trustworthy, her weaknesses are the dark, butterflies and moths and her strengths are sarcasm, light and sound.

History: Alexis started healing people from the age four, she got inspired by her mum so she would always see what her mum would do to her patients and like that day by day she learnt how to heal people. She was smarter than everyone in her family. Alexis's oldest sister died on her birthday from that day it was only tragedy that came to her everytime she thought about her birthday. After a few months her father died by heart attack so after that day she had her self and her mum. She started learning to fight at the age eleven, her mum sent her to self defence classes everyday after her fathers death.

Do you think you can win? Yes, because Alexis has superiority complex and after all that training she is ready for anything.

Other? She works really well in an alliance and she is very supportive in everything. :smt003
Last edited by znale1 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.

170 Reviews

Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:13 am
yubbies21 says...

Elinor, good points. Unfortunately, you will have to get those from a sponsor. I have received all of the expected profiles, so I see no reason to wait.

znale1, I'm glad that you are joining, but people outside of the career districts didn't have the opportunity to train. Maybe if you specified how/where she did it. Was it in secret? Did she run off and do it herself?
beep

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:53 am
Sapi says...

This looks fun! :)

Name: Astra Lee

District: 7, lumber

Appearance: Astra is small for her age, and slim, but very graceful-looking. She has extremely pale skin, which adds a stark contrast to her long black hair (which goes down to her lower back, usually worn loose, and completely straight). She has very tiny features in general (small nose, small mouth) but very long fingers, so she has always been good at grasping things since a young age. She has startlingly green eyes and often wears a contemplative look on her face, even if she's concentrating, like she's looking at a deeper level of the world. People often estimate her age at 11 or so, because of her petite figure.

Personality: Astra would not be described as shy, exactly, but definitely intrusive. She's no the one to go out and meet people when she goes into a room, but to stay to the corners or with people she already knows. She is extremely intelligent for her age, also, and unexpectedly, likes to play pranks on people she doesn't like. She doesn't have very many friends in District 7, but she has lots of ways to amuse herself.

Because of her unusually long fingers, Astra has always liked climbing since she was a toddler. Good for her, she lives in District 7 where there are lots of trees for her to practice on. Therefore, she is actually stronger than she looks, from constantly hanging on branches and swinging around. Since she is not very useful to her father in his work of cutting down the trees, she instead spends her time learning about life in the tops of the trees, and has already become a sort of go-to for many about animals and plants. She likes spending time in the parts of forest untouched by the lumber workers, so that she does not have to bear the pain of watching her trees being cut down. One of her greatest weaknesses, though, is her incredibly pale skin, which is extremely sun-sensitive, another reason she stays in the trees. She cannot stay for any long period of time in open, sunny places or she gets burned, or gets a rash. She is not that great at running, but is most at home up in the air, whether climbing a structure, some rocks, or of course, any type of tree.

History: Astra is an only child. Her mother died in childbirth, and so her only family is her father and his sister, her aunt, who served as her mother figure in her childhood. Her aunt she calls Sami, though her true name is Samuela. Lack of actual mother and any siblings contributed to Astra's intrusiveness, but that is also just her natural personality. She has grown up living alone with her father in a small cottage at the edge of the forest that is reserved for cutting down, and from a young age has taken care of gathering roots and plants for both of them to eat, from the forest farther away. They are not allowed to take anything but lumber from the forest they live by, so Astra quickly learned to travel through the trees to the farther forest to forage for foods. This is part of how she gained her skills.

Do you think they will win (why/why not?): Astra's ability to navigate in the trees is a good advantage, but she has never learned to fight with any weapon, not even to hunt animals. Her tiny figure is good for escaping, but if she is in a situation with face-to-face combat, she will surely loose. She has a chance if she uses her brain and agility, but it is a very small one, so very small.

Other?: Not likely to form an alliance, has never worked well with others better than she can work by herself.
New to YWS? Check out The Buddy System!

Want to know what's going on around here? Visit Squills - the YWS News

Join The Storybook Revolution...Help revive the Storybooks!

39 Reviews

Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:43 pm
znale1 says...

Hey BlueRasberry!

You have made a few errors in your profile. You said your character was a girl but in history you put he and the last error was that you said she was the only child but in history you have inserted that your character had a sister. :)

170 Reviews

Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:59 pm
yubbies21 says...

i think she meant her father's sister!
beep

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:36 pm
View Likes
Sapi says...

"her only family is her father and his sister, her aunt, who served as her mother figure in her childhood. "

Znale1, I think this is the part you got confused about. Her aunt is her father's sister, hence the "his sister". I don't see anywhere I used "he" instead of "she" but if I did it was just a typo... :) sorry if the wording was a bit weird or something.
New to YWS? Check out The Buddy System!

Want to know what's going on around here? Visit Squills - the YWS News

Join The Storybook Revolution...Help revive the Storybooks!

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:15 am
VampireSenshi says...

Haha Yubs, the reason that I wanted to go first (mainly just before you) - because I needed your character to react to what happens with Andrew XD
<YWS>
<NE1>

NIGHT is always watching...

39 Reviews

Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:43 am
znale1 says...

Thank you for getting my head clear. :)

You are strong enough to conquer this day and the rest of your life.
— Tuckster