Young Writers Society

♔Victorian Dives♔ OOC

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:44 pm
View Likes
AceassinOfTheMoon says...

Hjsljdkd hi @TheScribe hello
As the history professor I should probably ask what you mean by "[Necromancers] will be the subject of several history lessons"
this is Ace erasure and I won't stand for it— silv

I haven't really said anything about ace but that's cause I'm usually speechless with how awesome ace is— Harry

Ace, you’re aggressively loved. Accept or perish.— Wist

[Ace]
[she/they/xe]

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:50 pm
View Likes
crossroads says...

oh also, this is obvious with some for... anatomy reasons... but are there any other notable combinations of races that can't result in a hybrid baby?
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:52 pm
View Likes
LadyMysterio says...

TheScribe wrote:@LadyMysterio 1885

Yessss one of my favorite years for fashion!
I know my worth, anyone else opinion doesn't really matter
-Agent Carter

311 Reviews

Reviews: 311
Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:54 pm
View Likes
Riverlight says...

@crossroads Lizardfolk, Merfolk, Centaurs, and Minotaurs are the only ones (I think) that cannot have Hybrid children

@AceassinOfTheMoon Are we not keeping with the old lessons we used? ;-;
The politics of the world may be corrupt, but that does not mean that we must be corrupted ourselves.

13 Reviews

Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:58 pm
View Likes

OHHHHHHHHHHHH OKAY

I was confused for a minute bc I didn't know if you wanted me to do that or if you wanted smth different~

Does that mean that in 1885 Necromancers have evolved into their own seperate race, then?

I haven't really said anything about ace but that's cause I'm usually speechless with how awesome ace is— Harry

[Ace]
[she/they/xe]

311 Reviews

Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:03 pm
View Likes
Riverlight says...

Yes; thus, Chase (while also a human) is technically a Necromancer. (That's jsut an example tho :P)
The politics of the world may be corrupt, but that does not mean that we must be corrupted ourselves.

13 Reviews

Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:06 pm
View Likes

Cool cool, thanks for clarifying XD

[Ace]
[she/they/xe]

117 Reviews

Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:23 pm
View Likes
crossroads says...

Oh, while on necromancy, @TheScribe what happens with the people who are raised by them? Are they themselves again, properly alive (and if so, do they age?), or are they servants of the necromancer or breathing with an expiration date or something? And if the necromancer dies, do they die again too?
- they/them -

311 Reviews

Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:25 pm
View Likes
Riverlight says...

Question-- is Monday a good starting day for everyone?

Spoiler! :
@Magebird @GrandWild @Yoshikrab @ChesTaco @Spearmint @crossroad @AceassinOfTheMoon @SpunkyKitty @AshlynPhoenix @Plume @LadyMysterio

311 Reviews

Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:26 pm
View Likes
Riverlight says...

@crossroads

The raised person is completely alive again and will die of natural causes/when they are killed, unless the Necromancer chooses to control their mind.

13 Reviews

Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:30 pm
View Likes

TheScribe wrote:Question-- is Monday a good starting day for everyone?

Yep!

[Ace]
[she/they/xe]

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:32 pm
View Likes
yoshi says...

ive got a good dragon char if thats okay

the dragon will be like a dragon in human form, but can also change into a dragon, but the dragon he changes into is like,,,, stunted.
they told me to never give up on my dreams.

so i took another nap

117 Reviews

Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:33 pm
View Likes
crossroads says...

Monday sounds good!
And so does the dead person being properly alive, heh heh...
- they/them -

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:34 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Spoiler! :

Name: Sir Alfred Hubert Capenum
Race: Vampire
Personality:. Easy-going when in a good mood, can be cruel. Likes to tease. He's just a whole goof, very loud.
Powers Description: Typical vampiric power with the added bonus of having been a sorcerer before being Turned. His magic focuses on various forms of energy. Depending on the type of energy (positive, negative, high, low, that kind of thing) and its source, Sir Alfred can be very powerful or very weak.
Views on Magic and Reasoning: Magic should be taken seriously, but not too seriously. Sir Alfred regards it as a quirk similar to double-jointedness or an equally mundane abnormality.
Class: Aristocracy
Family: None to speak of except for his mother (Mary Carter), who managed to gain immortality around the time of his birth and now travels the world -wreaking havoc as a witch. Sir Alfred also has an on-and-off relationship with several beings: a fairy, a sorcerer, another vampire, and a harpy.
Backstory: Sir Alfred was born into a very low class family in 1280. His mother sacrificed his father (a vicar) to gain immortality shortly before Sir Alfred was born, so he grew up learning sorcery from Mary and her father. Under their instruction he became quite powerful but grew jealous of his mother's permanent youth. At the age of 50 he finally found a way to gain what he desired so badly that didn't involve the death of a loved one. Sir Alfred was Turned by a high-born vampire by the name of Martin Blakewell, and they entered a close relationship shortly after. While Sir Alfred finally had virtual immortality, he did not have youth and this is something he remains bitter about to this day.
Sir Alfred climbed his way to the aristocracy and stayed there through the centuries, posing as his own descendants and sometimes spending a few decades as a beggar to change things up.
Profession: Aristocrat, patron of the arts, and professor of Sermomancy at the school.
Looks: About 5'9 and very lanky. His hair is pure white and cut to chin length a bit raggedly. He often leaves his face unshaven until he's grown a beard a few inches long, then promptly cuts it all off. He's very pale and has an extremely angular face with high cheekbones. His eyes are an unsettlingly stark shade of yellow. He's usually smiling broadly.
Sir Alfred likes to dress in the finest, most current clothes possible. He wears a neat black suit jacket and trousers with an emerald green waistcoat. On his black ascot he has a silver brooch with a green gem in the center. His shoes are always impeccably clean, no matter how muddy or dusty the floor is. When he's out an about he wears a neat black top hat or bowler hat, both silk. He always has a pair of spectacles on a silver chain. They're usually perched on his long nose, but they serve only cosmetic function. Sir Alfred is a very fast walker with long legs, so people are often intimidated when he comes pelting down a hall. He sometimes carries a silver-topped cane for flair and likes to swing it at people and breakable things.

Name: Nigel Stoutbridge
Race: Halfling
Personality: Likes to make short jokes, always ready to make friends, a bit of a slacker. Will help people with homework but won't do her own. Scornful of the aristocracy in general.
Powers Description: Nigel can manipulate metal: liquify, solidify, even make it gas. She can change its shape or strengthen it. Her powers don't work on pig iron. Getting metal back into its original shape is a bit tricky for her, which is why she often gets caught when she picks locks.
Views on Magic and Reasoning: It's fun and her power is particularly useful for unlocking doors!
Class: Middle
Family: Nigel has a mother who's a live-in seamstress for a Baron's daughter and two sisters, one older and one younger.
Backstory: Nigel's father ran off when she was about eight. She and her mother and sisters all work for the Baron's daughter, a very flouncy, unkind person in general. Nigel has a very low opinion of her and the upper class in general, so when she first discovered her powers she used them to make life harder on the girl by changing locks and destroying precious jewelry. She was dubious about the school, but her mother insisted she go.
Profession: Student
Looks: Nigel is about 3'1. Her skin is pinkish, and her eyes are a sharp, steely gray. Her hair is very curly and light brown, pinned up in a messy bun. She's very stocky, as is typical for a halfling. She wears a loose corset and sweeping skirts in faded orange.

@TheScribe my professor and my student!
Last edited by Ljungtroll on Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:35 pm
View Likes
Plume says...

Monday sounds great!
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.

But even the worst decisions we make don't necessarily remove us from the circle of humanity.
— Wes Moore, The Other Wes Moore