z

Young Writers Society

When Drugs Take Over DT

Reviews: 0
Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:41 am
View Likes
DiagonalBluebird says...

Hey all!

I just wanted to give you a floor plan of the house that the Caths occupy.
They only live in the basement, because it's too risky for them to live on the top floor (they might be seen). Some members sneak upstairs occasionally and swim in the pool (which Boone can't stand). The house is owned by Father Peter, who drops in occasionally to check on them and help restock food.

first-design.jpg
The Top Floor

first-design (1).jpg
The Basement (where they live)

Notes about the house:
The smaller, royal blue beds are bunked.
The large blue ones are lofted.
The small room in the upper left hand corner is a private meeting room and weapons storage room to which only the leader and second in command have a key.
The room in the upper right hand corner is a training room, complete with a small half-pipe, training mats, and lifting equipment.

If you have any questions, just let me know!

21 Reviews

Reviews: 21
Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:33 am
View Likes
Baesch says...

Hi there! Now that the first two POVs are up, I realise I have a question about the way the government uses drugs to maintain the populace in submission. My question is: would they really distribute drugs which are so easy to die of? It seems that keeping everyone dependent on low-fatality drugs would be a lot cleverer (and subtler), as that way they maintain absolute authority without having to deal with all the infrastructural problems that would arise from a population incapable of working or doing much more than surviving at a base level. After all, we're not talking about dirty street drugs but clean, clear-cut-purpose drugs.

Have you read Alduous Huxley's Brave New World? Soma, the drug they use there, has a similar function to what I imagined you to mean with these govenment-subsidised drugs.

Anyway, that's my question. :D
I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons.
-Douglas Adams

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:21 am
View Likes
Jadefox says...

Hey there! I'm sorry I'm sort of coming in late to the story, but would it be alright if I join and add a character? Just let me know and I will put the POV up as soon as possible.
Every book you've ever read is just a recombination of 26 letters.

254 Reviews

Reviews: 254
Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:45 pm
View Likes
IamTraunt says...

Am I strange for saying David Guetta's When Love Takes Over (Feat.Kelly Rowland) has been in my head for the past week?
Instead of singing "When love takes over", I've been singing "When drugs take over" O.O
Before you judge me...
Make sure you're perfect.

"Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.”
― Mark Twain

254 Reviews

Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:15 pm
View Likes
Sonder says...

That's hilarious, Traunt. XD

Posted mine. @Baesch, let me know if I did badly on Tenant. I can edit it up if you need.
"This world is but a canvas to our imagination."
~Thoreau

254 Reviews

Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:07 pm
View Likes
IamTraunt says...

Hey, @Wolfare1! Not to pester you, but have you submitted your character profile? ^^ If so, I can't wait to see it.
Before you judge me...

― Mark Twain

767 Reviews

Reviews: 767
Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:44 pm
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

To be honest I haven't started working on it yet, sorry! I will start (and finish) tonight, but do not fear! I have been planning it out in my head. Thank you for the reminder though. Life is hectic.
[insert really cool and fun quote here]
Check out my novel shenanigans.
Or request a review from me.

[she/her]

254 Reviews

Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:56 pm
View Likes
IamTraunt says...

That's fine, Wolf! I just didn't want you to get left behind seeing as we have started :) I will look forward to you posting.
Life is hectic. And unfair.
Before you judge me...

― Mark Twain

767 Reviews

Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:00 pm
SpiritedWolfe says...

I do have a question. So I'm guessing my person will be like 'the new guy' when I finally get my character in, so how does one exactly join the Caths? Do they talk to the priest (his name slips my mind at this moment) or what? So I can get an idea of how Ray (my character xD) gets dragged into all this.

[she/her]

254 Reviews

Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:09 pm
IamTraunt says...

I'd love to answer your question, Wolf. But I'm afraid I do not know. @DiagonalBluebird will be able to answer your question. Maybe we need that on the extra information box in the SB, Diagonal.
I'm not sure if it will be Father Peter you will go to. Perhaps Boone as he is the leader. But Diagonal will tell you, Wolf :)
Before you judge me...

― Mark Twain

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:14 am
View Likes
wtppowers says...

Hey people! I notice that you've still got an extra character slot. Do you care if I join?
Queen is the greatest band of all time.
I'll be on the radio some day.
I want you to be my friend.
My blog is right here!!!!

Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:53 pm
View Likes
DiagonalBluebird says...

Go ahead and join! Also, most people have a connection to the Caths or are recruited, though talking to the press owner or Father Peter would be the only way to join otherwise (or to even request an audience with Boone). Note: both people would be very suspicious and wary of undercover cops.

Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:36 pm
View Likes
DiagonalBluebird says...

I'm closing the SB on Monday, so all profiles should be in by then. ALSO, I left room for "other members" to have been left behind at the house on this mission (maybe they're sleeping, training, sneaking into the outdoor pool, etc.), so if you're not sure where to jump in, that's a start.

767 Reviews

Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:55 pm
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

I've finally got my character up (after neglecting my homework xD). If it's alright, I'll stick to Ray being the new guy, since he's fairly new to Boston and barely started thinking about joining the Caths. I'll figure out a way to make it work eventually. (Though before doing anything with it I'll be sure to run it by you guys).

[she/her]

463 Reviews

Reviews: 463
Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:18 am
View Likes
megsug says...

mm... Just so I can be sure... Who else is in the house other than Isabel right now?
Test

If I seem to wander, if I seem to stray, remember that true stories seldom take the straightest way.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind