z

Young Writers Society

The Maze of the Guilds DT

Choose Zyreli's fate

1) Through magic or steel, Zyreli's quest will when he draws his final breath in battle.
23%
2) Let Zyreli meet his end unaware as he foolishly dies by the hands of a trap in one of the Towers.
8%
3) A fate truly worse than death- enslavement. Zyreli was too weak to withstand the stronger forces of those who guard the Pages, and will spend a lifestyle in servitude of them, until age or starvation claims his life.
69%

Total votes : 13

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:47 am
StupidSoup says...

@AstralHunter Gotcha! I'll get to it as soon as I have the chance though its looking more and more like my weekends gonna be filled up to :\
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:13 am
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

It is totally fine, @15253... It was my fault to start this SB right when schools and universities are writing exams (Finals in my case), so that is why I made a new and straight forward poll... Everyone please vote... Thanks.
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

62 Reviews

Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:40 am
Poopsie says...

I cant find the ally list for the clans. Pls help ;3;
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

62 Reviews

Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:05 am

@Verser,although it is an interesting post, I will please ask you to refrain from posting again until all the intro posts have been made... Please remove your second post until then.
Also, you cannot simply walk up to an entrance and enter. I have to sort everyone at one of the ten entrances (you think I'd allow people from the same Guild or alliance to be at the same entrance? Funny.)
Since this isn't like any normal SB, I would like everyone to only post once a Trial or challenge has been issued. It is for the sake of structure and a correct sequence of events.

@Chaser, excellent post... That was obviously one of the lesser halls, since the majority of judges have... Other ways, of ensuring that Tryk couldn't have done that. But this could easily have been a lesser court, I shall allow it
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

62 Reviews

Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:16 am
View Likes

Oh, and here is the "alliance" lists:

-Azorius
-Dimir
-Rakdos
-Gruul
-Selesnya

And:

-Orzhov
-Izzet
-Golgari
-Boros
-Simic

So basically, every second Guild is "aligned" with the other. I say aligned in quotation marks since they only work together for certain reasons (like Azorius is aligned to Dimir so they can get useful knowledge, or Orzhov is working with Boros so they can have some militaristic force to back them up, etc) But they all still hate/detest/despise each other...

Also, can everyone please vote. I know Wolfe can't vote, but that means five people still need to vote. Please people...
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:29 am
LordZeus says...

@TheClockworkConjurer could you please tell me if my post that I sent you is okay?

62 Reviews

Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:48 am
View Likes

I apologize, I see I saved my reply as a draft and didn't send it... All is well @LordZeus, just in paragraph 14 you coded the last sentence to be crossed through and not in italics. Fix that, and you may post...

Note- Even though the SB is going to be postponed until December when Hunter and I are finished with Finals and Wolfe is hopefully back, you may still write your opening posts... Just no other posts after that (so until then, just 1 post p/character please... Patience is a virtue, after all)
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:51 am
LordZeus says...

62 Reviews

Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:18 pm
Poopsie says...

it wont let me remove the post ;-;
The Poopsiest.

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

62 Reviews

Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:30 pm
View Likes

I'll do it then... Did you save the content though? (it may come in handy come the next posting session)

EDIT: deleted. But I did save the post for future use... (Don't open this spoiler unless you wish to have Verser's post magically appear on your screen... :P )

Spoiler! :
Verser wrote:Revan
Orzhov Syndicate
Azorius Judicial Chambers

Revan stood with Set and the other high ranking mages as they surveyed the ruined Azorius court. Boros policemen and local first responders crowded the scene, quarantining dangerous parts of the area and reconstructing the building.

"Hard to believe something like this could happen in a court." whispered Revan. The mages beside him began breaking off into groups, muttering to each other about the event. Apparently a subject charged with theft escaped his bonds and laid waste to the court and its constituents before escaping. Revan figured the police would hunt him or her down soon enough, but his priority now was securing the area and tending to the wounded. Revan smiled to himself, maybe he could do some bartering while he was at it, trading med kits for money. But no, he wouldn't be that cruel.

"Disgraceful." Revan turned to see Set by his side, a scowl etched onto his face.

"Disgraceful?"

"Yes. How could five high court members let some lowly plebian destroy their court and get away? Its nothing short of failure." Revan smirked at Set's reply.

"And what would you have done, killed hi straight out?" That isn't the Azorius way, you'd be exiled."

Set frowned.

"Who said I wanted to be part of that weak guild?"

"Well you certainly don't belong here." Energy sparked to life around Set. His eyes lit up with fury.

"Was that a taunt Revan?" threatened Set. Revan stood his ground against the mounting pressure.

"Just a suggestion dear friend." Set relaxed, eyes still alight.

"You know well enough what happened to the last person who challenged me."

"The last person you challenged was an artisan who didn't bow low enough." Immediately the pressure increased again and Set took a step towards him.

"Don't threaten me Revan. I can destroy you." He meant it. Revan remained unfazed and eventually Set stalked off, muttering under his breath. Revan turned back to the ruined building. In the back of his mind lay the Maze. He tried not to think of it, but the presence was always there. He needed to confront the presence before he could continue or else he feared he wouldn't make it through the trials. Without a glance back, he set out.

A few hours and a peaceful walk later, Revan was at the entrance to the maze. It loomed over him, light reflected off its carvings casting an unearthly light around it. Indeed it was unearthly, the dragon maze was a thing of the past, only turned to to keep it happy. Revan stepped up to the massive door and found the Orzhov symbol carved into it. He smiled. It may be the last time he'd see it. He recalled the times he'd spent travelling abroad, spreading the syndicate's ideas across the country. He'd spent most of his life travelling so it was no surprise he'd recalled those events. Yet it wasn't what he was looking for. He searched his thoughts, recalling a time when he'd been sung to sleep by warm eyes and a wise smile, a time when he'd spent countless hours in the sun flying kites, laughing with deep blue eyes and an enveloping embrace. He made up his mind. He would survive, and when he came back, they would be there. He touched a hand to the Orzhov symbol again and looked up at the massive doors. For some reason they didn't seem as big. In a calm determined voice he whispered.

"I will defeat you."
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

62 Reviews

Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:20 pm
Poopsie says...

thanks clocky ;D
The Poopsiest.

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:47 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Despite its deletion, that was an awesome post, @Verser.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:51 pm
Auxiira says...

Sorry guys, I'm going to drop this. It's not rocking my boat, and I just can't find any inspiration.
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:54 pm
BrumalHunter says...

All is well, @Auxiira. Thank you for letting us know.

So, does anyone (who does not already have two characters) want a Dimir?
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

62 Reviews

Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:59 pm
Poopsie says...

me perhaps
The Poopsiest.

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done.
— Steven Wright