z

Young Writers Society

The Maze of the Guilds DT

Choose Zyreli's fate

1) Through magic or steel, Zyreli's quest will when he draws his final breath in battle.
23%
2) Let Zyreli meet his end unaware as he foolishly dies by the hands of a trap in one of the Towers.
8%
3) A fate truly worse than death- enslavement. Zyreli was too weak to withstand the stronger forces of those who guard the Pages, and will spend a lifestyle in servitude of them, until age or starvation claims his life.
69%

Total votes : 13

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:54 am
View Likes
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

Yes, you may, @Deskro...
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:59 am
Deskro says...

Thanks :3 all done now. Where are the other stories? I'm getting restless D:

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:09 am
Steggy says...

Oh!

I should post Mira somewhat soon-ish, and if not bug me!
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

62 Reviews

Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:24 am

Patience, my dear @Deskro, patience... You will learn that the more experienced the crew members, the longer they take to write, 1) because they long but always detailed and great posts (not that yours aren't...), 2) since experience comes with age, that means these members are older, and usually are in their final year of school (like me and @AstralHunter), are in college, or have jobs...

But don't worry, once the Trials begin the pace will pick up.

Oh, and @Auxiira and @Bambi, are you still in this? Because we can't start the Trials without everyone's entry posts, and I don't want NPCs as Champions, so...
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:44 am
LordZeus says...

@TheClockworkConjurer I sent you a PM 2 days ago. Please answer it.

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:43 pm
StupidSoup says...

I'll be active this weekend
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:12 am
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Let it be known that @Lumi and @CandyWizard have received their two credits for creating their character profiles. (We are still waiting upon @Auxiira and @Bambi.)

As far as posts go, let it also be known that @Stegosaurus and @Verser have received two credits for submitting their first posts, while @Deskro has earned four credits for submitting both of his characters' first posts.

I shall submit one of my posts later this week - probably tomorrow - but feel free to submit yours whenever you have the time. Just remember that ten days have already passed, so twenty remain...

PS: Also remember that backwards-writing has been prohibited, so whoever posts next must start it during the afternoon or early evening.

EDIT: The first DT post has been hijacked for the purposes of acting as a point bank, so if you wonder how many points you have, you can view your balance with ease.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

62 Reviews

Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:37 am
View Likes

@Deskro, I really like Cactus Jack's post, especially the song part... Just one thing (nothing major): This isn't like the Hunger Games where you can offer yourself as tribute, since not everyone has the Planewalking ability. The Guild Leaders (and therefore their representatives like Trostani) have ways of knowing who has the ability, thus CJ won't have to offer himself, since Trostani would actually order or instruct him to enter...

@LordZeus, since the matter of Severan's summoning is something I wish to discuss with you, a pm won't cut it. And I have been in the Lounge or Cloakroom every night since you sent the pm (if I remember correctly @AstralHunter even told you once that I would be there...)
Anyway, if you get the time, look for me in the Lounge between 7-10pm GMT time. I am there most evenings...

Continue the great work guys!! Once all the first posts are in, I shall explain how the Trials will work, as well as the Merchant... (which reminds me- @Caesar and@AstralHunter, if I haven't sent you a pm regarding the merchant's way of doing business by Wednesday, feel free to bug me until I do)

EDIT: note that I have added a 0 to the backs of your point tally, since 1 SB credit (aka Challenge credits) is equal to 10 in-game points, to be used in both the eliminations and for Merchant goals... (just remember to take note of that when editing the point table please)
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

293 Reviews

Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:51 am
BrumalHunter says...

I shall keep that in mind, @TheClockworkConjurer.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:01 pm
Auxiira says...

I am still here, @AstralHunter, I'm just extremely lethargic and finding motivation for anything at all is hard rn
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:08 pm
View Likes
Persistence says...

@Deskro, your post was great!

@TheClockworkConjurer, I'm waiting on Zeus for one of my characters, because my post will depend on Severan's post.
:)
Deep thoughts remind me of unfinished

62 Reviews

Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:11 am

@15253, I like your post, but just note, you have to add the part where you are chosen. You can't just mention the choosing; the character has to be chosen in your first post...
Also, at the beginning of your post in your header you said Nacht is an Arachnid, but that is Asphyxius... Other than that, great post.
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

293 Reviews

Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:30 am
BrumalHunter says...

That was an excellent post, @15253! You also set a meeting up nicely, so if you were just to squeeze in a part where Jaraad summons Nacht privately and then informs him of his choice. I shall allocate you your credits once you have completed the challenge's conditions.

Also, since this is too good an opportunity to pass up, considering your post's content, I shall now teach everyone here something: Read the instructions carefully. Once the Trials start, neither TCC nor I will inform you if you did not follow all the instructions, which can lead to your character being eliminated.
— Paul the Apostle

62 Reviews

Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:43 am

Due to reasons mentioned on her wall, @SpiritedWolfe will be absent from YWS until December. That leaves us with a slight problem, since she already two excellent characters, and out of respect I don't want to kill them off early. Therefore if any of you are willing to "adopt" one or both of her characters, please say so here. Otherwise I'll have to find someone who has time to...

Also @Auxiira and @Bambi, I'm bugging you again, since I don't want four loose cannons, so please submit (or edit in Bambi's case) your characters... I am personally very lethargic, but please...
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:52 am
Deskro says...

@TheClockworkConjurer Thanks! And sorry, I didn't really think I guess, I just assumed there were multiple Planewalkers and thus 'options' as it were. That kind of emphasizes Trostani's resistance to his offer, as she doesn't want to 'sacrifice' him due to his role if there had been others available. My bad though, I'll keep my 'blue hat' on next time xD #NoMoreExcuses

@Candywizard thanks bud :P looking forward to your next post

If you know what the tip of a shoelace is called, Congratulations, you watched Phineas and Ferb!
— FireEyes