z

Young Writers Society

Dragons Dt

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:00 am
View Likes
Cynder says...

Ok.. so then the mountain dragons(with help from the physic dragons) can come up with the plan to break the masonry and therefore escape. However, knowing that dwarves are well known for their blacksmith skills, I see a fault there. The only way around that is to say the ruins themselves are only adapted to by the dwarves, meaning that they themselves did not make the caves our dragons are caged in. And that makes titanium not so completely impassible that's good.. and I think that is it.. thanks @JamesHunt
Cynder Rosetail Draak

"Be able to say: I am what I want to be."

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:51 am
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

In the Medieval Ages, humans did believe there were dragons, but since the Americas were settled much later... Actually, we can say some rich American discovered that dragons still lived peacefully in America - the Native Americans certainly wouldn't mind their presence - and built an underground fortress to capture dragons. However, it was abandoned, and when the dwarves arrived, they claimed it for themselves. Maybe one of @TheWanderingWizard's NPC dragons knows this and tells everyone else as soon as the idea of a breakout starts forming?
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

767 Reviews

Reviews: 767
Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:45 pm
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

Wait, the break out's happening already? Or am I missing something...?

Anyway, great post, Cynder! Hopefully this weekend will not be quite as homework heavy, so I can get a post done. Don't rely on me, though xD Plus Cryssi isn't as important right now. However, I was planning that she meets up with Jura? Maybe that's her distraction xD
[insert really cool and fun quote here]
Check out my novel shenanigans.
Or request a review from me.

[she/her]

53 Reviews

Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:48 pm
View Likes
Cynder says...

Cool, @Wolfare1 And no, the breakout hasn't happened yet. It's still in the planning stages. So don't worry about that too much yet.. And your idea for using the distraction to meet Jura is a good idea. Thanks.
And I'm not sure what we want to convey. Do we want to involve the humans and their advanced technology or do we want to stick with an abandoned research facility? Say.. one that the Elder had installed previously and left there, not knowing it would be used against his own kind. Or he could have a more evil approach, like it was left there on purpose by the Elder so the dwarves could "stumble upon it." Let me know what you guys think about this.
Thanks guys.
Cynder Rosetail Draak

293 Reviews

Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:13 am
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Well, the Elder seems to have two options before him:

1. He is a stern, blunt, old dragon, but he truly does have concern for the three worlds' fates and wants to prevent a catastrophe of unimaginable proportions.

2. He had a vision that Cynder (and some or all of the other dragons as well) could save humanity, but he wants humanity to be wiped out entirely, ensuring once and for all that dragons rule supreme. Throughout the SB, he'll then try to find ways in which to thwart our characters.
Last edited by BrumalHunter on Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

53 Reviews

Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:42 am
View Likes
Cynder says...

I pick the latter of the two. I think that if he really wanted to help them, he wouldn't be so harsh. I think he is stuck in his ways and power has corrupted his great mind. He will end up alone. I'd like everyone's opinions though. What is he to you, @JamesHunt ?
Cynder Rosetail Draak

179 Reviews

Reviews: 179
Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:57 am
View Likes
r4p17 says...

I think that if we really want to expand the SB it might be good to go with the second option. Right now we don't have much of a plot, but adding this aspect to it could lead to the Elder trying to thwart our efforts. Perhaps he could even be trying to destroy the humans...
One writer with one imagination makes thousands of new worlds and stories." ~ Anonymous author

53 Reviews

Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:17 am
View Likes
Cynder says...

I agree, @r4p17
Cynder Rosetail Draak

293 Reviews

Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:38 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

I concur. However, what @r4p17 has said is true - we don't have a definite plot. Thus far, these were the goals in the SB:

~ Get the party of seven dragons to America.
~ Save Cryssi the phoenix from being killed.
~ Investigate the source of the mysterious telepathic message.
~ Fight the dwarves.
~ Escape from the Dwarvish prison.

If we take a closer look at these, it becomes clear that the goals arise in the moment. However, our characters need something towards which to work. After they've escaped, what do they do? They are supposed to make the humans believe in dragons again, but how do they do that without exposing themselves? perhaps we should discuss that first, and then how the Elder plans to thwart them.

Spoiler! :
Tagging @Cynder, @Wolfie36, @Wolfare1, and @TheWanderingWizard
— Paul the Apostle

293 Reviews

Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:35 am
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Awesome post, @Wolfare1!
— Paul the Apostle

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:21 pm
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Wow, @Wolfare1! Great post!!!! :D What a perfect introduction of Jura!
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

767 Reviews

Reviews: 767
Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:27 pm
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

Thanks guys! Hopefully I'll be more active with this. And an idea is they dragons could probably use a few tactics with messing with the human's heads? For instance, maybe using the ghost superstition again them. (Like people believing in ghosts? And the dragons act like ghosts and be like, if you don't believe in dragons they'll come and kill you in your sleep?)
[insert really cool and fun quote here]
Check out my novel shenanigans.
Or request a review from me.

[she/her]

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:31 pm
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Haha, that would be very humorous to write about! I will talk to Cynder about it today and we'll come up with some ideas. :D
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

179 Reviews

Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:51 pm
View Likes
r4p17 says...

I will try to make a post within the next week or so, though I need to come up with something to write about. I suppose I could begin the planning for the escape if that is all right with the rest of you.
One writer with one imagination makes thousands of new worlds and stories." ~ Anonymous author

179 Reviews

Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:00 am
View Likes
r4p17 says...

I will really try to get a post in tomorrow!

Anxiety is the dizziness of freedom.
— Søren Kierkegaard