z

Young Writers Society

Red Sky in Morning [DT]

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:17 pm
Holysocks says...

@Lael, that's understandable! As far as humans and mermaids go, I think it would be best if we just stuck with one character each. But ah, if you're feeling super ambitious I wouldn't say no to two!

Also I'm going to try to get my character written up Sunday night! And maybe see if we can snag a couple more participants.
100% autistic

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:29 pm
View Likes
Lael says...

Nah, I was just wondering. I'm not interested in 2 characters. That would kill me. xD I'll try to let you know my decision soon.
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

223 Reviews

Reviews: 223
Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:42 pm
View Likes
Kelpies says...

Can we have a character template?
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.
I do believe that insane is the only way to go.

494 Reviews

Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:02 pm
Holysocks says...

Sure, @Kelpies!

Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Race -human, mermaid, etc:[/b]
[b]Sex &/or gender:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]History (doesn't have to be long at all!) :[/b]
[b]Other:[/b]
100% autistic

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:36 pm
KaiRyu says...

Could I join too? Since school is starting, I should be on more often. ^-^
“So what? You're another person so of course you look different. What do you need to be ashamed for?” Ciel Phantomhive

"Reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram buy gold bye!" Bill Cipher

494 Reviews

Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:54 pm
View Likes
Holysocks says...

Yes you absolutely can, @KaiRyu! C:

Also I changed my mind and I'm working on my character today!- Getting excited!

ALSO I've been thinking about what @Lael was saying about two characters, and now I'm like.... maybe we SHOULD almost have two charries (a human and a mer-person) so then it's like cool when stuff happens. But that also seems like difficult to keep up with for everyone. What do you guys think?

ALSO if someone's not sure what to do for a character, I think it would be really cool if there was a mermaid spy or two on the ship.

And the other thing is... because the human characters are on a cruise ship, I feel like it's necessary to say it's okay if your character came on the cruise with someone (since I think it would be a little odd if there's ALL these people that came alone). So if they're young, maybe they came with parents or another guardian (my charry came with her grandmother, for instance), or perhaps your character came with a friend or a couple friends, or a spouse, etc! Though I don't think these extra people should get too caught up in the story- so try to pay more attention to other people's characters than your side characters (otherwise it gets a tad boring I think), if you get what I mean. And the side characters don't need a profile or anything, and shouldn't be written from- they're just sorta there, and can add to stuff. Basically NPC's I guess. Or maybe this isn't a good idea? Thoughts?
100% autistic

176 Reviews

Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:05 pm
sheysse says...

I like the idea of a second mer character! Like a counter of our character?

494 Reviews

Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:08 pm
Holysocks says...

Yeah, like an evil (doesn't have to be EVIL, it's just mer-people view human's more as food, or something, so, you know) 'other' character. But I'm worried it would get too complicated.

And if certain people don't want to do both a mermaid and a human, that is TOTALLY fine. I'm still not sure I'd be able to handle two, myself. XP
100% autistic

81 Reviews

Reviews: 81
Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:52 pm
Lael says...

Ah, I don't think I can do this. Sorry! :(
"And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:7

494 Reviews

Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:56 pm
Holysocks says...

Aw, no worries Lael! But if you feel like you can later, you're more than welcome in! c:
100% autistic

176 Reviews

494 Reviews

Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:19 pm
Holysocks says...

@Synnoev started a discussion about the appearance of the mer-people in the WFP, @Sheytato! There's some cool ideas in there. I'm open to anything, personally. But I like the idea of them having webbed hands and sharp teeth, personally C:<
100% autistic

176 Reviews

Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:28 pm
View Likes
sheysse says...

I see. I left some notes in there... Once we reach some conclusions, I'd like to whip up another template for a mer.

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:39 am
View Likes
Synnoev says...

I think those are great points Holysocks!

I was agonizing over whether to have mermaid or human but both is good too!

Also, if its ok with Kelpies, I'd like to have the guy who stole the selkie skin! It will be fun to play someone a bit evil haha

Shall we try and reach some conclusions on the WFP this weekend? For now i think getting a shared idea of appearance is most important, we can work on the other stuff as we go :)

Poetry is the art of creating imaginary gardens with real toads.
— Marianne Moore