z

Young Writers Society

PMD: Seventeen Plates DT 2

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:57 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Thank you, @Tortwag. When I say that I find watching your replays useful, I truly mean it. And even though I have been analysing your teams (@Verser, you know me so well... XD), I'd actually prefer it if you used a team I have not seen already. Where would the fun be in preparing a battle beforehand?

@Robusto, I look forward to reading it, then. :D
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:22 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@AstralHunter You mean, useful 'cause yo'ure learning how the metagame works? Or just 'cause the battles are fun to watch?
Actually, I'd feel like some kind of ominous video game boss if you'd prepare beforehand, lol, so I wouldn't mind.

I do plan to change teams and tiers whenever I have to fight you though. I'm comin' up with new UnderUsed squadrons, and trust me, they'll be wicked :twisted:
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

293 Reviews

Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:17 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Fantastic! I can't wait.

Oh, but could you perhaps explain the different tiers? I've visited the website, but I can't seem to find any information on what classifies as "UnderUsed", "OverUsed", "RarelyUsed", etc. Could you please explain?

PS: If you were a character in a video game, you probably would be a boss, but rather a crazy, super-difficult-to-defeat one.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

40 Reviews

Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:33 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

I can't wait for YOU to finally say: "I am ready. Bring it on" ;)

Have you checked Bulbapedia? http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Tier 'cause they explain stuff way better than I am, but essentially, the tiers are organized groups of Pokemons according to how useful they are in competitive play. Their stats, their potential, their movepool, everything that defines a pokemon and how you can use it is what a Tier classfication is.

In short, it's what defines the difference between a Smeargle and a Mega Rayquaza, and why they don't AT ALL have the same effectiveness in combat (Mega Rayquaza being so powerful that he's banned from the Legendary Ubers tier.).

However, don't let yourself be deceived: Tiers or not, a smart player using a Focus Sashed Smeargle with Spore and Transform can easily defeat a Mega Rayquaza by turning his strength against it.
^ At least it worked when I did it, lol. Spore, one HP left, Shift Gear, Transform, and freakin" Dragon Ascent the jerk.

Point being, Tiers define a Pokemon's effectiveness and ability to win against others from other tiers, but it doesn't make them bad or useless, which is something many players seem to believe, unfortunately.
And here is the list of Pokemon available for each Tier. http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sm ... s.3513352/

PS: I actually like to see myself as a reccurent boss. Strong at the beginning anyway, but definitely crazy by the time you fight him one last time. This must be why I love Bullet Hell Shoot'em Ups, lol.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:36 pm
Robusto says...

A mysterious message has appeared somewhere in the SB...

40 Reviews

Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:28 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

Soooo, you mean like... In one of the 12 pages of SB we currently have?

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:30 pm
TheSilverFox says...

I tried searching through various portions of the SB (namely, several of Robusto's posts, the first in the SB, and some of the character bios), but the most suspicious thing I found was the "Summary" part of the SB, but I'm pretty sure I saw that yesterday.

I think I'm missing something. >.>
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:42 pm
Robusto says...

@TheSilverFox: Then you already found it. Most people don't look in the SB unless there's a post, so that seemed a good place to hide it.
The plot thickens.

40 Reviews

Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:45 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

...Huh. I'll have to look for that tomorrow then. Oh well, one more mystery to look into! THat's always a plus here.

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:05 pm
StupidSoup says...

Twaggy, Verser wants to know when ur online to battle in Showdown. He made me delete the next sentence of this reply becuz it said inflammatory things about himelf
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:22 pm
Charizard821 says...

Gotta say, this Showdown thing is beginning to catch my interest. Also, @Buggiedude2340, that was ONE TIME you beat me. I believe we battled four. XD

Halfway through this vacation guys! I can't wait to get home. I have an idea for a new inspirational series about the YWS and the people on it. Not to mention developing Riley's feelings toward Flurry, Char's next adventure in the Kingdom of Peace, and, OH! Oh! Oh! Hold up! Biiiig request, @Robusto! Thanks for reminding me. Can we please NOT allow Yveltal to be psyche battled? I has plans for him. Thank you! ^^

Talk to you guys soon!

293 Reviews

Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:40 pm
BrumalHunter says...

I just finished scissoring through the SB, and I came up with nothing. I guess I'll have to try the DT then... X_X

And thanks for the explanation, Tort.

EDIT: http://www.zergnet.com/o/619600/1/0/619366 And that's why I'm glad it's just fantasy, and not reality. XD
— Paul the Apostle

299 Reviews

Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:52 pm
TheSilverFox says...

There; it's posted. I'd be happier, but I'm tired and frustrated, I can't focus on anything, and I'm deeply depressed. >.>

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it. It sort of...grew, while I was writing it, thus explaining its large size. XD Furthermore, I did have some more ideas, but I got a little lazier towards the end, and I'm also going to be largely unavailable starting tomorrow afternoon, so I had to write what I could in time I had. >.> Nonetheless, I will write those ideas down and post them at a future date, because I like them too much to not work on them.

That's about all. Have a good day, everyone! :D

299 Reviews

Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:01 pm
TheSilverFox says...

(Double posting because I forgot some things and I want to bring back the concept.)

@Robusto: Huh, I actually found it? That's strange; it wasn't even intentional. XD I was just perusing the SB yesterday (like I sometimes do, usually because I'm bored or I want to see some of the earliest posts), and I happened to notice the summary, which I found a bit odd. Today, when you mentioned something about a mysterious message appearing in the SB, I remembered what I saw yesterday and made the connection. So....yay, I'm right. For a change. :P

@Buggiedude2340: You beat me? I can't seem to be able to remember that. >.> No, I'm not joking; I only remember the one match, and that was the one I won. At least, the one I think I won. Darn...now I'm not very sure anymore. Could you please explain?

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:07 pm
StupidSoup says...

Great post Silver! Loved the details and I cant wait to find out who the immortal is.
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

There are those who say that life is like a book, with chapters for each event in your life and a limited number of pages on which you can spend your time. But I prefer to think that a book is like a life, particularly a good one, which is well to worth staying up all night to finish.
— Lemony Snicket