z

Young Writers Society

Animorphers DT

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:58 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

I would be down for that. I had actually considered that instead of continuing this one when I had the idea to bring more people in, but I wasn't sure if you guys would think it was too out-there.

If we ended "this storybook" with Riley waking up in the hospital, then it could be a happy ending as well as being able to skip ahead a couple weeks/a month in the Animorphers timeline so that Riley isn't in the hospital forever and is well on her road to recovery when we pick back up.

The main downside to doing "Animorphers 2.0" though, would be losing all the stats of the current SB (DT posts and Animorphers entries.) But we could easily post the original stats on the First DT Post of the new one if we decided to go that route--It wouldn't be quite the same, but certainly better than nothing.
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:49 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

I know. Animorphers DT [2] would have been quite the accomplishment. d: (it's still possible!)

I think the 2.0 version can be considered as exactly what it is: a continuation of this one, with all the stats carried over.
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

440 Reviews

Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:27 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Cool, a car chase! Nice post, @Europa. :)
and do not be afraid.

93 Reviews

Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:30 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

How many pages does the DT have to get to before it explodes? :P

I agree, @Wolfical. It'll feel like a continuation, but sort of with a breath of fresh air. A new spark to the storyline. I like the idea.

I put up a poll so that everyone can vote on it. I think it's important that everyone in the SB gets a say since it's such a big change.

So, @Chaser, @LordZeus, @HazelGrace16 and @Steggy, please spare a moment to vote on the poll, especially if you're unable to post on the DT. Wolfie and @Europa, too, so I can get an accurate voter count. Thanks!

Yay, new post! *goes to read*
Last edited by Lefty on Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

93 Reviews

Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:44 am
Lefty says...

Nice, @Europa! The car chase was fun to read. :D

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:04 am
Steggy says...

I think making a new Storybook with the old characters can flesh out while the new characters, whoever is going to be joining, can play some type of role into the new Storybook.

Also, if we wanted to make a new character/edit something about the our original character, could we?
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

440 Reviews

Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:44 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Oh and Lefty, to answer your question, a DT explodes at 100. So we have to diffuse the bomb at 99!
and do not be afraid.

93 Reviews

Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:33 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

It looks like all the votes are in! The clear winner is "Add new YWSers and create a new SB."

Thank you so much for your input, guys!

@Wolfical, we can totally make it to page 99. Challenge accepted. :P

So it looks like we'll have quite a bit talk about. I know Europa's friend Ossie would already like to claim one of the new Animorphers spots, as well as Europa herself wanting to create a new character for the new Animorphers.

To answer @Steggy's question, technically, yes. If you guys want to make another character, you can. But one of the main purposes of adding new members is to create a new spark to the storybook and bring some activity back into the Animorphers world, and I think the main key to that is bringing in new people. So if anyone who was originally part of the SB wants to make a new character, they would need to serve that purpose and be active with posting for that character. It's also important that the original characters aren't neglected in light of the excitement of making a new character. If only original members made new characters, it would sort of defeat the purpose, so I think it's fine if a few people wanted to make another character, as long as there are a good number of new comers mixed in as well.

---------

Wolfie had mentioned that, technically, we could add more new characters than just three or four. How many new Animorphers do you guys think we should add? It's important to bring enough new characters/YWSers in to make it worth while, without crowding or overwhelming the story. It might also depend on how many people are interested in joining.

Secondly, when should this new SB be created so that new characters can start being developed? There are still some things that need to happen in the storyline before there will be time/room for the new characters to come in, so I think we should get a little further before starting the new SB.

Cole and Riley were just captured, so they need to escape the rebels next. And as they're escaping is when Riley gets shot, so there's all of that going on, but that mostly only effects them.

The Government needs to find the Animorphers soon so that the Government can get the Animorpher DNA and one of the Animorphers stumbles onto the news of the new lab. But this kind of messes up the plan for Solider Riley, because the Government was originally going to find them right before that and that's when the group was going to go their separate ways--some with the government, some with the rebels--but that storyline can be tweaked. They can all be with the rebels at that point and they can work with them to get Solider Riley back.

So it might be a good idea for the other characters to be found by the Government while Cole and Riley are dealing with the rebels. I've also had some small ideas for some of the characters if you guys are looking for post inspiration. Also, I think it's less important right now to make sure everyone gets one post per round, given that some characters are more heavily involved in the plot at this current time than others. If all the characters are equally posted, it's going to take forever for the current plot points to run their course.

If it's okay with everyone, I'm going to start working on another Cole post since there's a lot of ground to cover with the Rebels/Captured plot line.

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:09 pm
Europa says...

@LeftyWriter I think six would be a good number of new characters. I would be happy to send out a few invitations to some of my Storybooking friends.

We could save the government approaching them for early on in the next SB since the only thing the government would need for these new Animorphers is new animal DNA.

I can't wait to see your post!

93 Reviews

Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:03 pm
Lefty says...

I just thought it would be a good idea to add the government in now because that's something that needs to be done before the new Animorphers come in and it would be good to get that out of the way sooner rather than later so that it doesn't delay the new people when they want to get started. Also, if some of the other characters don't have anything to do while Cole and Riley are captured, that would be a good, important thing for them to be a part of.

Of course, it's not something that has to be done now, nor do the other characters have to go that route while Cole and Riley are captured. It was just an idea/suggestion in case the other characters needed something to do at that time.

93 Reviews

Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:15 am
Lefty says...

Posted! Let me know if I should change anything, @Europa.

45 Reviews

Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:22 am
Europa says...

After much deleting and rewriting, I've finally posted. @LeftyWriter tell me if I need to change anything

440 Reviews

Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:46 am
Wolfi says...

That was a really good post @Europa! ;-; What happens next?
and do not be afraid.

45 Reviews

Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:01 am
View Likes
Europa says...

@Wolfical If I'm correct, the next thing that's happening is that Cole hides away somewhere and had to keep Riley alive while waiting for an ambulance. Unless you had a different idea since we last talked about it, @LeftyWriter

Also, how are we going to handle the government approaching the Animorphers?

93 Reviews

Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:24 am
Lefty says...

That was awesome, @Europa. Loved it!

I could have him stay with her while they wait for an ambulance. I had also considered the idea of them being near a hospital and him carrying her there. Do you have a preference?

There's several different ways we could go about the government approaching them. One of the easiest ways for the Animorphers to trust them more right off the bat is if say, a couple of the Animorphers were being followed/pursued by Japanese Assassins and the government agents protected them, then revealed their identities. The rebels have been keeping them safe up to this point, but with Cole and Riley escaping, they would have their hands full and be distracted enough to lose track of a couple of them.

And don't forget it's hydrate or diedrate
— zaminami