z

Young Writers Society

Animorphers DT

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:25 pm
View Likes
Europa says...

@LeftyWriter I like that idea. And I do think it would be a lot easier just to bring him back as a human. @Wolfical, you've made me wonder how an Animorpher dating a non-Animorpher would work out. Probably some sort of Spiderman and Mary Jane dynamic.

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:38 pm
Lefty says...

I've thought about, what if Gwen ended up with Darrin? He's not technically an Animorpher, but he does know about them.

It is interesting to think about that, though. If an Animorpher was in a relationship with a human that didn't know about them. The Animorpher would have to hide a lot from them, and probably lie to keep the Animorpher secret... but we all know they'd find out about them eventually. They always do. :P
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

45 Reviews

Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:50 am
Europa says...

I just had another thought. Assuming we decide to bring Cole back and go with the nanobot idea, and depending on when Cole gets reunited with the others, he could go with Emma and Layla to go looking for Riley.

(I think instead of just having her go to NY right away, I'd have her bounce around a little, staying on the move to keep anyone tracking her off her trail.)

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:48 am
Wolfi says...

Emma's with Dan though!
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

93 Reviews

Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:27 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

@Wolfical, I think Europa was planning to have Riley run away to New York after she finds out that she killed Cole, in which case, the Animorphers find out where she is and follow her to New York to find her and bring her back. I think Europa had originally thought that Emma and Layla would be the ones going after her, so I think she meant that if Cole came back soon enough, that he could go with them, not that Cole could be in a relationship with Emma. I don't believe much, if any, of that had been mentioned on the DT before now.

@Europa, I don't think Cole would come back that quickly. Probably a week or two after they bring Riley home. What if all of the Animorphers took a trip to New York to cover more ground to try and find her? I think that would be a good opportunity to bring all of the characters into a new environment and give them a chance to get outside of their norm. Perhaps Layla and Emma just happen to be together at the time they run across her?
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

440 Reviews

Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:19 am
Wolfi says...

Oh xD I totally read that wrong.
and do not be afraid.

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:32 pm
View Likes
Steggy says...

90 pages of Animorphers DT now that's something
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

440 Reviews

Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:08 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Indeed it is! Glad to see you back in green Stegs <3
and do not be afraid.

93 Reviews

Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:45 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

The votes are in...

...and Animorphers has tied for:

BEST STORYBOOK OF 2016!!!

Wooooaaaaahhhh!!!!

That is amazing! I was shocked when we were voted the Best SB of 2015, but I never thought we would have the honor of being listed on the YWS Best Awards two years in a row. I have had a blast writing in this storybook with you guys.

When I started this SB almost fifteen months ago (wow!), I had never created a storybook before, let alone been in one. But I kept looking out for one about teenagers being able to turn into animals and eventually, I decided to go out on a limb and make my own. When I clicked submit, launching this shiny new SB called Animorphers into the void, I had no idea if it would take off, or if anyone on YWS found the concept interesting except for me. I couldn't have been more surprised with the quick, positive response I received, and I'm so grateful that I've had the chance to work with such an amazing group of people to create this story. You guys are the best.

Since October of 2015, we have written an incredible 86 Animorphers entries (over 115k words!) and 1300+ DT posts (90 pages!).

That is amazing!

I can't wait to see where the storybook goes next! Happy 2017! :smt081

ImageImage

ImageImage

Once again, I would like to thank everyone who follows the Animorpher journey and anyone who voted for us as 2016's best storybook. You're all amazing!

440 Reviews

Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:46 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Aaawwww, yay!!! <33

and do not be afraid.

93 Reviews

Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:10 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

Since it sounds like people are in favor of Cole coming back from the dead (with some tweaks to the idea and given there weren't any objections), I'll plan on having him come back and we can visit the details again when we get closer to that point in the storybook.

So, I would like to go ahead and talk about my other big idea that I would love your guys' feedback on...

What if we added a few new people to the storybook? Since we've had a couple people leave the storybook since its original launch and given that the SB has slowed down quite a bit over the past year, I think it could bring some new life into it, as well as some new relationships and plotlines.

I think it could be fun to see some new faces in Animorphers, and given how quickly the SB originally filled up, there might be some YWSers who are interested in being a part of it, where as they might not have had time or known about it the first time around.

So, how would this fit into the SB? Well...

Spoiler! :
Theoretical Scenario:

The government lost track of the Animorphers after the bombing of the lab and has been searching for them ever since. Finally, they find them and tell them that they want to offer the Animorphers protection. The Animorphers are told that they have no intention of recreating the experiment and that they just want to make things right after everything they've been through, as well as wanting to protect them since they are valuable to the government.

The government does "check-ups" on them to make sure that they're okay since they never got a chance to assess them after the experiment.

The reality? Mr. Neil takes his research back to the government to restart the experiment, and they have everything they need except Animorpher DNA, which is what they get from them during the check-up. The government starts working on a new lab.

One of the Animorphers does some poking around and comes across the information about the new lab. A couple of them drive out to where the lab is supposed to be and discovers that there is indeed a facility there that is on no map. They discover that inside is a new laboratory with dozens of shiny new M.I.C.S..

Their trust in the government is broken and they turn to The Protectorate for help. They work out a plan to destroy the new lab, attempting to keep any other kids lives from being turned upside down and to keep the government from being able to create their army of super soldiers.

Everything is going according to plan until they come across new test subjects that are being held at the facility. They learn that they are orphans who were taken to be a part of the experiment and that they are younger than the first batch of Animorphers.

The Animorphers risk everything to get them out. They succeed and the lab is once again destroyed. They learn that the new test subjects had been in the chairs a day before they rescued them. Now acting as mentors to them, they have to care for these new, younger Animorphers and protect them while trying to stay alive themselves.

I had imagined the new Animorphers to be 12-14 years old and probably 3-4 of them.

I would really like all of your feedback on this since this would be a huge change to how the SB is currently going and would effect every member of the SB. If you don't like the idea, that's fine. I just thought I would throw this out there and see if you guys were interested at all, as I think this might be just the spark the SB needs.

Feel free to post any and all thoughts on the matter, even if it's just thinking out-loud. For the idea, against the idea, I'd love to hear it. Also, my inbox is always open.

Thanks, guys!

45 Reviews

Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:43 pm
Europa says...

I think its a good idea, we just need to find the best place to fit it in. Also, I'd love to play one of these new Animorphers, if that's alright. I have a pretty good idea for a character.

440 Reviews

Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:18 am
Wolfi says...

Sorry! I was busy when I first checked my notifications for this, so I didn't read Lefty's post and then forgot about it. //A+ sb mod

@Europa just PMed me for my opinion and thus reminded me to read this, so here's my answer ~

Lefty, this sounds awesome! I love the mentor concept especially.

I wouldn't think any new YWSer would be thrilled to hop in mid-SB (it'd be a bit too much for someone to catch up on, and they might feel left out/stressed), but I still really like the idea of having new writers in the Animorphers story. Maybe we can wrap things up with this SB, leave a cliffhanger resolution, and then start a whole new SB that's just the second chapter of this one, or an Animorphers 2.0? All of the currently active writers would keep their characters, and then we can welcome on board several new orphan characters by new YWSers. We could probably have more than four, depending on how high the interest is.

That's a lot to think about, but I think it would be pretty cool. Animorphers has gotten a lot of publicity with the two-year best SB wins, so I'm sure there'd be a good number of people itching to join the second edition.

So yeah, that was me thinking out loud. xD
and do not be afraid.

440 Reviews

Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:30 am
Wolfi says...

Added bonus: we get badges for completing an SB :3
and do not be afraid.

45 Reviews

Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:26 am
View Likes
Europa says...

@Wolfical that's a good idea. I'm thinking if we did end up doing this, I'd save the whole thing with Soldier Riley for the next one. Since we just finished a pretty big action sequence with Jackson and the kidnapping, which also ended up giving a bit of closure on Gwen, as well as the Battle of the Bands being done and over, we could potentially end now with the rebels and Riley getting shot, then foreshadow the entrance of new characters with a post from Mr. Neil.

When Larry King retires in 120 years John Mulaney should replace him.
— The Internet