Young Writers Society

Pokébook: Hoenn [DT]

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:54 pm
Lumi says...

i'll grab citations when i have free time

as soon as Birch is in, we're likely ready to launch with a lead from Toby and Rafe. as such, it's time to make sure you folks know what the rule of No Backwards Writing actually means.

It's best explained by an example:
Backwards Writing, as Told By Beth and Tyler

Post A
Beth washed her hands. Beth tied her hair back into a ponytail. Beth got into her luxury Equinox and drove to the store to pick up a bottle of cooking cherry for dinner. Beth returned home and made dinner.

Post B
Tyler waited for Beth outside of the bathroom for her to finish getting ready. "The store will close soon!" he shouted through the wall. She stepped out and took the keys from him. They went to the store and made dinner. He didn't think there was enough garlic in the potatoes.

The backwards writing occurs when your entry into the story causes an overlap in timeline between two narrations. This rule throttles the chance of this cropping up, and it keeps my narratives clean and smooth. Posts will be rewritten if this rule is violated. In the example above, Post B should have begun during or after dinner. Simple as that.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

86 Reviews

Reviews: 86
Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:02 pm
reikann says...

(Yay a topic change)
When do we get the Feedpad, @Lumi?
Totally ready for this! Woo!

745 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:25 pm
Lumi says...

it won't be a single wfp

i mean, we can, but i don't see the exact need for it. all the same while writing this post i decided to make one (because the one i already have for this is full of huge spoilers)

http://lumi.writerfeedpad.com/66
-Shinji Moon

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:28 pm
Poopsie says...

guys i'm fooling myself. I'm overloaded with sbs as it is, and life is going to get a lot more hectic in about a week. I think i'm going to have to drop out.
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

745 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:00 pm
Lumi says...

h'alright. in that case, i need to do an analysis of our balaaaaance in gender, personality traits, and professional core.
-Shinji Moon

86 Reviews

Reviews: 86
Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:26 pm
reikann says...

@Poopsie, farewell! I'm sorry things are busy.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:03 pm
Lumi says...

okay, crew. we're locked in and launching as soon as Blooster and I can finish playing Exhaustion Patty-Cake.

I came to make another-nother-nother final note for what you should expect, which is that you're writing for the full cast--not just your one character. That's generally a thing that separates storybooks from RP in most cases, but we (more often than not) go a bit further.
-Shinji Moon

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:11 pm
sheysse says...

How are we supposed to write as the full cast if we don't know their character?

745 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:42 pm
Lumi says...

You do know the characters, both in-story and out. All profiles are readily visible on the thread. All our folks know one another (and if someone intended otherwise, we misunderstood because that was not our intention).
-Shinji Moon

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:22 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

*Oh, right, Character template for secondary character. Lemme do that, it's been planned yesterday, might as well write it down here*

EDIT: @Lumi Assuming that that secondary character place still holds, I just finished my character template and am awaiting that this "Create New Character" button appears to copy/paste it.
In case I'm too late, I can always save it for another PokéBook. I'm still stalking this place though :smt003
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:50 pm
Bloo says...

Sheyren wrote:How are we supposed to write as the full cast if we don't know their character?

@Sheyren To add to Lumi, it's also the main reason we include the Tropes in our profiles. For early on, when characters are still broadly defined, just following the trope page will keep most characters on the right path.

Plus it's still earl in the story, we all have room to breathe and don't need to worry about OOC behavior too much. Everyone's liable to change within the first few posts as we get into the writing grooves.

and @Tortwag with...Poopsie (I wanna say that was the username) stepping out, we do have a slot for a main cast if that floats your boat.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:18 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Bloo ...Hmm. Okay, I'll take it.
I'll warn everyone if I have to step down for whatever reason (since I can already tell that Game Design starting in one week will definitely get in the way, though technically it's not as bad as school as far as I can tell), but the Character Template's there, I'm interested, so let's give it a shot!
*ispumped*
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

745 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:59 pm
Lumi says...

Entry one is finiiiiished, and as soon as it's properly-coded, we're puking it into the thread.

Y'all wanna do a post order? I think we should do a post order.

1. @Bloo
2. @Caesar
3. @Lumi
4. @reikann
5. @Sheyren
6. @chibibo
7. @Tortwag (if applicable)

Bloo and I reserve the right to slip some Rafe or Toby in whenever needed to get a plot angled properly.
-Shinji Moon

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:11 pm
View Likes
Bloo says...

AND WE'RE OFF!
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

“Hope” is the thing with feathers - That perches in the soul - And sings the tune without the words - And never stops - at all -
— Emily Dickinson