z

Young Writers Society

Dear You.

362 Reviews

Reviews: 362
Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:07 am
wonderland says...

There can be no way in the known universe that you are two years younger then me, yet just a better writer.
It's true. This is funny, smart, yet clever and bitter, everything I can't write.
The emotion and description were spot on, and I found that it was an all over amazing peice
~WickedWonder
'We will never believe again, kick drum beating in my chest again, oh, we will never believe in anything again, preach electric to a microphone stand.'

*Formerly wickedwonder*

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:31 am
Snoink says...

Hi jas! :D

This was a really sweet story! Well... a letter, really, but it told a sweet story. It kind of reminded me of Taylor Swift's song, You Belong to Me... which is a pretty excellent song, lol. Anyway, just one grammar thing I noticed:

’Damn those Asian’s and their complicated utensils’.

It should be:

’Damn those Asians and their complicated utensils.'

Two changes here... take a look. ;)

Nice story!
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:47 pm
Jas says...

XDD Snoink, I'm pretty sure it's "You belong with me :)

Thanks WickedWonder and Snoink and every single other person for the reviews!! Your all awesome!!
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:41 pm
ballerina13 says...

Hello! This was very good. It was so sad and heartfelt. The emotion was dead on and the descpritions made me feel as if I was there. The others have already mentioned the grammar so I will skip over that.
The letter was so moving and powerful. It told a story without being a story. Great job.
You gave us an insight on how the character feels which hits home with a lot of people.( Considering the predicament.)
Nicely done.
~Ballerina
Got YWS?
"No one can arrive from being talented alone,work transform talent into genius" - Anna Pavlova

374 Reviews

Reviews: 374
Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:30 pm
BondGirl007 says...

Hey Jas! Sorry I'm a little late, but better late than never, right? So let’s jump into it!

I don’t even know why I bother to come any more. I’m like chopsticks to you, aren’t I? Use it once, play with it a little, then throw it away for the oh-so superior fork while thinking ’Damn those Asian’s and their complicated utensils’. And you know that’s exactly what you’d be thinking. You’re just sarcastic like that. See what you reduce me too? Nonsensical babbling about utensils.
This part I think really made the whole story to me. It gave the narrator humor and wittiness, as well as painting a great picture as to how she felt. Plus it made me laugh :) great way to start it out.

I swear your eyes were shining once she came in, she just brought in that light with her.
This seems a little awkward to read, try rewording the "once she came in" section. Since you use "in" a little close together.

I was forced to go and give her that stupid little kiss on the cheek and big I-saw-you-three-hours-ago-but-it-feels-like-forever hug. I wanted to be resentful towards her, but it’s just so damn hard because she’s my best friend and has she’s been there for me through a lot.
This gives me a sense of the character, which I like the way she's narrated, it's realistic and I'm sure a lot of people can relate to her.

Then of course, making me feel all third-wheelish, you started to kiss for about ten or so hours, completely forgetting the ‘Don’t make out while Christy is around’ rule. How rude.
I would use something a little different to make it more obvious that she's sarcastically exaggerating it.

That even though I was in love with you for three freaking years, she still got sether big forest green eyes set on you.

Overall I thought it was awesome. I love her realisticness, and the way she was portrayed. The only thing I had a problem with is that I was really surprised when you said she could drive :P. I assumed it was like a 13/14 year old, so maybe hint a little more at her age. Anyway, this is one of the best pieces I've read of yours, and I feel like I’ve watched you grow into this awesome writer, and I'm so proud *tears up*.

:D Awesome job.

~Hope
"I'd rather be hated for being who I am, then loved for who I'm not."

336 Reviews

Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:56 pm
Jas says...

Aw Hope! Your going to make me cry! :_) It's funny because you have seen me grow so much in my writing since I started YWS exactly a year ago today! Thanks for the review

~Jas
I am nothing

~*~

74 Reviews

Reviews: 74
Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:18 pm
JaneThermopolis says...

I can completely relate to this!!!!
Great job!!!!!!
-Jane
Apple of my soul,
Eats me whole,
Take one bite,
No delight,
Rotting hole.

Random avatar

Reviews: 10
Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:28 pm
HeatherCrawford says...

Thirteen years??? Man, you wrote a really profound story! It's funny, it's not like this is something that has never been written about before, but we like to read about it again and again because that sort of thing concerns us all in a way. I could really put myself in the place of the main character girl.
Thumbs up!

336 Reviews

Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:07 pm
Jas says...

Thanks for the reviews guys! I get the results from the contest next week! *crosses fingers*

~Jas
I am nothing

~*~

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:17 am
Rebz :) says...

Awful? Worst story? Honey, when you wrote that you MUST have been on something other than red bull. This is fantastic. You captured her fustration so well, it was like WOW. In fact, WOW is the only way I can describe it! The thing with chopsticks then getting a fork was so easy to relate to. I could feel the fustration coming at me through the screen.

This is a topic no one has touched before (that I've seen) and that is what makes people want to read it.

Again, fantastic! Please write more like it!

Rebz
Some Angels Are Destined To Fall.
Love Never Dies.

205 Reviews

Reviews: 205
Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:58 pm
Kagi says...

jasminebells wrote: So, I'm kind of hyped up on cough drops and Red Bull. I wrote this in a fit of spastic inspiration and don't be surprised if it makes the list for worst written stories in the universe. Grammar mistakes don't matter much to me, just what you thought overall of the story would be good. :)

EVIL LLAMA HYBRID MONKEYS.

Btw, the 12+ if for slight cursing.

Dear You,

She looks like a princess tonight. You know it. I know it. Everyone in this god-damned universe knows it.

I don’t even know why I bother to come any more. I’m like chopsticks to you, aren’t I? Use it once, play with it a little, then throw it away for the oh-so superior fork while thinking ’Damn those Asian’s and their complicated utensils’. And you know that’s exactly what you’d be thinking. You’re just sarcastic like that. See what you reduce me too? Nonsensical babbling about utensils.

I swear your eyes were shining once she came in, she just brought in that light with her. I was forced to go and give her that stupid little kiss on the cheek and big I-saw-you-three-hours-ago-but-it-feels-like-forever hug. I wanted to be resentful towards her, but it’s just so damn hard because she’s my best friend and has been there for me through a lot. Then of course, making me feel all third-wheelish, you started to kiss for about ten or so hours, completely forgetting the ‘Don’t make out while Christy is around’ rule. How rude.

Anyway, I played chauffeur while you guys laughed at some inside joke in the back, we got to the movies on time and everything was just awesome. You paid for popcorn and soda and remembered that I wanted Dr. Pepper mixed with Cherry Coke, even though you forgot about her soda combinations (Sunkist with Diet Pepsi and a shot of red Hi-Ci). We all sat together with you in the middle and instead of watching Jackie Chan kick ass, I watched as you put your arms around her and both of you just looked at each other the whole time. You whispered your love and my cheesy romance hating brain barfed while my love deprived heart swooned. I slid as far away from you as I could and tried to focus on the movie.

Half way through, she needed to go to the bathroom and dragged me with her, forcing me to listen to her pee and talk about how great you are and how you volunteer with disabled children and how you‘re getting on the Deans Honor Roll list for the highest Senior GPA and the rest of her babbling. Of course, I already knew this stuff so I just zoned her out and imagined I had stayed with you instead of gone to the bathroom and we talked like we used to before you two broke the best friends rule and started to date.

It sucks, doesn’t it? Because she knew about everything and still went after you. That even though I was in love with you for three freaking years, she still got her big forest green eyes set on you. She was never very trustworthy but I still trusted her with my secrets. And that left me as the quiet best friend of this pathetic play, while you played the handsome but humble male lead and her, obviously as the beautiful seductress. It sucks because you’re still so clueless, still so freaking oblivious to everything. We always joked how she was the female Harry Potter, gorgeous, smart, funny with an exciting past, while I’m the female Ron Weasley, the poor, clumsy red-head, who was always sidekick except I had the brain that sad, little Ron lacked. Now it’s true, because I guess in retrospect, you’re the male Ginny and I’m just a sibling to you. Just a sister, someone to joke with and ask girl advice, no one to ever look at in any other way because that would just seem like incest.

It sucks because I know you like me too, even if you won’t admit it. In the deepest part of your heart, you know it’s true but you’re with her so it’s shameful to think about.

It sucks because even though I swore I was over you, I know I’m not.

And I know I won’t ever be.

Respectfully,

Sincerely,

Love,

-Me

Wow.

Well someones speechless.

Maybe that persons me..
OK YAH ITS ME! This is just amazing.
I'm the kind of person that when I see
" I wrote this on the spur of the moment and I know its crap I just wanted your opinon.." I immediatly log off and vow never to read it. I hate it when people do it because its practically spelling out-I think my stories freaking brilliant!! READ ME! So yeah you can guess when I read your story..
Yeah..
I wasn't going to read it.

But then i did.
And I vowed id never turn away from a story again. I learned that if id have turned away I would have missed the most amazing piece of literature written in mankind.
Ok not that amazing but wow your pretty close man. Dude. dudette...
I really enjoyed it. It was fun,energetic lively and easy to relate to! I mean every freaking person loves their oppisite gender best friends. Except me of course. :D
I ramble abit. But hey! Ramblers are very well respected where I come from!
Teehee hee..
No really. Your writing is prettttttttyyy good!!!
I liked it. I like the guy who is inlove with the gal.
Mmm...
Well written!!
Yours..
Kaka x
PM if i helped
Got YWS?

If, when you mean to type yes you type yws, you know you belong. :P

336 Reviews

Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:18 am
Jas says...

Lol, thanks Kaka! The truth is I did literally write it on th spur of the moment. I saw this newspaper ad thingy to win 50 bucks if you write a story about a common cliche and make it different. I don't know if I did but I tried. About 10 minutes after I finished it I put it up on YWS which is waaaaaay different from what I normally do. After I finish the work, I leave it on my computer to ripen a bit, then I come back and fix grammar and spelling, then I leave it for a couple of weeks, then I read it over and fix plot holes and such, have a close friend read it then post it. :) I actually have 3 works in the ripening stage, two I'm fixing the spelling and grammar with right now and 1 I'm re-writing with different plot twists and my friend has like 6 pieces that I emailed to her last night. :) The problem is most of this stuff never ends up on YWS cus' my friend who is the daughter of a published Times Best Selling List or whatever it's called, author and she's really straight up and tells me when it sucks. :D

~Jas
I am nothing

~*~

336 Reviews

Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:20 am
View Likes
Jas says...

Awwww Rebz!! You are awesome! :)
I am nothing

~*~

88 Reviews

Reviews: 88
Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:26 pm
View Likes
lovethelifeulive says...

Hey!
I really liked this...and I mean a lot.
I loved how you did the chop stick analogy and the Harry Potter analogy too! It was really creative and I admire you for that.
I hope to read more like this from you!
Thank you for posting it!
Again, I loved it... a lot!
If you prick us, shall we not bleed?
If you tickle us, shall we not laugh?
If you poison us, shall we not die?
If you wrong us, shall we not revenge?
The Merchants of Venice-Shakespear
Love the life u live,
and live the life u love

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:52 pm
View Likes
ASH1397 says...

Worst written story???!!??!?!??!!! I BEG TO DIFFER!!
This was wonderfully written and really had true meaning to it: the grammar shouldn't matter to a true writer: just to object of getting feeling to paper (or in this case, screen of your computer.) It really seemed like it meant something. I like how You had the labels at the end crossed out then you just put
-Me.. so sadly adorable...
You should be proud of this piece. :) I majorly like it. (worry about grammar and such when you are Red bull sober..haha) :)

-----your friendly neighborhood
ASH1397 :)
And just when the caterpillar thought her life was over, she turned into a beautiful butterfly.

The emperor is rich, but he can't buy another day.
— Chinese Proverb