z

Young Writers Society

Wake me when September ends

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:35 am
Firestarter says...

Yeh, Terrwyn, I shamelessly ripped of Green Day.

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:50 am
Crysi says...

Wow.. I LOVED the scenery changes! Reminded me that I need to show changes of season in my own story.. It was beautifully written, anyway. Not concentrating on the relationship as much as the mental breakdown of one who has lost his love. Excellent work..
Love and Light

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:03 pm
Firestarter says...

Wow, Crysi commented on something of mine...Thanks!

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:57 am
zelithon says...

I lke the title. 8)

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:22 pm
Skye says...

Wow. Definitely a very pretty piece. Now, there were some things you weren't sure about ...

I don’t think my heart can take much more beating from me remembering the amazing times we shared, sorry.

I think the "sorry" at the end is the thing that keeps throwing me off, but now that I really look at it, the wording is kind of clunky. How about something like, "My heart beats too fast and too hard to even remember the times we shared together." That's not a whole lot better, but I'm positive you are capable enough to work this out.

I was left to salvage the remaining of my life

Remainder? (Sorry, just a little nit-pick)

How can it give and take so easily, without thought or feeling, without ever noticing that its boundless power can have consequences.

I absolutely loooooove this line, by the way. ^.^

The indifferent people move like blurs. I don’t care if they don’t care. I’m safe in my own insecurity, as their faces glance up and down, shocked, perhaps even appalled.

First you say they are indifferent, but I know *I* wouldn't be indifferent if I saw a naked man walking down the street! I would be as you described in the third sentence, shocked. I don't know, just a bit of conflicting emotion I caught on the second time around. And, if this counts for anything, I do disagree with your English teacher on the naked issue; I'm curious, on what grounds did she not like it? Did she say?

Wow, long post! :shock: I really do love this, though; it's very relatable and accessable, not to mention absolutely gorgeous. I hope you will write more! ^.^
"A poet in love is best encouraged in both capacities or neither." ~ Jane Austen, Emma.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Dec 09, 2005 10:46 pm
Firestarter says...

Woah, talk about brining up dead topics ... I think this was the first piece I posted on the site!

Anyway, thanks Zel and Skye.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:56 pm
Skye says...

*glances at dates* Woah! Oops! :oops: Oh well, it doesn't make it any less good. ^,^
"A poet in love is best encouraged in both capacities or neither." ~ Jane Austen, Emma.

80 Reviews

Reviews: 80
Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:11 am
ladydark says...

haha... yesh... much old, but sometimes the olders are the more classic. The beginning when things are new, uncertain and cautious. But that is a good story... despite the late date.
Lady
“I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.”

"Foul devil, for God's sake, hence, and trouble us not;
For thou hast made the happy earth thy hell,
Fill'd it with cursing cries and deep exclaims." (Richard III 1.2) Shakespeare

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:28 am
Snoink says...

Ha! I'm reading a necromanced topic! *does a dance*

No, but seriously, the description is pretty at times, but sometimes it's overwhelmingly beautiful and it makes me want to reach out and give you a big hug because it's so freaking awesome and...

Why did you stop doing prose again?
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Dec 16, 2005 3:23 pm
Firestarter says...

This is the first thing I posted on YWS! hah.

Thanks Snoink ... I've never really stopped doing prose, for some reason I just find poetry more fulfilling and less effort (lol).
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:37 pm
Snoink says...

True... when school time comes, I tend to write very quick poems and barely write any stories. :P But still! This was pretty.

So these were the good ol' days of YWS, huh?
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:41 pm
Firestarter says...

Oh yes. So long ago ... I used to write so many things back then! Now I'm lazy and lucky to produce one thing in a couple of months.

Alas, I never have any time for prose ... schoolwork, girlfriend and friends kinda screws with my writing timetable so ... yeh. *Jack dreams of the days when he had no life*

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:49 am
Crysi says...

*laughs* Too bad you erased your blog... Do you know how many times you complained about not having a life? :lol: That's brilliant.

Anyway, I remember I really liked this piece. You sounded so... in awe of my commenting, lol! That really makes me laugh.
Love and Light

137 Reviews

Reviews: 137
Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:53 pm
DarkerSarah says...

Wow, Jack, I'm really impressed! Especially if this was the first one you posted on the site. He. Even though gacking ideas from songs is a little cheesy, you pulled it off in a not so cheesy way. Time moves effortlessly, and I really appreciate that, because I have problem with it myself. I'm glad this was brought back up!

-Sarah
"And I am a writer
writer of fiction
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones...
Let me go if you don't love me" ~The Decembrists "Engine Driver"

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:11 pm
Elizabeth says...

Wow, I remember skimming through this about one year ago and not knowing how to post. I can easily say this is very beautiful, it's unfair that you have talent and I don't :P

Oh well, I am far too busy to give a good critique but I really did love it. (Works and comments at the same time)

Don't sit down and write because you're a writer; sit down and write because you have something to say. And if the sea of ideas isn't flowing, well, just tell me about your day.
— OrabellaAvenue