z

Young Writers Society

A Game of Worlds and Chaos

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:32 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Neptune nodded, drawing his cane closer to himself.

Red broke through the treeline. It was an English guard with a tall felt hat and a sword hanging on his hip. "Hey! What are you doing out here?" He froze. "Bloody hell. We found an Ukayan, men." He drew his sword. "And we're taking it in, dead or alive."
She/They/Fae

“the wist i knew would never allow a straight boy in their stories” ~Omni
“Hi Omni can I request wist get the role mom friend :]" ~winter
“ah yes, fear Wist's smile :) <- speaks of layers and layers of secrets” ~mint

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:40 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Spoiler! :
Name: Dakota Landsing
Pronouns: they/them
Appearance: Tall (around 6'4"), short black hair, always looks professional. Dakota has clear brown eyes that seem to pierce right through your secrets. They can seem intimidating when they just have a neutral expression, but they usually make their best effort to smile and look friendlier. Dakota always wears a fancy silver watch that they claim is a family heirloom, and they prefer to dress in suits and loafers.
Personality: Confident, charismatic, optimistic. Tries their best to be welcoming, and is a pro at networking with people. Has a great memory for faces and names.
Strengths: Outgoing, enjoys talking to people, good at motivating their employees. Dakota is experienced at finding problems and solving them, as well as delegating tasks and keeping things organized.
Weaknesses: Enjoys luxury a bit too much... always has to have the latest fashion. Dakota also doesn't deal well with dirt or messy places, and they keep hand sanitizer on them at all times. They don't enjoy physical contact much and can be reserved about their life outside of work.
Background: Dakota grew up in a life of luxury, but after their father risked most of the family's fortune on a bad investment, they were suddenly plunged into a life of hardship. From the age of seven, Dakota lived in a house where the adults were nearly always fighting over money, and where their siblings worked as soon as they were able. To this day, mold and raised voices make Dakota wince and go quiet for a time. They resolved to never lack money again, and they set their sights on the position they thought offered the most potential for a better life: CEO.
Dakota studied as much as they could in school while working a part-time job at a taco shop. They showed a good mind for both numbers and dealing with people, and rose to assistant manager at the shop by the end of high school. Soon enough, though, they left their hometown behind and majored in Business Administration and Management at Harvard. Once they got their degree, they didn't look back.

Dakota

Dakota was on the verge of screaming, except their voice wouldn't work. There was dirt and mud and Dakota didn't even want to think about what had just crawled over their face and-- Calm down, Dakota. You're an adult now. A little dirt isn't the end of the world, right?

Slowly, Dakota picked themself up. They brushed off their face and clothes as best they could, then took out a bottle of hand sanitizer from their pocket and rubbed their hands with it. It wasn't the best, but it would do. Dakota took a deep breath, then turned around, trying to take in their surroundings. When they'd made about half a circle, they froze. "Who are you?"
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

31 Reviews

Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:47 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Spoiler! :
Name: Artemis Bravo Sandoval
Pronouns: She/her
Appearance: https://picrew.me/shareImg/org/202208/1 ... ot7cDe.png Important notes: Homegirl has long teeth because she has wolf teeth and yellow eyes that reflect a fiery white at night.
Personality: Artemis is a bubbly, cheerful gal with a deep love for nature (especially birds) and an unhealthy tendency to bury their emotions. She has a strong sense of honour, and once her eyes set on something, it's almost impossible to talk her down.
Background: Artemis grew up in Mexico until she was nine when her mother and young sister fled with her to England. There, she lived in the town of bear igni until she was seventeen. At that point, the English attacked, did some things, and Artemis fled into the city of London, where she got stuck in a bear trap, broke her leg, and was saved by Estella Fay. She then lived with Estella Fay for two years before Malvis broke in and everything happened.

Artemis groaned, shaking her head vigorously like a dog. She blinked, taking in the familiar sights and sounds of the forest. Her eyes landed on the newcomer, narrowing slightly. "You're not from around here." She stood up, not bothering to brush off the first that covered her front. "Your clothes are straight from the Street of Kings. What are you doing in the forest?"
She/They/Fae

245 Reviews

Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:51 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Dakota blinked. The person in front of them looked like they belonged in the forest, completely unlike Dakota. Dakota adjusted their suit and stepped back a little. "Hello there! I'm afraid I haven't heard of the Street of Kings, but you are correct-- I am most definitely not from around here. Could you please point me in the direction of the nearest road?" Dakota smiled politely.
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

31 Reviews

Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:54 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Artemis grinned, showing off her long and very sharp canines. "Sure! It's about a day's walk that way." She pointed to the east. "Are you from Portsmouth, then? Every London native has heard of the Street of Kings."
She/They/Fae

245 Reviews

Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:58 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Dakota tried not to react to the person's sharp canines. Perhaps it was a new style or something. Who were they to judge?

"I... am actually from America." Dakota frowned. How did they end up in England, of all places? Had they been kidnapped? They patted down their pockets, then took out their smartphone. Perhaps they could call someone.
mint, she/her

=D

31 Reviews

Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:00 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

"America?" Artemis shrugged. "I should've guessed because of the accent. I'm Mexican myself." Her lisp seemed to be highlighted by her long teeth almost. She cocked her head to the side. "What's that in your hand? I've never seen one of those before."
She/They/Fae

245 Reviews

Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:06 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Dakota stared at the person. "It's a smartphone. Not to be rude, but have you grown up in the wilderness or something? Nowadays, pretty much everyone has one." They held up the phone and frowned. "No signal. Well, we are in the middle of a forest."
mint, she/her

=D

31 Reviews

Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:18 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Artemis furrowed her eyebrows. "I mean, yes, I did. But none of my friends who grew up in London has one of those. Are you sure that's not an American thing? It's so flat. What would it even do?"

She eyed it cautiously as if it were a weapon of some kind.
She/They/Fae

245 Reviews

Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:23 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

That was odd. Well, perhaps they were all just sheltered. "It's a worldwide thing. As for what it can do, well, tons of things! There are apps, games, et cetera. It can take pictures too. Look!" Dakota pointed the camera at a bird in the treetops and took a photo. They held out the phone, displaying the photo.
mint, she/her

=D

31 Reviews

Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:26 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Artemis yelped. "It's in colour!" She shook her head. "When was it made? How does the Prime Minister not have one of these yet?"

She chewed on one of her nails. "That's impío."
She/They/Fae

245 Reviews

Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:31 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

"Unholy? No, it's just technology." Dakota smiled. "This model just came out last year, so, 2021?" Dakota walked a few steps eastward, then gave up on finding service and pocketed the phone. "Well. I think I'll travel to London, if you'd like to join me."
mint, she/her

=D

31 Reviews

Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:36 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Artemis froze. "¿Qué? No, no. ¿El año 2021?" She took a deep breath. "This better be a sick joke because we both know damn well it's 1838. Did you steal it from the Ukayan reservation? If you did, I'm not angry, but I do want to know how you managed to sneak past the barricade."
She/They/Fae

245 Reviews

Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:40 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Dakota raised an eyebrow. "1838? You're kidding. And I have no idea what this 'Ukayan reservation' you're talking about is." Dakota backed away. Perhaps it would be better to walk to the city alone. "Alright. It was nice to meet you, but I think I'll head off now."
mint, she/her

=D

31 Reviews

Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:43 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Artemis sighed. "You've never heard of Ukayans? Blue or teal skin? From another world?" She winced. "Oh, don't tell me you call them the other word because I will scream."

She sat on a tree branch. "Actually, have you heard of anyone of us? Alis, subterras, igni?"
She/They/Fae

I should infinitely prefer a book.
— Mary Bennet, Pride and Prejudice