z

Young Writers Society

A Game of Worlds and Chaos

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:51 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

"No, I can't say any of those ring a bell." Dakota kept walking backwards. "I'm afraid I-- ahh!" The world blurred around them, and when they stopped moving, everything was upside-down. Dakota's eyes were wide in shock as they looked through the holes in a... rope net? at the green-haired person down below. "What just happened?"
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:54 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Artemis yelped. "¡Mierda! That's a mercenary trap. They're hunting igni right now. Hold on." Artemis reached behind her back and drew her spear. "I'll get you down."
She/They/Fae

“the wist i knew would never allow a straight boy in their stories” ~Omni
“Hi Omni can I request wist get the role mom friend :]" ~winter
“ah yes, fear Wist's smile :) <- speaks of layers and layers of secrets” ~mint

245 Reviews

Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:57 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

"Ah!" Dakota tried not to move. "Please be careful. I would very much appreciate it if I could get down with all my limbs intact."
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

31 Reviews

Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:59 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Artemis nodded. "I made this spear myself; I know how to use it." She gripped the spearhead tightly in one hand, the edges biting into her fingers, and carefully sawed at the ropes.
She/They/Fae

245 Reviews

Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:02 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

"Oh, that's impressive!" Dakota grimaced as the net tilted slightly to the right. "I knew this bow-maker once, and... oh, sorry, is my talking distracting you?"
mint, she/her

=D

31 Reviews

Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:08 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Artemis shook her head. "Not at all. It reminds me of my best friend, Estella Fay. She talks very fast when she's nervous. Mindless stuff, mostly, but it's comforting." A small bead of blood dripped from her hand, but she ignored it and kept working at the rope.
She/They/Fae

245 Reviews

Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:17 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

"That's good. Wait, is that blood on your hand?" Dakota tried to lean forward to see better. "Are you injured?"

Suddenly, a voice rang out from somewhere in front of Dakota, and they swung backwards in surprise. "Well, well, well. What have we here?" An upside-down figure approached, and Dakota gulped. "A rich person and an igni, eh?"
mint, she/her

=D

31 Reviews

Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:24 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Artemis paled and turned around, brandishing her spear. "Yeah? What's it to you? You're the ones that trapped her. I'm letting her go."

One of the mercs stepped forward, pulling out a gun. "Yeah? And what if we don't want you to go?" He cupped Artemis's chin, a sadistic hunger in his eyes. "Stick around, be a nice girl for us."

Artemis snarled.
She/They/Fae

245 Reviews

Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:21 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

"Hey, back off!" Dakota tried to look intimidating, which was rather difficult when they were swinging from the trees in a rope net, their suit now wrinkled and dirtied. But still, they tried. "You could get sued for touching her like that. And I know a few good lawyers, so." Dakota glared at the mercenaries.
mint, she/her

=D

31 Reviews

Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:00 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

The mercenary laughed, letting go of Artemis’s face. “This isn’t America, madam. No one you know can save you. It would take you three months to even send a letter, and you’ll be long gone by then.”

Artemis lunged, stabbing the first mercenary with her spear, puncturing his back.
She/They/Fae

245 Reviews

Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:19 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Dakota frowned. "I actually identify as nonbinary, so-- Wait. Three months?"

A different mercenary swung at Artemis, who ducked. She jabbed him in the stomach with her spear.

"No no no, this is all wrong. Is this an elaborate historical re-enaction with a dash of sci-fi or something?"

A mercenary glared at them and said, "Stop your jabbering, or we'll knock you out too." Then he and a couple of others launched themselves at Artemis at the same time. She growled and fought back. Dakota watched with wide eyes as a merc staggered backwards, clutching his arm, but eventually, Artemis disappeared under a pile of waving fists.

Dakota gulped and tried to curl up tighter in the net. They rubbed their watch anxiously. Okay, this was bad. Really bad.
mint, she/her

=D

31 Reviews

Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:37 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Spoiler! :
Name: Heliodor Everett "Hev" Lee
Pronouns: He/him
Appearance: https://picrew.me/shareImg/org/202208/1 ... rhoyda.png
Personality: Hev is currently in a very awkward place personality-wise. He's mostly his old, neutral self, where he struggles with expressing his feelings and speaking up for himself. He's mostly quiet, timid, and tends to take punishment without batting a single eyelash. But, he's learning, so occasionally, with minimal warning, he remembers to express emotions and does it very loudly and dramatically. It never feels genuine, though.
Background: Hev's father was a Lord for Prime Minister William Hawthorne and taught him that his only worth as an Alis Lord was to sit still, smile pretty for the PM, and do everything he said. As a young boy, Hev's father often resorted to extreme punishment that left him numerous physical and mental scars. As an adult, he became a Lord for Prime Minister Victor Harris, where he served in the House of Lords until betraying him after meeting an alis named Estella Fay and joining the revolution.

Hev popped into existence into what looked like an indoor garden. Many Ladys he met in the past funded expansive greenhouses filled with flowers, but he didn't have time to enjoy the greenery before his legs betrayed him and sent him stumbling toward the floor. He yelped as his hands cut through a strange film and his face quickly approached a pretty blue flower pot.
She/They/Fae

245 Reviews

Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:31 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Spoiler! :
Name: William (Will) Greyn
Pronouns: he/him
Appearance: Messy black hair, watery blue eyes, generally has kind of a quizzical expression. Slouches. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... G_5074.png
Personality: A bit awkward and clumsy (do not trust him with a sword), but honest and genuinely kind.
Background: His father, Benjamin Greyn, was like the Harry Potter of this world. Unfortunately, he died when William was one year old. Since then, Will's mother has been taking care of him, and he's lived a fairly quiet life, despite always being under his father's shadow.
Other: Buildings talk to him. It can be quite annoying sometimes, especially since all his house does is ask him to clean out the gutters. -_-

Will

Will had been casually pruning the tomato plants when there was suddenly a strangled yelp behind him. As far as he could remember, none of the plants talked, and the teacher had left for a few minutes to get a cup of coffee, so... "Who's there?" he called out. Will swiveled around.

It was a person.

"Nooooo, don't touch that!" Will dropped the shears and darted over to the guy, who was about to fall face-first into the poisonous bulberries. Will nearly tripped over his own feet, but he managed to pull the person away from the yellow plant just in time. Will sighed in relief. "Who are you? You're not supposed to be here. You could've gotten seriously injured! Wait, you're super light. Have you been eating enough?"
Last edited by Spearmint on Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mint, she/her

=D

31 Reviews

Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:38 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Hev barely found his footing, holding on to the person's shoulder for support. "I don't mean to impose on your-" He looked around. "-gardening. I have no idea how I got here."

He let go of Will's shoulder and stretched out his wings, carefully avoiding the plants. The light from the windows made his wings seem to almost glow, like an angry campfire. "I'm Lord Hel-" He paused, his eyebrows pinching inward ever so slightly. "I'm Heliodor Everett, but you may call me Hev."
She/They/Fae

245 Reviews

Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:42 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Will's mouth made a perfect "o." "You... you have wings." Will stared at said wings, then shook himself. "Okay, you've got to leave. Clearly you're not a student here, so I'll just point you in the direction of the exit, and then I can get back to helping Mr. Mulberry with the plants."

Will started heading towards the door of the greenhouse. "You coming?"
mint, she/her

=D

You'd better wise up, Pony... you get tough like me and you don't get hurt. You look out for yourself and nothing can touch you, man.
— Dallas Winston, The Outsiders