Cuckoos and Chalk Marks

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:15 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

My smirk grew.

"Then I would have liked to meet her even more," I said. "Those are the best kind of people to mess with."
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:20 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Quite so!" Sorenson chuckled, then glanced at his breath spear. "I suppose I probably shouldn't do this, eh? Not very safe."
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

Formerly RavenLord; GrandWild
she/her

590 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Mar 11, 2022 1:41 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

My smirk faltered.

The euphoria I had been feeling when bantering with Sorenson started to fade as the rest of this place came back into focus around me. We were still surrounded by dangerous mirrors. They might not have done exactly what Bickerstaff's did, but it was clear that they had some kind of power.

"You shouldn't," I agreed.
mage

queer and here.

115 Reviews

Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:33 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Right, then." The spear dissipated immediately, hovering as warm vapor for a moment before vanishing. "To the other side we go--the other side of the room, that is."
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

she/her

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:44 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I nodded.

Keeping my head down and staying uncharacteristically silent, I led Sorenson to the other end of the room. The room and the mirrors seemed to stretch on for an eternity. While I was sure the earlier endless hallway had actually been endless, this had to be more psychological.
mage

queer and here.

115 Reviews

Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:55 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

Sorenson, however, gazed around at each mirror as they passed in curiosity. "Where do you suppose the other door leads?' he asked.

she/her

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:23 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
that moment when sorenson asks the same question this duo's writers are probably asking. :P

do you have a specific thing you want on the other side of the door? i'm cool with whatever you want to do. :) we could make it some kind of challenge or another endless corridor, but it might be fun changing it up a bit.

also, i love how sorenson did the thing skull said not to do :P

I shrugged.

"I don't know," I said. I kept my eyes on the ground ahead of me. "Maybe it leads to another endless hallway or another room of mirrors. This place doesn't make any sense. It probably changes all the time."
mage

queer and here.

115 Reviews

Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:56 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(I like the idea of a challenge!)

"Magic mazes do tend to do that," Sorenson chuckled. "Perhaps we'll be in a place with open sky next! Or at the very least a skylight or high ceilings."

she/her

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:23 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
Great! Now we just have to figure out what it is. :P Should we gear it to one character, or have it work for both Sorenson and Skull? I'm cool with either one, but I'd need to think for a bit to figure out what a good challenge for Skull alone would be.

I gave a tiny smile at the thought. I wasn't like spirits; the sky didn't remind me of the Other Side. If anything, it was the opposite of that place between life and death.

But a clear sky and a warm day had always felt nice when I lived on the streets, so a little bit of fond nostalgia had carried over into my afterlife.

"That would be nice," I said.
mage

queer and here.

115 Reviews

Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:25 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(Let's gear it to both so they can both show off their skills)

"Just imagine," Sorenson sighed wistfully. "The sun on your face, clouds passing, the wind whipping in your hair!"

she/her

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:05 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
Okay! For Skull, a good challenge might involve him getting creative with his possessions or changing the temperature like he's already been doing. He could also do something more geared to street smarts, since he spent a good chunk of his childhood out on the streets.

I snorted.

"That's a little too pleasant for me," I said. I stretched, trying to shake off my remaining unease. "I'd just like to feel the sun and not feel like I'm sweating to death."
mage

queer and here.

115 Reviews

Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:36 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(A good challenge for Sorenson would involve something to do with air or lightning, since he's a sky-oriented sorcerer. He might be good with temperature changes since that makes it easier to grab air when it's visible.)

"Fair enough, fair enough." He shrugged. "I suppose we'll find out what's behind the door in a moment."

she/her

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:42 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
Oooh that gives me an idea! Maybe they have to cross a giant pit? They can use Skull's temperature changes to make the air colder, and then Sorenson can grab onto the air or manipulate it into something they can use to cross the pit. And we can make it so they can't return to the mirror hall by having the door disappear behind them.

After that, we could figure out how to have Skull accidentally possess Sorenson or something else. :P One of my favorite gags is him possessing someone/thing and just dragging around his actual body over his shoulders, so that might be a fun thing to do.
mage

queer and here.

115 Reviews

Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:10 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

(I like the first idea a lot, but I think we gotta he careful with possession. It would be funny but my character would then lose a lot of his agency)

she/her

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:56 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Spoiler! :
That's understandable! It's really hard striking a balance with it. In the past, I've only done it for a post/reply or two to avoid that loss of agency. But I think it would be more fun in this one to have him possess something totally different—he's possessed things like mannequins before, so maybe he could do something inanimate like that here? My brain is thinking suits of armor for some reason, but maybe that's just because I'm back on the Fullmetal Alchemist brain rot. :P
mage

queer and here.

The quote generator! That's a genius idea.
— Necromancer14