z

Young Writers Society

A Game of Worlds and Chaos

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:59 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Professor Haagen shook Hev's hand cautiously, then raised an eyebrow. "Professor Lee, eh? I don't recall being notified of your arrival. What subject will you be teaching?"

Will, who had just managed to stand up, felt like he was going to trip again. He glanced frantically at Hev. "Uhh... weapon theory!" Immediately Will grimaced. Why did he say that?

"Weapon... theory." Professor Haagen looked utterly unconvinced.
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:03 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Hev nodded. "Yes, good sir. Weapon theory and history. My father was an avid lover of guns. And some things you just-" Something behind his expression broke, revealing a deep, endless sea of something bitter enough to be pain and dark enough to be grief. "-never forget."

He shook his head.

"Never mind that. I am thrilled to work with you at such an exquisite establishment."
She/They/Fae

“the wist i knew would never allow a straight boy in their stories” ~Omni
“Hi Omni can I request wist get the role mom friend :]" ~winter
“ah yes, fear Wist's smile :) <- speaks of layers and layers of secrets” ~mint

245 Reviews

Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:06 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

In the matter of a few seconds, Professor Haagen had pushed Will behind him and pulled out a revolver pointed at Hev. His voice turned sharp. "Prove that you are who you say you are. What is the name of our school? Our headmistress?"
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

31 Reviews

Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:12 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Hev cocked his head to the side. "Are you threatening me with a French Lefaucheux 20-Round?" He shook his head. "I really don't appreciate that. Could you please put it down?"
She/They/Fae

245 Reviews

Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:18 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Professor Haagen blinked, but his arm didn't waver. Suddenly, he grinned. "Ah, so you do know your stuff. And yet, I am not convinced that you belong to this school. So how about this? I shall challenge you to a duel."

"Wait wait wait!" Will blurted out. "Hev just got lost, and I'm sure he didn't mean any harm, so you really don't need to duel--"

Professor Haagen ignored him and started pacing around Hev.
mint, she/her

=D

31 Reviews

Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:20 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Hev sighed. Did all American teachers challenge each other to duels, or was this a very odd circumstance? "Fine, good sir. I accept your challenge."

Professor Haagen grinned and fired his revolver into the air. "Let's go, then."
She/They/Fae

245 Reviews

Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:56 pm
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Spoiler! :
Name: Prehnite (Pren) Filosil
Pronouns: he/him
Appearance: Pale green hair, medium green eyes, slightly shorter than average. Pren often dresses rather sloppily. https://picrew.me/shareImg/org/202207/4 ... 0gsEAx.png
Personality: Pren is outgoing, definitely the type to just walk up to a stranger and say, “Hey, how ya doing?” as if they’ve known each other for years. This comes in quite handy whenever he wants to get away with things like taking advantage of a friend-of-the-owner discount.
Background: Pren’s family used to have a bit of a nomadic lifestyle, but recently, they’ve settled down. Pren is close with his twin sister, Epidote. Close to the point of clinginess,,,
Other: Pren can draw the future. Unfortunately, his drawing skills are terrible.

Pren

Pren had no idea where he was, but it looked absolutely epic! "Oh my gosh! This is a floating bridge? So. Cool." He glanced around for someone to share this discovery with.

"Oh, hello there! You have four arms? Neat. Did you see the view?" Pren grinned at the person next to him.
mint, she/her

=D

31 Reviews

Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:20 pm
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Spoiler! :
Name: Ki
Pronouns: They/them
Appearance: https://picrew.me/shareImg/org/202208/1 ... Q5jlng.png They have two swords strapped to their back and four arms.
Personality: Ki is used to ruthless efficiency. He rarely speaks, especially when threatened, and usually has an angry demeanor. Recently, they just became a wanted criminal, so they're feeling really anxious right now. But, they're used to keeping their anxiety in a neat little bundle in the corner of their soul where it can't affect them.
Background: Ki grew up in the British Underground until his parents pressured them to join the Young Subterras for England. There, they were trained how to walk away from their subterran ways, and embrace manhood. They started working as a minor guard under Prime Minister William Hawthorne until they were promoted to the Anti-Revolutionary Service. There, they were essentially a glorified assassin until witnessing the brutal torture of Saturn, a Ukayan revolutionary. Years of betraying their own kind finally caught up to him, and they rescued Saturn, losing the government's favor and becoming a wanted fugitive.

Subterras had very few natural enemies. Blades and teeth couldn’t puncture their skin, heat couldn’t affect them in a thousand years. While most knew that water would instantly kill them, there was another, yet much less deadly, enemy that kept every subterra on their toes.

Heights. Almost every subterra in existence hated heights.

“Did you see the view?”

Ki cautiously turned around, almost too terrified to take a single step. The bridge was glass. Right below them was a lake glittering with murderous intent and all around them was open sky. They swallowed, squaring their shoulders, and nodded once. How did I get here? Where did I get? Just a second ago their feet was on blessed solid ground, not an a thin sheet of glass a deathly fall away from the earth.
She/They/Fae

245 Reviews

Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:33 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Pren smiled at Ki's nod and kept babbling. "I have no idea how I got here, but I love all these buildings. Look at that pencil-shaped one! And that cool old brick one! I wish Epidote were here to see this." His face flickered into a frown for a second, but then he brightened up again.

"Say, you don't talk much, do you? No worries. People tell me I talk enough for ten people. But I am curious. Are you an alien or something? Or are those fake arms? And how about that grayish skin?" Pren peered at Ki.
mint, she/her

=D

31 Reviews

Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:41 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Ki shook their head. “Ukayans are the aliens.”

They needed to find a way down, or a reason why they suddenly found themself on a glass bridge above a broken castle. But every time they spotted the ground or the sky right next to them they heart pounded so loudly it made it impossible to think. “I’m a subterra.”
She/They/Fae

245 Reviews

Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:06 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

"A subterra. Subteeerrrrraaa." Pren rolled the word around his mouth. "Cool!" He stared at Ki for a moment. "Hey, are you okay? You keep looking down and then freezing up." A light breeze drifted over the two, and Pren shifted from foot to foot.
mint, she/her

=D

31 Reviews

Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:12 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Ki clenched their fists, barely avoiding drawing one of their swords. “I’m fine.” That made nine words that he had spoken thus far. That number left a bitter tinge in their mouth.

They tried to step forward, but the glass groaned with any movement. Ki felt ill, like they got caught in a rainstorm and didn’t have a hat.
She/They/Fae

245 Reviews

Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:19 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

"Woah." Pren shifted backwards. Was that a hairline crack right next to Ki? Nah, it must've been his imagination.

"You're fine, you say? Well, there was this acronym of 'fine' I heard once. It went something like, 'freaked out, insecure, neurotic, and emotional.' Oh! There was also the one that went, 'feelings inside not expressed.'" He tapped his chin thoughtfully. "Though when Epidote says she's fine, that's usually just her way of telling me to stop talking..."
mint, she/her

=D

31 Reviews

Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:21 am
View Likes
WeepingWisteria says...

Ki nodded, trying their best to not look anywhere that allowed them to see a speck of sky. Right now, that meant staring at this child’s (for he was much too talkative to be a workingman which meant most likely a rich or homeless kid) shirt.
She/They/Fae

245 Reviews

Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:38 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Pren glanced down at his shirt. Was the person staring at the cheese sauce stain on the bottom, maybe? He blushed slightly. “I didn’t think I’d be going out today, much less meeting anyone. Sorry ‘bout my sloppiness!”
mint, she/her

=D

Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm.
— Abraham Lincoln