z

Young Writers Society

Rev's Reviews

235 Reviews

Reviews: 235
Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:00 pm
4revgreen says...

Sup writers! Are you in need of an extra pair of eyes to review your poetry or short stories? Look no further! I'm offering myself to your service right here. Whether you're just starting out or a seasoned pro, I'm here to offer constructive feedback and help take your writing to the next level.

I'm open to reviewing any genre of story or form of poem or prose. If you have a novel you'd like me to review, i'll review each chapter but it might take me a bit more time.

I like the grammar side of reviewing, and will go through your piece with a fine toothed comb looking for anywhere I think could be reworded or improved, or where grammar might be incorrect! I will also give my overall summary of the story along with analysing key literary devices and methods within the piece.

I'm a second-year university student studying creative writing & film, so I do have experiencing in editing and reviewing etc.

Drop your work in the comments and I'll start from the top and work my way down. If you have any questions, please ask or message me.

It may take me awhile to get to you, but I promise I will try !
“The sight of one's own heart is degrading; people are not meant to look inward--that's why they've been give bodies, to hide their souls.”

― Shirley Jackson, The Sundial

Random avatar

Reviews: 328
Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:57 pm
View Likes
deleted30 says...

[Removed by YWS by request of author]

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:30 pm
View Likes
VengefulReaper says...

Hi Green!

I've had a few reviewers take up my story but they've critiqued a lot on the story elements (and some grammar). I am a new writer and my grammar/prose is not up to scratch so I'd like a critical view on some technical aspects of my writing. There are quite a few chapters out but take your time with it... no rush.

Here's my novel The Lie that saved the World The prologue linked is followed by a multi-part extended prologue (Chapter 0) and then chapters 1-10 (I know it can be a little confusing lol).

It is a sci-fi dystopian novel with mature themes and violence.
Of course, if you do want any novel/story reviewed (I'm terrible with poetry lol) then please do let me know. I like to reciprocate reviews where I can.

The reaper sends his regards.

235 Reviews

Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:38 pm
View Likes
4revgreen says...

@Lucrezia and @VengefulReaper
Thank you for the requests! I will get round to them at some point today!
“The sight of one's own heart is degrading; people are not meant to look inward--that's why they've been give bodies, to hide their souls.”

235 Reviews

Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:13 am
View Likes
4revgreen says...

@Lucrezia I've caught up to date on The Vamp and I'll definitely take a look at your poetry soon!

Random avatar

Reviews: 328
Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:11 am
deleted30 says...

[Removed by YWS by request of author]

235 Reviews

Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:18 am
4revgreen says...

no worries! you neeeed to post more of the vamp when it's ready

235 Reviews

Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:36 pm
4revgreen says...

@VengefulReaper I think i'll be able to start reading your story today! I'll try to hone in on any technical aspects and be as helpful as I can!
If you wanted to review any of my stuff (no pressure!) I have a current WIP novel called 'Shoplifting Vampire' here: profile/4revgreen/portfolio/477829
I actually began writing it in 2020 so it's been a process of re-writing and editing for me, and any feedback in general is highly appreciated!

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:12 pm
View Likes
VengefulReaper says...

Thanks for taking a look. I'll get around to reading yours asap but I'm not as quick as you lol. You've been cranking out reviews quicker than I can write a paragraph.

-Reaper

235 Reviews

Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:19 pm
4revgreen says...

aha no worries! and yeah i've been on a streak recently i literally have no idea where the motivation came from lmao

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:19 am
View Likes
LadySpark says...

Please and thank you : ))))
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:30 pm
Fishr says...

My Introduction for my novel. Does it hook you into wanting to read further?

Please.
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:22 pm
humblebard1 says...

Hey! If you're still taking requests, I'd really appreciate if you could check out some of my chapters; please let me know if you need any context, too.
Knights of Alexander
This contains two pieces but if you'd rather focus on one I'm all cool :D

When your heart gets pierced with arrows, don't rip them out and pierce those around you in retribution for your hurt. You'll only unnecessarily wound others and bleed to death yourself.
— LadyMysterio