z

Young Writers Society

Small changes to front page

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:15 am
Nate says...

Made a couple of small changes to the front page that probably bear mentioning.

Change #1
Quote of the Week and Word of the Week have been moved over to the front page of My YWS. That front page area will be getting a lot more attention over the next few weeks, and this change is just the beginning of that. In the future, it will become a notifications area (for example, listing new reviews you have received).

Change #2
You'll notice an expanded leaderboards block on the front page. It now lets you know your rank for today as well as how many more reviews you need to do to be ranked. If you are ranked, then it lets you know how you stand.

A Quick Note
When reviewing, please try to spend at least 10 to 15 minutes per review. That's just enough time to let the author know why you liked or didn't like something. Of course, if you want to spend more time on the review, feel free to! But try to spend at the very least ten minutes. It's a matter of respect toward the author.

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:13 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

I love the new "you need x amount of reviews to be on the leaderboard" feature. :D

EDIT: "You are ranked number 7 for today! That's pretty good, but I bet you could do better." How inspiring! I love it! :D :D
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:35 pm
Rosendorn says...

That is awesome! I might try to cram more reviews into my breaks from homework, lol
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:41 pm
View Likes
Kale says...

I like the changes. :D
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

I love her dearly, but I can’t live with her for a day without feeling my whole life is wasting away.
— Miss Kenton, The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro