z

Young Writers Society

Introducing WritingGooder.com

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:29 am
Nate says...

With YWS about to get a major makeover, a lot of areas are receiving renewed attention. As you may have noticed, one of these areas is the YWS Blog.

I want to turn the blog into something more than just "the official blog of YWS." After all, if you're an outside visitor, do you care if it's the 'official' blog? Moreover, does anyone really care? Plus, since TWS will be returning as well, and as KWS (the Kid Writers Society; tentative name) will be starting out toward the end of this year (think of a certain date that comes in November...), I want a blog that covers all of these sites.

And as you've guessed by now, I want to name that blog "Writing Gooder." I know many of you groan at that name, but I love it. It captures the humor of YWS, and it immediately catches the eye.

So the YWS Blog is now the WritingGooder blog, and it's now at:
http://www.WritingGooder.com

EDIT

By the way, ywsblog still works, as does http://ywsblog.YoungWritersSociety.com.

537 Reviews

Reviews: 537
Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:26 pm
Evi says...

KWS?

O.o
"Let's eat, Grandma!" as opposed to "Let's eat Grandma!": punctuation saves lives.

425 Reviews

Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:37 pm
Nate says...

Evi wrote:KWS?

O.o

I guess I haven't talked about it in a while, or maybe I've only talked about it in the mod forums.

Anyhow, KWS is a long planned site for young writers age 12 and below. However, it'll hardly resemble YWS. Members will be able to post their stories and poems, and reviews will probably be allowed as well. However, community interaction will be very slim.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:47 pm
Rosendorn says...

And, just in case I have forgotten, TWS is for 18+, right?
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

425 Reviews

Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:04 pm
Nate says...

Rosey Unicorn wrote:And, just in case I have forgotten, TWS is for 18+, right?

Yep. We used to be really lax about it back when the first iteration of TWS (JustGoat.com) was running, but then I discovered it really does work better if we are strict about ages. Otherwise, you're seen as favoring certain people.

Every empire tells itself and the world that it is unlike all other empires.
— Edward Said