z

Young Writers Society

Report A Site Bug

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:48 pm
Kale says...

Following up:

The posts eventually got through (I'm not sure of exactly how long, but it took around 30 minutes), and with how many times I tried submitting, I was expecting to delete a lot of duplicates, however, I only had one duplicate post. So most of my posting attempts didn't go through at all, it seems. When I did go to delete the duplicate, though, it took a long time to delete and I hit the Cloudflare error again; it took about another 30 minutes for the post to actually get deleted.

Things seem to be working fine for me now, though.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:30 pm
Nate says...

IcyFlame ->> Thanks for posting the problem. It took me a while to figure out what was going wrong, but everything is fine now!

387 Reviews

Reviews: 387
Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:33 pm
Kylan says...

Apparently, when you use the search bar, it fetches threads only with the keyword from 2007 and before. Nothing from 2007 to the present.

Kylan
"I am beginning to despair
and can see only two choices:
either go crazy or turn holy."

- Serenade, Adélia Prado

425 Reviews

Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:36 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

Kylan wrote:Apparently, when you use the search bar, it fetches threads only with the keyword from 2007 and before. Nothing from 2007 to the present.

Kylan

That's being fixed. I did some database maintenance last week that overall boosted site speed but also destroyed the search index. So the search index is being slowly rebuilt. It takes a while because it's memory intensive and so I only do it for a few hours each night. Sorry for the inconvenience, but it will be working again 100% in a few days.

253 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 253
Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:03 am
RacheDrache says...

6:58 pm GMT-8
Google Chrome, whatever the most recent version is
Page was the "Edit Page/Club/Group"

Basically, I was editing one of my clubs and this dude popped up after I clicked the "Submit Changes" button. Ignore the highlighting from a cursor gone rogue:
Spoiler! :
error.JPG
error.JPG (57.5 KiB) Viewed 329 times

This has happened every time I try to edit the page

EDIT: apparently, it doesn't like the apostrophe in the title I wanted it to have. I deleted it and it let it go through
I don't fangirl. I fandragon.

Have you thanked a teacher lately? You should. Their bladder control alone is legend.

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:15 pm
fire_of_dawn says...

Around 3:10 Eastern time
Firefox- whichever version came with Windows XP.
Page: Christian Writers

At the top of the browser window, the name of a discussion page I wasn't viewing showed up. When I went to another topic, it read simply "Christian Writers".
"Do? I'll tell you what we'll do! We'll be ready!"
Matthias, from Redwall

"Life consists of doing the impossible."
Brother Fir, The Heir of Mistmantle

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:07 pm
Vramel says...

Time of Incident (include your timezone): 9:00-Current Time. (5:05PM) GMT Time-zone.
Browser: Google Chrome
Page You Were On: http://vramel.writerfeedpad.com:9000/
Describe What Happened: The page is not working/broken so I can't access my WriterFeedPad.
I'm a Writer!

If you want to help a dragon egg in need click here: http://dragcave.net/view/YQdH

425 Reviews

Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:10 pm
Nate says...

Vramel, it's working fine for me. Are you getting any sort of error message?

7 Reviews

Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:15 pm
Vramel says...

Nope, Chrome says it can't find the page...Firefox says the servers not found.
I'm a Writer!

If you want to help a dragon egg in need click here: http://dragcave.net/view/YQdH

425 Reviews

Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:35 pm
Nate says...

Okay, been working on this for a little over an hour now and I think I found the problem. Unfortunately, it's going to take a lot of work to fix, but I'll do it tonight.

I think the problem is firewalls. At least, that's all I can figure. The solution involves changing WFP from port 9000 to plain old port 80 (most websites operate on port 80), but to do that I need to first put WFP on its own server. That will take a few hours, and it may not be accessible for a couple days for some people. However, that should fix all problems...

7 Reviews

Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:42 pm
Vramel says...

Have you fixed it? I have seemed to be miraculously healed...
I'm a Writer!

425 Reviews

Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:47 pm
Nate says...

Vramel wrote:Have you fixed it? I have seemed to be miraculously healed...

Nope. I guess it's probably not a firewall issue but a domain name server issue. In any case, when I switch it over to port 80 tonight, that should fix either problem.

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:33 am
Adnamarine says...

Time of Incident: 10:30 EST
Browser: Google Chrome
Page You Were On: I was in the Clubs section. I went to a few different clubs to verify that this was a general problem.
Describe What Happened: Any time I tried to go to the second page of comments, I got an error message (in the spoiler).

Spoiler! :
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Unknown column 'p.author' in 'field list' [1054]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.
Please notify the board administrator or webmaster: yws.webmaster@gmail.com

I'm not sure if this is happening because you're still working on a few things in the clubs area, in which case I apologize. By the way, that area looks wonderful. :)
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

425 Reviews

Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:36 am
Nate says...

Thanks Adna! Problem fixed.

770 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 770
Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:22 pm
borntobeawriter says...

Is it possible that not all my clubs appear in the my clubs tab? Because I know I'm missing at least one....

It is most unlikely. But - here comes the big "but" - not impossible.
— Roald Dahl