z

Young Writers Society

Changing Chat-rooms?

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:38 pm
Nate says...

Matt ->> What happened is that those were chat-ghosts. Sometimes when someone leaves, the chat doesn't register it at first for whatever reason. So when it finally does register, it does so in a big wave. Thus, it looks like six people left at once when really they left quite some time ago. Just a quirk and nothing really to be worried about.

Stori ->> If you follow Rosey's directions, you'll also find the option to upload the background of your choice.

Everyone ->> As I'm sure you may by now realize, it looks like we're going to stick with this chat. While there are definitely problems, there were problems with the other one as well. But since lag no longer seems to be as bad of an issue, and since (more importantly) it is not slowing down the site, we're going to stick with it.

286 Reviews

Reviews: 286
Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:18 pm
silented1 says...

Nate wrote:That's odd Eddie. Does it just hang up on your or stop loading, or what?

No, it goes to a blue screen, basicly the backround with no chat around it. I can get PMs and things, I need to actually pm someone in the room and then ask for them to ask others to PM me, to talk, I can also show you a picture of what chat is doing. If it would help.
[quote]If it's arguable, then it probably is." - Xeriana X

Link to my will review for food thread: topic71713.html

425 Reviews

Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:33 am
Nate says...

I'm not quite sure what the problem would be, but make sure you have the most up to date flash player:
http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/welcome/

If all you see is the blue lego icon, then your flash is not up to date.

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:17 am
CelticaNoir says...

It's not running at all for me...it ran the first few times I went on, but now I can't seem to log on any more. All I see is the blue background and that's that.
I am the workingman, the inventor, the maker of the world's food and clothes.
I am the audience that witnesses history.
- Carl Sandburg, I am the People, the Mob

922 Reviews

Reviews: 922
Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:47 pm
GryphonFledgling says...

Yeah, it's back to not letting me log-in. Instead of my being able to click on the chatroom from the front page and my arriving in chat, it is taking me to a log-in screen and that's as far as it will let me go.

Also, I've noticed the few times I was in chat that when I try to bring up the options window, everything slows to a stop for a few moments when I click out of the options, to the point where I can't use any other windows for that time. Note sure if it's just my computer, but I thought I'd point it out.
I am reminded of the babe by you.

425 Reviews

Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:24 pm
Nate says...

I checked the forums of the developer of flashchat, and y'all aren't the only ones having the blue screen issue. I'm not quite sure why it would be affected some people but not others, but my guess is that it may have to do with caching issues.

To empty your cache (and maybe fix the issue):
On Firefox:
Tools ->> Clear Recent History
Make sure only cache is checked, then click "Clear Now".

Internet Explorer:
Tools ->> Delete Browsing Files
Delete only the "Temporary Internet Files".

On Safari & Chrome, it'll be similar to either of the above. Once you have cleared the cache, that may fix the issue. Of course, that's just a temporary solution. I'll figure out something more permanent later on.

922 Reviews

Reviews: 922
Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:17 pm
GryphonFledgling says...

That seems to have worked. I was able to get into chat no problem.

Thanks Nate!
I am reminded of the babe by you.

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:57 am
Aet Lindling says...

Safari (Mac), in case this helps anyone. May be same on Windows, although I doubt it. Click on "Safari" in the menu bar. Click on "Empty Cache...".
dun worry
it's all gun be k

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Mon May 03, 2010 9:28 pm
Kelcia says...

:( I can't get on the chat anymore. It just gives me a blank screen - and the 'new' chatroom worked before for me. Is it my computer, or did it change again?
Mutant Plot Bunnies

Is it just me, or are the plot bunnies taking advantage of my ADD?

OmnomnomRandomPlotDetourOmnomnom

Right.

425 Reviews

Mon May 03, 2010 10:07 pm
Nate says...

Kelcia wrote::( I can't get on the chat anymore. It just gives me a blank screen - and the 'new' chatroom worked before for me. Is it my computer, or did it change again?

Sometimes this happens, and I have no idea why. Try refreshing the page, and if that fails, try clearing the cache. To clear the cache, go to "Tools" then "Internet Options". Look for the section that says "Delete Browsing History" and click "Delete". This will bring up a new screen, and make sure that only "Temporary Internet Files" is checked. Once you've done that, click "Ok".

What about the chicken, Jack?
— David Letterman