z

Young Writers Society

Report a site bug

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:40 am
View Likes
Kale says...

Seconding what nite said with respect to WFP.

Also, portfolios break if you have nothing publicly visible in the Unsorted folder.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:58 pm
Cspr says...

Hmm. Well, I've been having some trouble with chat these past couple of days. The chatroom itself doesn't load and sometimes if someone starts talking to me, I can't click on their name down on the bar to bring up what they said so they probably think I'm ignoring them. :/
My SPD senses are tingling.

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:22 am
View Likes
crossroads says...

I get you're busy and all, but I still can't see anyone's posts..
Especially seeing that I hang around the SB section a lot and sometimes need to find posts of a specific member in order to interact with him/her, it's really quite a problem I'd love to see fixed :c

iPad and Chrome, if it makes a difference.
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

57 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 57
Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:49 am
Animal says...

OK! I don't know that if you have time but I would just like to tell that NOTIFICATIONS is all messed up.

If sometimes I get like 30 notifications and there are only three when I open.
deleted

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:55 am
Swiftfur says...

yws won't show me the mini 1 person chat window, and it says someone sent me a message. >.<
You can't change the past, so live in the future, and choose your course wisely.

187 Reviews

Reviews: 187
Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:57 pm
View Likes
ChocoCookie says...

I'm having problems with the chat bar. Normally, if I'm busy, I close the chat bar but when I'm free again, I open it up. But now, when I'm trying to open it, it comes for 2-3 seconds, and goes back to "Offline" again. :3 I tried going to another browser, but I'm having no luck.

Please help?
I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.

New to YWS? We'll help you out! <3'

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:09 pm
crossroads says...

Guys. Notifications are NOT messed up. Not really. It works, at least for me, like this.

Say someone posts in The Adventure Chronicles DT. I get a notification for that. Every time someone posts there again, the notifications get bolded and white and it tells me the number of new posts, but if I've been noticed that someone has posted in that DT, it will not say it again and again - the one that was there the first time will still be there for me to click.
Same goes for everything else.
The only, and relatively minor, problem is that, if you have a lot of places you get notifications for, you can't really tell what are the new notifications about. But not even opening stuff in new tabs is that hard.

Did that make sense, said like this?
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:09 am
KingLucifer says...

It's not letting me post a status, every time I try I get this.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 35: htmlspecialchars(): Invalid multibyte sequence in argument

Comment submission failed!
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:39 pm
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

Nate, I know there's a lot going on so I want you to put this right on the bottom of your list of priorities but it's a little quirk that I thought you ought to know.

Basically, I have way more reviews on the All-Time Leaderboards than I do in reality. I think the number stays the same at 80 reviews (it's currently at 76 since it hasn't taken into account the ones I've done today), so it's a bit weird. If there's an explanation then that's okay- I would understand it going down because of the way it discounted old comments and things. I just don't understand why it would go up.

I don't know if this is happening to anybody else, if not, leave it be, I'm perfectly content being wrongly accredited with being the eighth top reviewer of all time. I figure this bug report is just my guilty conscience trying to do something about it :P

As I said, don't worry about it. Just fyi.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

96 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 96
Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:30 am
noninjaes says...

I'm not entirely sure, but the leaderboard may count art reviews / anything posted as a comment in art.
Noni Naps Through Nano
NaPoWriMo 2016
Stories Not Otherwise My Own

AnnieJaePayne
The Three Ninjateers
Being awesome since Jan 2012.

191 Reviews

Reviews: 191
Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:17 pm
carbonCore says...

Javascript appears to be busted. I cannot "like" anything, post replies to people's status, view hidden status updates (by clicking on the View X More Replies button), delete my own statuses, see who has liked a literary piece, etc. Restarting my browser / clearing the cache does not solve the problem.

EDIT: My JavaScript console is giving me this error: "wall_ajax is not defined", if this helps.
_

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:51 am
Cole says...

I don't want to pester you, Nate, but I thought I'd let you know that whenever I attempt to edit a review, I get this message--

The requested URL's length exceeds the capacity limit for this server.

Any thought of what that could mean? It's not a big deal, though, so please don't worry about it. I can scarcely comprehend how busy you must be. Thanks for everything you do, Nate. We all really appreciate it!

-Hayden

806 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 806
Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:11 am
View Likes
Aley says...

The Writer Feed Pads are down again. -sadface-

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:42 am
Rosendorn says...

Sorry to bother.

I no longer have a chat bar or quick reply options (they are blank spaces). Walls are completely broken for me— I cannot like or reply to any posts, nor can I post my own. I cannot edit any replies to blog entries I make. Chat refuses to load for me, when it had loaded fine before.

Chatbar has been gone for a couple of days, walls only broke today, blog entries have been for about four days? And I can't tell you when chat decided to break on me because I only tested it now.

I've had the walls break on me before and it got fixed after a couple of months, but I've never had chatbar leave.

Safari version 5.1.7 (6534.57.2). Mac OS version 10.6.8.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

57 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 57
Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:41 am
Animal says...

Rosey Unicorn wrote:Sorry to bother.

I no longer have a chat bar or quick reply options (they are blank spaces). Walls are completely broken for me— I cannot like or reply to any posts, nor can I post my own. I cannot edit any replies to blog entries I make. Chat refuses to load for me, when it had loaded fine before.

Chatbar has been gone for a couple of days, walls only broke today, blog entries have been for about four days? And I can't tell you when chat decided to break on me because I only tested it now.

I've had the walls break on me before and it got fixed after a couple of months, but I've never had chatbar leave.

Safari version 5.1.7 (6534.57.2). Mac OS version 10.6.8.

I think it is because of the slow internet connection, I experience it when I connect my laptop wifi to phone instead of modem.
deleted

One believes things because one has been conditioned to believe them.
— Aldous Huxley, Brave New World