z

Young Writers Society

The FEED

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:48 pm
View Likes
Kale says...

I'm actually glad this feed is simpler than Facebook. Organized by time is organized enough for me (and I have a soft spot for things that are chronologically organized).
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:09 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

I agree with Ky. Facebook's organization by multiple factors drives me nuts. I always take it by "most recent" just so it can be in order of time.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

272 Reviews

Reviews: 272
Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:32 am
View Likes
beckiw says...

Eeeeeeee! I am enjoying this so much!

Great additions :)
'The creation of a single world comes from a huge number of fragments and chaos.' - Hayao Miyazaki

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:17 am
View Likes
Nate says...

I just made a few updates to the Feed. Not sure if people will like 'em or not because it does make the Feed a little more cluttered, so if you don't like it, just let me know.

The new updates are:
1. When you make a post on someone else's wall, it'll show up in your feed. This is not true for replies; only for original comments. What's been happening is that I'm seeing a lot of people having conversations with one another, but they keep flipping between walls. So user A will post on B's wall, then B to reply will post on A's wall. With this new update, B won't need to go to A's wall to reply. Instead, any replies he makes will show up in A's feed.

2. Likes now show up. Whenever someone you're following likes something, it'll show up in your feed now. Just a way to see what you're friends are reading.

3. This is a behind the scenes update; I've cached pretty much everything to do with the Feed. This actually didn't speed anything up, but I'm going to keep it just because it reduces the load on the server (and anyways, reducing the load in one area will speed things up in other areas of the site). What's important to know is that new blog entries, literary works, and likes won't show up in your Feed until up to 30 minutes after they are made. But, 30 minutes is the max.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:49 am
View Likes
Jiggity says...

The addition of likes to the feed has already been helpful and cool, so kudos. :)
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:37 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

Jiggity wrote:The addition of likes to the feed has already been helpful and cool, so kudos. :)

Yeah, I was worried about it being cluttered last night, and I still do think it's cluttered. However, seeing the likes has already led me to a few good literary works that I might've missed otherwise.

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:19 am
View Likes
xX_white_shadow_Xx says...

Blink wrote:Wooow. This is better than Facebook. I mean, it's brilliant! :)

Of couse it is! It's YWS for Pete's sake! =P

And agreed :3 Am loving all these sparkly new changes!
Is he dancing with a little boy in spandex?!

~Papa Doorbell

If you can't describe what you are doing as a process, you don't know what you're doing.
— W. Edwards Deming