z

Young Writers Society

Report A Site Bug

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon May 19, 2008 9:12 pm
Nate says...

Just fixed it Bella! And thanks for providing the screenshot; it really helped a ton. I'm deleting it now just 'cause it's fixed and to keep the page from going all stretchy. But thanks again :P

387 Reviews

Reviews: 387
Mon May 19, 2008 10:12 pm
View Likes
Kylan says...

I'm not sure if this is 'bug-worthy', but since roughly 3:00 pm pacific time the font in all posts has been different and difficult to decipher using IE 7.

(This may have something to do with the "sorry testing" disclaimer at the head of every post now) :wink:

-Kylan
"I am beginning to despair
and can see only two choices:
either go crazy or turn holy."

- Serenade, Adélia Prado

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Thu May 22, 2008 2:43 am
Via says...

I'm likewise not sure if this is "bug" but I seem to be missing all the drop down menus from the topbar on Chimped Out. Meaning usergroups is unattainable, etc. They have been missing for a few days, IE.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

425 Reviews

Thu May 22, 2008 5:08 am
Nate says...

It should be fixed now. I thought I had fixed when Kylan reported it, but I forgot to test it in IE. Sorry about that.

Anyways, the drop down menus are now done in the same style as the ones on default. They're easier to read, less obtrusive, and you can right click them (important if you want to open them in a new tab!). Plus, it's all done with CSS (as opposed to javascript), so there's less page loading too. In fact, the front page for chimped out is now 50% smaller in file size.

However, I still have not tested it in IE v. 6. Can someone confirm for me whether or not it works in that browser?

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Thu May 22, 2008 11:16 pm
Teague says...

I have IE 7 and it works for me. Dunno if that's helpful. *shrug*

Anyway. After a quick survey in Chat, it seems I'm not the only one that's missing the movable Quick Reply. Not sure if it's gone for good or it was just an accident, but it seems to be absent for a lot of folks.

-:pirate3:
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Fri May 23, 2008 12:00 am
JFW1415 says...

Saint Razorblade wrote:I have IE 7 and it works for me. Dunno if that's helpful. *shrug*

Anyway. After a quick survey in Chat, it seems I'm not the only one that's missing the movable Quick Reply. Not sure if it's gone for good or it was just an accident, but it seems to be absent for a lot of folks.

Same here. I never use it, so I hadn't really noticed, but it is handy every once in a while.

~JFW1415

425 Reviews

Fri May 23, 2008 2:58 am
Nate says...

Yep, the movable quick reply is gone. There were some bugs that it was throwing, and rather than keeping it, I decided it was just easier to get rid of it.

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Fri May 23, 2008 4:24 am
Teague says...

Aw, that's a shame. It was so handy, too.

Ah well.

"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Tue May 27, 2008 8:48 pm
Via says...

There are a few usergroups showing up multiple times in the list, ie Songwriters Express, Roleplayers Unite, Photography Group. Seems to be newer groups only.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Tue May 27, 2008 8:55 pm
Sythe says...

I am using Mozilla Firefox, but it happens when I'm on IE also. Whenever I go to a topic that is locked, a little box pops up and says, "Text Not Found." And... well... all of the text is there. So, it's not really a bug, but more of an annoyance?

425 Reviews

Tue May 27, 2008 9:24 pm
Nate says...

Via ->> With the groups, can you send them to me via PM? It's not really a bug; it just has to do with mods clicking the "confirm" button more than once when approving a group.

The text box thing ->> I thought I fixed it, but I guess not. Sythe, what template are you using? If it's default, then it has a blue background.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Tue May 27, 2008 9:26 pm
Emerson says...

I'm using the default template, and I get the same problem. Although it depends when you fix this. The last one I got had to be yesterday evening.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

42 Reviews

Tue May 27, 2008 9:38 pm
Sythe says...

I have default, cause it's blue and stuff. I'll go and visit a locked topic and see if I get it again.

42 Reviews

Tue May 27, 2008 9:40 pm
Sythe says...

Okay, sorry for double posting, but I got the same box come up. Just wanted to tell you.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Thu May 29, 2008 12:43 am
Emerson says...

I was editing one of my stories and when I hit submit it said, "You received one more review point!" or something. But I was just editing my story... and as far as I can tell my review count did go up one.
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Maybe what most people wanted wasn't immortality and fame, but the reassurance that their existence had meant something. No matter how long... or how brief. Maybe being eternal meant becoming a story worth telling.
— Roshani Chokshi, Aru Shah and the Nectar of Immortality