z

Young Writers Society

Report a site bug

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:26 am
Stori says...

Thanks, Nate. And I wouldn't put it past Grandma. :)

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:17 pm
crossroads says...

Eh.. I can't see people's posts. It says "no suitable matches are found".. At first I thought it was my fault or a couple of posts the person had was maybe deleted or something, but I checked it and it's happening with people with a lot of posts as well :/

If it matters, I'm in Chrome and on iPad ^^
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:41 pm
LadySpark says...

Hey Nate!

I'm trying to post the first chapter of a rewritten work, and it comes out to 4,008 words. Yet, YWS is telling me it's over 10,000 and won't let me post it?
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:44 pm
Nate says...

Hey Spark, send me a copy of it to nate@youngwriterssociety.com and I'll take a look. Sorry about the hassle!

355 Reviews

Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:54 am
LadySpark says...

I'll do it in the morning! And no problem, :)
hush, my sweet

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

178 Reviews

Reviews: 178
Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:59 am
Paracosm says...

To my horror, I saw that someone had reviewed one of my older works, it was Kyllorac. Thankfully he didn't get far.... I wouldn't want him catching something. The review was awesome, as all of Kyllorac's are!

Anyway, to the point, when I originally posted this work, the formatting turned awful. I just tried editing it today, and the formatting did not change. I'm not sure what's going on, but here's a link to the work, try not to read it without sunglasses on. The horrendous characterization has been known to cause blindness if you look at it directly...

work.php?id=93085#c349060
Review unto others as you would have others review unto you.

Don't panic!

Also, Shino!

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:30 am
Emerson says...

Everytime I try to upload a photo to my profile it says:

The image failed to upload. Most likely, there is an error in the image that is causing the problem. Please try again.

I made sure the file was the correct size (both in KB and in dimension), I tried different formats, but still no luck. I deleted the previous photo and tried, but still nothing. The formats I tried were .jpg and .png. The instructions themselves only specify it must be under 200KB, is there a dimension limit or format limit that is causing the issue?
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

376 Reviews

Reviews: 376
Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:37 am
Trident says...

I was having the same problem uploading a photo.
Perception is everything.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:11 am
Nate says...

Suzanne & Trident ->> Probably a coding error. Can you send me the image either via PM or to nate@youngwriterssociety.com?

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:46 am
darklady says...

Hiya, I can't access my private messages, I get a syntax error page with coding and red writing on it. :smt017
Call me Melanie!

Knight Darklady's Log

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:59 am
Cadi says...

darklady, is there a specific error code on the page you can copy-paste or screenshot here? The more Nate knows, the faster he can sort the problem out :)

Also, was your inbox empty? I recall someone (possibly Alteran..) getting errors when he deleted everything in his inbox, which we solved by sending him a PM - so if you didn't have anything in there, I can send you one to see if that helps!
"The fact is, I don't know where my ideas come from. Nor does any writer. The only real answer is to drink way too much coffee and buy yourself a desk that doesn't collapse when you beat your head against it." --Douglas Adams

355 Reviews

Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:00 pm
LadySpark says...

The email is sent, Nate my dear.
hush, my sweet

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:35 pm
niteowl says...

Hello again! I think I already mentioned this, but the "ghost notifications" have come back with a vengeance. I think you said this mostly affects new members, but I am about the polar opposite of that, so here's some more evidence. This is interesting because now it's saying they're coming from currently active members like Persy.
Attachments
ghostnotif2.PNG
ghostnotif2.PNG (8.34 KiB) Viewed 175 times
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:29 am
crossroads says...

AriaAdams wrote:Eh.. I can't see people's posts. It says "no suitable matches are found".. At first I thought it was my fault or a couple of posts the person had was maybe deleted or something, but I checked it and it's happening with people with a lot of posts as well :/

If it matters, I'm in Chrome and on iPad ^^

This, I'm afraid, still stands.
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:32 pm
Blues says...

I've been getting that too, along with not being able to see attachments - since we changed servers.

I have hated words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right.
— Markus Zusak, The Book Thief