Young Writers Society

YWS News

411 Reviews

Reviews: 411
Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:09 pm
View Likes
BenFranks says...

Hey there fellow YWSers!

A fancy new addition to the Young Writers Society this year was the new section devoted to journalism. It consists of News articles, General articles, Opinion articles and Review articles, all of which are posted by you! :D So, as you seem to be posting in YWS' Non-Fiction section, most likely to look for reviews of your writing, I thought I'd give you a quick run around of what YWS News is for! Find the News section here!

1) You aspiring Journalists!

If you've posted a lovely little article talking about the news, or your opinion on something, then why not edit the things people have recommended on their reviews of your writing and then post it up on the YWS News section! Here, you'll find other members will engage in debates about your written subject! Also, if your article is written with a lovely bit of grammar, you'll be featured on the front page, right here: news.php !

2) Anyone who has seen a film, read a book, played a new game or likes the telly!

So, you recently popped to the cinema or stuck on Rihanna's new album and you have an opinion about it, no? Whether it be passionately good, a bit either way or you hate it. Why not write about it? After all, we are all writers looking to establish ourselves further, improve and, of course, flaunt our talent all over YWS! So, next time you go see a movie or play a brand new video game, write about it; then submit it to YWS news and see what other people think! Reviews section: news_section.php?view=reviews .

What can you submit?

Anything Non-Fiction really! Though, if you have a personal Tale, it may not be as appropriate as the Non-Fiction section! A tale with a moral meaning though, or a reflection of modern situations? Perfect! Submit it to YWS News' Opinion or General Article section!

Frequently asked Questions...

I am unsure what category to post my article!
No worries YWSer! You can either PM me, a Junior Moderator or Nate himself and just ask us where with a bit of a run-down about what your article is on. Alternatively, you can submit it into the "Article -- World" section, which is a General topic!

Why can't I have this image?
You'll notice that you can only upload 100kb pictures that must either be a .jpeg or a .jpg file. You can find out what file your image is by hovering over the file, or changing your folder view to "Details".

What should I put in the "lead" of my article?
Keeping it short, the lead of your article is basically an extension of your title. Say you had a smart title, that people would only get after they read your article, you'd use the "lead" to explain what you're actually talking about. It'll appear under the title of your submitted article either on the front page or under the section you submitted it in and we'll hopefully get you the right audience of readers!

If you have anymore questions, please PM me or a Moderator! We'd be happy to help!
Happy contributing! I'll see you in the News Section!

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:20 am
SnapesOnAPlane says...

Ooh, reviews section. I know where I'll be spending a lot of time...
But whether James really did take off Snape's pants, Harry never found out.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:33 am
View Likes
Snoink says...

*Moved to Information Desk Archives*
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

If a million people say a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing.
— Anatole France