z

Young Writers Society

Storybooks Change

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:24 am
Nate says...

Creating a new storybook will now cost you 500 points. This is to reduce the number of storybooks that are created as there has been a jump recently in the number of storybooks that die out after a week.

Additionally, other measures may be put in place if this problem continues.

261 Reviews

Reviews: 261
Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:22 pm
Mr.Knightley says...

Sounds good to me. ^__^ Maybe this should be posted in the Storybook forum as well, so that big number of reclusive SBers will get a chance to look at it. xD
"You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because you're all the same."

Lady Gaga

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:44 pm
Lumi says...

Just a little tag idea, if it's possible...

While the new system is in place to prevent the spamming of storybook threads, would it be feasible to award a sort of 'waiver' to a member who creates a wildly successful storybook? Or like a point reward for maxing out a thread?

Maybe Lumi is being too idealistic.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:25 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

I agree with Lumi. These days, it's quite a feat to create a successful storybook- I say we reward them for it. Besides which, I completely agree with the new price. Now, people will try to make their storybook worth the cost. Hopefully.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

126 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 126
Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:54 pm
Day says...

Just a little tag idea, if it's possible...

While the new system is in place to prevent the spamming of storybook threads, would it be feasible to award a sort of 'waiver' to a member who creates a wildly successful storybook? Or like a point reward for maxing out a thread?

Maybe Lumi is being too idealistic.

I agree with Lumi. These days, it's quite a feat to create a successful storybook- I say we reward them for it. Besides which, I completely agree with the new price. Now, people will try to make their storybook worth the cost. Hopefully.

I also support this idea, although I think everyone in the successful thread should get a part of a predetermined amount of points. That way everyone is given points for participating, and making the thread a success.

Another thing I would like to address is a question against this idea to get people, including myself, thinking?

Are we making it too complex for newer users?
"If the king doesn't lead, how can he expect his subordinates to follow?"

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:46 pm
Rosendorn says...

I think that's getting too complicated, guys. It's also getting subjective (Mainly, "who/what defines success?"). Best to have the same rule, unwavering, for everybody. Successful storybook creator or not. (Who knows. People might create one really good storybook to get the reward, then make a poor one once they get the waver. It'd be a very easy system to abuse.)
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:55 pm
Nate says...

Rosey Unicorn wrote:I think that's getting too complicated, guys. It's also getting subjective (Mainly, "who/what defines success?"). Best to have the same rule, unwavering, for everybody. Successful storybook creator or not. (Who knows. People might create one really good storybook to get the reward, then make a poor one once they get the waver. It'd be a very easy system to abuse.)

Aye.

537 Reviews

Reviews: 537
Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:18 pm
Evi says...

To add to Rosey and Nate: if you see a successful storybooker, we have a badge for that! Nominate someone if you see that they're consistently helpful and skilled in their storybooks.
"Let's eat, Grandma!" as opposed to "Let's eat Grandma!": punctuation saves lives.

126 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 126
Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:30 am
Day says...

Evi wrote:To add to Rosey and Nate: if you see a successful storybooker, we have a badge for that! Nominate someone if you see that they're consistently helpful and skilled in their storybooks.

Thanks for doing such a great job at explaining that. I didn't even think about that stuff.
"If the king doesn't lead, how can he expect his subordinates to follow?"

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:05 am
Lumi says...

Like I said... I've been idealistic.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

There are darknesses in life and there are lights, and you are one of the lights, the light of all lights.
— Bram Stoker