z

Young Writers Society

Chat Room May Become Temp. Unavailable (August 25, 2009)

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:13 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

I've requested the guys who run the chat room (123 Flash Chat) to upgrade our chat to their latest version (from 7.0 to 7.4). When this happens, the chat room will be unavailable for a little bit, and this will probably be quite sudden. Unfortunately, I don't know when they'll upgrade the chat (could be anytime today, could be anytime tomorrow), so if you can't get into chat, don't fret!

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:30 pm
View Likes
Griffinkeeper says...

What sort of improvements can we expect to see from the new chat?

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:49 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

Yea, I like the idea. Shiny new chat to go with a shiny new website :P
But I also have the same question as griffinkeeper ^_^

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:10 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

Griffinkeeper wrote:What sort of improvements can we expect to see from the new chat?

Most of it is just security updates. I think the three main things people will notice are:
- iPhone functionality
- A variety of flash games from miniclip.com
- Google ads

On the last, the new chat update allows google ads to be displayed at the bottom of the chat. If it does well enough, I'll be able to get rid of the small ad at the top of every page.

The one other thing I'm really looking forward to are chat statistics. It shows stuff like how busy the chat room is during the course of a day, and the average amount of time a person spends there. It's only accessible through the admin panel, but I'll make sure to take screenshots and share the data with everyone.

Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and the shadows will fall beyond you.
— Walt Whitman