z

Young Writers Society

Looking for People Who Likes to Do War Novels

96 Reviews

Reviews: 96
Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:43 pm
Acoustic Sensitivity says...

Is there anyone here who writes war novels? Especially the war novels about ancient times like sword fighting, horses and all that. I'm looking for someone who could collaborate with me.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:14 pm
Firestarter says...

I'm a writer of military historical fiction. However, I think I'll have to pass on a collaboration -- I've never been a fan, and I also can't promise my free time for writing on a project right now. Hope you find someone though! I'm always available if you need advice/help, however.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sun Dec 23, 2007 4:30 pm
Emerson says...

I'm writing a novel about world war two... much less war, though, and more concentration camp. Though war novels interest me, that specific time period doesn't. And, like Jack, I'm not much for collaboration. I'm much too controlling and opinionated for that, haha.
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:33 pm
deleted1 says...

I do them, but same thing, collaboration doesn't work well. Also I am in the middle of a project to, lol. For researching how things would go, its best to pick up a couple books on the time period and do plenty of research. If you are going to do a Samurai story, research the feudal era and the bushido code as well as what it was like in society. If you are doing a story of old Europe, the same applies and make sure you are able to use all aspects of society and combat that were in use at that time. Researching your story is what you need rather then somebody else to help write it with you.

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:23 pm
Fishr says...

I'll pass as well, but depending on your defination of "ancient times," I may or may not be able to help. My forte is colonial America. So, if you need assistance with the late 17th or all of the 18th century - ending at 1790, I can help with questions.

I agree with Errant. Read, read, read.
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

96 Reviews

Reviews: 96
Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:45 pm
Acoustic Sensitivity says...

Please post here if you are only interested. I already have many people to help me if I needed info or have questions about History. What I need is a co-author.
"Reborn into a shooting star."
-Acoustic Sensitivity

As a writer, I'm more interested in what people tell themselves happened rather than what actually happened.
— Kazuo Ishiguro