z

Young Writers Society

Publishing

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Mon May 21, 2007 10:14 pm
Samara says...

my goal is to have a book published by the time i graduate high school. anyone know any publishing companies that like to publish teens? I know of a few self-publishing companies, that help you publish your own book, but i'd like to know if anyone knows of any others. anyone? :D
"I can't stand him. His ego is splattered all over that screen and it's making me nauseous."
~Me referring to Ashton Kutcher.

"I think the dragon should eat him."
~My boyfriend referring to Eragon

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Mon May 21, 2007 10:25 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

Hehehe, well, first of all, DON'T go to PublishAmerica. ;)

With that said, those who are teens go to pretty much the same agents and publishers who publish adults. By the time you graduate high school, you'll be an adult, no? Or pretty close anyway. So yeah. Go to any of the adult publishers. If you're good enough, they'll get you. :D
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Wed May 23, 2007 4:07 pm
Lady Pirate says...

I don't know, I'm having the same problem! I even wrote a post about it, when you find out, let me know, PLEASE!
'My words fly up, my thoughts remain below.
Words without thoughts never to heaven go.'

William Shakespeare
Greatest English dramatist & poet (1564 - 1616)

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Wed May 23, 2007 4:34 pm
Firestarter says...

In my opinion setting yourself goals like that won't help you. Most teenagers aren't good enough at writing yet to be published, in the same way for any talent. Keep working at it and you'll have a book one day. Just don't overburden yourself with unrealistic expectations.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

Reviews: 4
Thu May 24, 2007 2:56 pm
Anthaslunula says...

Perhaps try not to put your age on the quarry letter - age doesn't matter how good your writing is (Well it does, but personally as you and your writing matures). If it's good and they like it your age shouldn't matter...

As for whether its good enough yet - none of us can know without reading it. You might even find that you put it away for years and then rewritw it how it should be writen...

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Fri May 25, 2007 8:07 pm
Tyd says...

Firestarter wrote:In my opinion setting yourself goals like that won't help you. Most teenagers aren't good enough at writing yet to be published, in the same way for any talent. Keep working at it and you'll have a book one day. Just don't overburden yourself with unrealistic expectations.

Agreed :)

Do you even have a story finished yet?
As is a tale, so is life; not how long it is, but how good it is.

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:07 am
Samara says...

*glares* it was a hypothetical question!
lol. jk. no, i have one very close to finished, but i still have another chapter or two.
at any rate, i haven't been sending in any manuscripts yet. i was just hoping to get some tips before my book was actually finished.
"I can't stand him. His ego is splattered all over that screen and it's making me nauseous."
~Me referring to Ashton Kutcher.

"I think the dragon should eat him."
~My boyfriend referring to Eragon

The most difficult thing in the world is to know how to do a thing and to watch somebody else doing it wrong, without comment.
— T. H. White