Young Writers Society

Home » Forums » Resources » Writers Corner

BISON

132 Reviews

Reviews: 132
Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:57 am
View Likes
Squid says...

Angels screaming. Too-bright lights, a never ending desert, the uncertainty of your existence. Things that lurk in the night time -- right in front of you, waiting, but it's so dark that you will never see them...until it's too late.

BISON begins with Ezra, a half-Navajo nineteen year old living as a sheepherder on his estranged father's bison ranch, struggling to understand who he is, and trying to figure out who he wants to be - and what the screaming angels want with him.

But this story isn't about him at all.

It's about car theft, and long mountain roads, and too many cigarettes. The quiet trees of Oregon, and thoughts as tentative as paper cuts, actions as sure as bullet holes. Queer revolution -- and subsequent murder. A man named Judd, an alcoholic named Ezra, and the things that haunt them even across state lines.

Like a thunderstorm rolling over the plains, the tragedy is inevitable, and oh so carefully orchestrated.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
— Bilbo Baggins