z

Young Writers Society

Roots - LMS

120 Reviews

Reviews: 120
Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:56 pm
RippleGylf says...

Basically, the goal of this collection is to record all of the early memories I can remember through poetry. Hopefully it is cohesive and interesting and all that. *crosses fingers* This will be my first time trying LMS, so hopefully it goes well.

Interested in LMS? Check it out here:
https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/clubs/1852
Last edited by RippleGylf on Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Eternity, I hear you calling, but you will not have me yet."

120 Reviews

Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:44 pm
RippleGylf says...

Current order of posted poems:

1. the lantern (Week #1)
2. the swingset (Week #4)
3. perspective shift (Week # 5)
4. eggshells (Week #8)
5. the parades (Week #2)
6. the library (Week #6)
7. the camera (Week #3)
8. naïveté (Week #7)
Last edited by RippleGylf on Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:01 pm, edited 5 times in total.

120 Reviews

Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:51 pm
RippleGylf says...

Week #1: the lantern

This is describing a minor detail of a single room in my former abode. It was this metal lantern that was... green? I'm still not sure what kind of metal it was, though I know it isn't copper. We still have it lying around in a storage room, and seeing it the other day prompted this poem.

120 Reviews

Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:25 pm
RippleGylf says...

Week #2: the parades

When I was younger, I lived on a cul-de-sac where every so often, a parade would go by the end of the street. I never really knew why they were throwing a parade, but it was always really fun to see. I could always hear it starting from inside, and instantly knew what was going on.

120 Reviews

Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:49 pm
RippleGylf says...

Week #3: the camera

I begged my parents relentlessly for a camera when I was younger. One year, my pleas paid off, and I received an ancient digital camera for Christmas. Mind you, it was a solid digital camera. It just didn't use SD cards. At all. After taking pictures of literally everything in the house, I would compile the photos into videos using Microsoft Movie Maker. Top notch film-making. :roll:

120 Reviews

Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:55 pm
RippleGylf says...

Week #4: the swingset

In our backyard, we had an old swingset that I would swing on often. I think it was one of the most calming things about my old house. Right after moving, I missed it a lot, for that reason. It seemed separated from time, somehow.

Owning our story can be hard but not nearly as difficult as spending our lives running from it. Embracing our vulnerabilities is risky but not nearly as dangerous as giving up on love and belonging and joy—the experiences that make us the most vulnerable. Only when we are brave enough to explore the darkness will we discover the infinite power of our light.
— Brené Brown