z

Young Writers Society

Suzanne's Writerly Rambles [4 March 2008]

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:09 pm
Wiggy says...

Suz>Do send! Or better yet, surprise me by coming over to my house and drop it off and we can have hot chocolate and sit around and talk and have a lovely time!
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:45 am
Emerson says...

so, updates and things!

My play is going fabulously well and the shows are on Nov 30 and Dec 1. From what I know, he has someone professionally record them and put them to DVD, so a bit after that I should be able to get it onto the internet and share the joy. Spending time with the actresses, and the director, and .. random crowd of people applauding for me--it's really, really fun.

Oh, yeah, and this:

Dear Suzanne,

Thank you for your submission to the Young Writers Society Literary Journal. After
reviewing all of the documents, I am pleased to let you know that your short story,
"Módlmy Sie," has been accepted for publication. As you know, the publication date will
be 15 January 2008, which is when we hope to be sending your complimentary copy of the
Journal.

If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to write!

Nice, eh?
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

2058 Reviews

Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:51 am
Emerson says...

UPDATE: 24 DEC 2007

It is about time I say something, isn't it?

Death Machine - I'm realizing how terribly this novel needs a new name... As January looms near, it means that I will be working on DM again. I stopped at the end of November with around 55k. I'm not sure how much else there will be of it, but I look forward to finishing it! I miss Nazis, and drunk people, and snow, and sadness, and Rudi...I miss it a lot. It's such a fun thing!! As soon as I finish the first draft, I'm hiding it. Then, over summer, I will be picking it back up to edit. For anyone who still cares, I do have what I've written online: http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2433155/1/ Do keep in mind though, it is a NaNoWriMo novel. ^_^

Flowers for the Wake - Do I really have anything to say about this...? I'm hoping that I will get the DVD in January, and then who knows how long it will take me to figure out how to get that onto you tube... Soon, my darlings, soon!

Mea Culpa - Ah, this is fun... Haha. I have only written part one so far, and I'm supposed to be finishing the other parts over break! (Or Sam might break my legs?) I am not sure if I'm happy with it anymore. I'm having this series problem with setting, haha, so I'm rather... stuck. But I do love it, I just don't know what to do with it!! Finish it, most obviously. Delilah needs to have a resolve, and Michael needs to be shone to be in good light. (Or needs to shine in good light?) Part one is posted: topic23167.html My outline has me expecting a total of six parts, and I am guessing between 10k to 15k. Not more than that, really...

Those are my updates! ^_^ Do keep in mind I have pictures and what nots on my LJ: http://noveltastic.livejournal.com although I haven't updated that in a while... once I start working again rather than reading, I may have to pay attention to it. I like having somewhere to organize my thoughts. I could always post pictures here?...
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”

2058 Reviews

Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:42 am
Emerson says...

UPDATE 12 JANUARY 2008

I finished Death Machine today. :D I was very proud.

I keep thinking of the ending, and it is so sad, but it is so perfect. I'm looking forward to (and fearing!) editing. I'm not sure when I will start, I have a lot of things coming up that I need to do. (Study for ACT, prepare for DC trip, &c...) But I have a goal to have a nice clean second draft before the end of the year. I am not sure how many years it will take me to perfect this. A lot, I am sure!

There is a link to the first draft online in my signature. I'm excited! I had a short story idea for Cal's contest, but we'll see if I write it or not. ;-)

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:16 am
Firestarter says...

Write the short story! You need to write something different, it'll be good for you. This might also evoke my competitive spirit, which gets pretty serious sometimes, and thus I will be forced to write and try and beat you.

Anyway, congrats again! This is why you win at life.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

2058 Reviews

Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:32 pm
View Likes
Emerson says...

*snort* Well, I only win at life if I also come out with a really pretty final draft..

alright, for you, I will spend today thinking seriously about the short story. :D

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:03 pm
Leja says...

You finisheddddd! *throws confetti*

:D

661 Reviews

Reviews: 661
Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:12 pm
Jasmine Hart says...

Yay! Well done! That's some acheivementLook forward to taking a peek at some stage. Congrats.
Jas
"Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise."
-Maya Angelou

2058 Reviews

Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:46 pm
Emerson says...

UPDATE 4 MARCH 08

I have things to share!

Death Machine - on the back burner, simmering occasionally. I'm going to spend this summer editing it and hopefully I will have a second draft before November, or before the end of the year.

Flowers for the Wake - I still have no DVD from Meyer. I'm hoping to get it before the school year is out! I am also going to try and get this published on a site that lists plays for use in middle school, high schools, etc. Not sure when I will get around to that.

The Party Killers - This was originally a short story, but the characters demanded they have their own novel. It's real strange and fun to write, so I hope I finish it! No major complaints yet.

Mea Culpa - This makes me sad. I didn't finish it! It's an amazing story, and I have it outlined and everything, but something wouldn't click and I couldn't get past the first chapter. A little part of me hopes I pick it up again some day, because there was so much in it. Maybe when I reread The Scarlet Letter in a few years, I will remember poor Delilah, and pick back up her story. Sorry to disappoint everyone who liked that...including myself.

Otherwise? I should be receiving my authors copy of the Lit Journal this week. It has Modlmy Sie in it! With the proper accents, of course. I sent off Open Up a while ago, but haven't heard anything. I'm not sure if I ever will, although it would be a few months before I do hear anything, if anything. I'll be sure to post here when I do.

I am not a person I am a natural disaster
— TheWordsOfWolf