U2
No votes

Total votes : 22

665 Reviews

Reviews: 665
Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:32 pm
View Likes
Chevy says...

Linkin Park used to be a cool band. That is, before they did that little--whaever-you-wanna-call-it with Jay-Z. When I first went to http://launch.yahoo.com and I saw rapper Jay-Z standing on the stage with the members on what I know as "Linkin Park," not only was I apalled, but I immediately lost repsect for Linkin Park. I know that may sound rude or like I'm showing discrimination towards Jay-Z, and I apologize if I offended anyone but this little duet/trio or whaever was totally un-called-for.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:38 pm
View Likes
Firestarter says...

Green Day rulez.

Linkin Park have always sucked. So don't worry about it.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

665 Reviews

Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:43 pm
View Likes
Chevy says...

lol. which is true. i just realize it more now.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:54 pm
View Likes
QiGuaiGongFu says...

green day used to rule,now they suck. after american idiot is all bad
For centuries, theologians have been explaining the unknowable in terms of the-not-worth-knowing.
- HL Mencken
Lie together like butt.
Presenting the GFuture, soon to be the Gnow, reality presented by Google.
Welcome to GEarth.
~Baske in the randomness~

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:04 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

The Beatles by far; that just makes one more thing I need to add to my list of what the UK does better than the US (time, currency, spelling, and music).

After that, Nirvana comes a distant second. Besides those two, I don't really like the other bands. Greenday is alright, but I don't like most of their music. Never liked Linkin' Park, Avril Lavaigne, or almost any other band/act that has produced a song in the last five years (save for country music).

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:11 pm
View Likes
WinterGrimm says...

QiGuaiGongFu wrote:green day used to rule,now they suck. after american idiot is all bad

I like old Green Day as well. Then they went to pop punk and sucked it up for an album or two, but I think that Amercian Idiot is one of their better albums even if it is a change for them. I don't know if they can be considered punk anymore, but I don't think its a bad move for them.

Personally I always hated Linkin Park, along with all of these so-called metal bands that just can't stop beeyotching about everything.

The Beatles are still my all time favorite band. They're one of the few bands that never made a bad song.
That love is suffering is easy to see, for before the love becomes equally balanced on both sides there is no torment greater, since the lover is always in fear that his love may not gain its desire and that he is wasting his efforts.
Andreas Cappelanus, The Art of Courtly Love

85 Reviews

Reviews: 85
Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:26 pm
View Likes
faith says...

ok, i'll admit it, i have 2 linkin park CDs. but i just happen to think the lead singer is cute, alright. :lol: and i like their music videos for breaking the habit and numb.

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:41 pm
View Likes
Skye says...

I agree with faith, Breaking the Habit and Numb music/ music videos are awesome. Otherwise, I don't like Linkin Park. Love Green Day, though. :) I just discovered them recently, so I don't know the "old" Green Day.
"A poet in love is best encouraged in both capacities or neither." ~ Jane Austen, Emma.

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:44 pm
View Likes
WinterGrimm says...

Skye Demon wrote:I agree with faith, Breaking the Habit and Numb music/ music videos are awesome. Otherwise, I don't like Linkin Park. Love Green Day, though. :) I just discovered them recently, so I don't know the "old" Green Day.

Green Day's first commercially sucessful album was Dookie in the mid nineties. WIth such classic singles as Longview, and Basket Case
That love is suffering is easy to see, for before the love becomes equally balanced on both sides there is no torment greater, since the lover is always in fear that his love may not gain its desire and that he is wasting his efforts.
Andreas Cappelanus, The Art of Courtly Love

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:41 pm
View Likes
Firestarter says...

I just discovered them recently, so I don't know the "old" Green Day.

You don't?

Their best music came from the 90's, Minority, Basket Case, Poprocks and Coke. I've got all their albums, and they're music always cheers me up.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:37 pm
View Likes
Skye says...

You don't?

Nope. I have heard (and liked) Basket Case, but that's the only one from your lists, Firestarter and WinterGrimm. I'll be sure to check more on them though! :)
"A poet in love is best encouraged in both capacities or neither." ~ Jane Austen, Emma.

87 Reviews

Reviews: 87
Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:58 pm
View Likes
Perra says...

CarsandGuitars77 wrote:Linkin Park used to be a cool band. That is, before they did that little--whaever-you-wanna-call-it with Jay-Z. When I first went to http://launch.yahoo.com and I saw rapper Jay-Z standing on the stage with the members on what I know as "Linkin Park," not only was I apalled, but I immediately lost repsect for Linkin Park. I know that may sound rude or like I'm showing discrimination towards Jay-Z, and I apologize if I offended anyone but this little duet/trio or whaever was totally un-called-for.

You do know that MTV made a show where they had two artists/groups/whatever combine some of their top hits together? I've seen most of the six Linkin Park and Jay-Z did together, but only kinda like the 'Numb/Encore' song. And, so far as I know, it's MTV's falt. :P

Now, as to who I'd rather listen to, right now I'm craving Greenday's "Boulevard of Broken Dreams." Singingfish.com just wont give some of my songs anymore.*shakes head at their shame*
YWS gives me carpal tunnel.

Need a Critique?

Evil lurks everywhere, often in plain sight...Can you lurk in plain sight? Or is that just walking?

665 Reviews

Thu Jan 06, 2005 4:43 am
View Likes
Chevy says...

You do know that MTV made a show where they had two artists/groups/whatever combine some of their top hits together? I've seen most of the six Linkin Park and Jay-Z did together, but only kinda like the 'Numb/Encore' song. And, so far as I know, it's MTV's falt. Razz

Actually, I don't. I don't have cable. I don't watch TV at all. MTV--whas that? Just kidding...I watch it sometimes at my aunts house. But I had no idea about that whasoever...cool.

915 Reviews

Reviews: 915
Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:28 pm
View Likes
Incandescence says...

:falls of chair laughing:

You..you included Barry White. :smiles:

I love Barry White. Then it's the Beatles, well, some of their music, anyway. I hate Greenday, Linkin Park, Avril Lavigne, and Nirvana. None of them knew how to make music, and for a large part of the 90s and all of 2000, nobody does. I don't understand it. Stupid kids like me, I guess.
"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my shoulders." -Hal Abelson

128 Reviews

Reviews: 128
Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:28 pm
View Likes
Galatea says...

Uhm...I request a none-of-the-above option. I agree with Incandescence on this. Linkin Park, Avril Lavigne, Greenday, Nirvana...all BAD music. BAAAD music. If you can call it music at all. I much prefer the musical stylings of Stephen Sondheim and Puccini. I cannot STAND pop music, especially the teeny bopper barbie girls that seem to be so popular now-a-days. It should be a crime to purchase a Hilary Duff or Lindsay Lohan CD (not really. I don't believe in censorship, just in good taste).

on an unrelated note, this doesn't seem like a debate, more like a discussion. . . maybe in the future a thread like this belongs in the loungs?
Sing lustily and with a good courage. Beware of singing as if you were half dead, or half asleep; but lift up your voice with strength.

You can't choose your parentage. But you can choose your legacy.
— Rick Riordan, The Blood of Olympus