z

Young Writers Society

Guess who is posting using his shiny new DSi!

63 Reviews

Reviews: 63
Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:51 am
romance otaku says...

I was so happy when i got my new DSi that i killed the wireless on my router trying to get it online. Now, $80 later, i am in bed pretending to sleep typing to you all.

Anyway, i did not post this just to brag (though it would be a lie to say it wasnt high on my list). I was wondering how YWSing wirelessly is different between DSs, PSPs, mobile phones, ect.

please describe your experience in this thred! i shall start with mine:

I am able to do everything minus go into the chatroom since i assume it is either flash or java. i for some reason cannot go all the way to the left (wont let me go about 60 pixles close to the left boarder). the right side is fine. My loading time was okay. Not even close to my wired desktop, but i am working with 1-2 bars.

Anyone else want to rant?
~Did I help you? If so, please take a second to sign my website's guestbook at http://joeduncko.com/guestbook/. When it gets 100 signs, I plan to release my newest short story! Thanks!

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:16 pm
Nate says...

Aye, YWS doesn't work all that well when using a normal wireless browser. But, the new YWS loads fast and looks great on my Blackberry.

Whenever I use Opera on my BB to access YWS, it starts at the bottom right hand corner and I can't see the left half of the site. Yet, when I use the browser the BB comes preloaded with, it works fine. That's because if you use a normal cell-phone or BB browser, YWS detects it and automatically switches to the text only version.

369 Reviews

Reviews: 369
Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:26 pm
Conrad Rice says...

I've gotten on YWS several times on my iTouch, using its Safari browser, and that works just fine. There's a checkerboard pattern that loads long before anything else, and everything is mega tiny, but that's kinda to be expected, and other than that I don't have any issues.
Garrus Vakarian is my homeboy.

63 Reviews

Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:35 am
romance otaku says...

The DSi`s browser is opera based, son i guess it is opera. and i was wondering, you all (the high, in da know people) are talking about this "new" YWS. I have a few questions if you dont mind. If you want to play it sneaky i dont mind. im all for the "its done when its done" thing.

what exactaaly makes it new? skin, format, style, new, more efficient, coding, ect?

any cool new features?

how are you testing it? home sever, or public? if public, is it the same server that is hosting the current YWS?

Is there a beta url we can use to check it out?

will everything be jumped over to the new site?

sorry if everything was answered before, but i am uninformed, so in that case feel free to simply post a link.

thx ^-^
~Otaku
~Did I help you? If so, please take a second to sign my website's guestbook at http://joeduncko.com/guestbook/. When it gets 100 signs, I plan to release my newest short story! Thanks!

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:16 am
Nate says...

haha, romance otaku. If you go to the information desk forum, you'll see a ton of threads about it. This thread in particular may be helpful:
topic37270.html

To answer your questions though...

It's new in that it's completely new. It'll look different, it'll be more efficient, it'll have new features, and will be all around more awesome.

The new features are numerous and many. Check over in the above thread for a partial listing.

The new YWS is on a public server; in fact, it's on the same server as the current YWS. BUT, that url is secret and even if you did know it, it's password protected.

Everything will be jumped over to the new site. Some stuff may be lost, but your blog entries, posts, stories, and private messages will all make the jump. What may not make the jump are biographies, your friends list, and guestbook entries.

In any case, if you or anyone else has any questions, please use the above thread. If something is not in the information desk, I tend not to check it.

63 Reviews

Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:15 pm
romance otaku says...

wow, i've been out for far too long. Oh, do i hate editing...

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:16 am
SeleneForeverDream says...

YWS comes up well on my iPhone, and I can do everything I need to. YWS is with me everywhere. :D
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful.
— Ann Landers