z

Young Writers Society

Nintendo!

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:17 pm
Nate says...

Okay, I'm a big Nintendo fanboy, even though I don't even really play video games anymore. But, I love Zelda. I love Mario. I love Donkey Konga, Super Smash Brothers, Metroid, etc. Actually, the only video games that I play are ones made by Nintendo.

Anyways... on to my point here. Has anyone been reading up on Nintendo's new console: Revolution? They unveiled the controller on Friday, and at first I was very skeptical and confused by it. But the more I think about it, the cooler and cooler it sounds; I would love to play Zelda and be able to feel like I'm actually swiping with the sword.

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:49 pm
Bobo says...

Nintendo and Squaresoft (at lest old skool Squaresoft) are definitely my favorite game makers. I love SSBM and Double Dash like no other! The new console looks freakin' sweet! It's not all fancy and stuff, but I love the simple beauty of it, and the colors are still loveable.

As for the controller... I dunno. It's definitely very original, but it might end up being kind of annoying to use. On the other hand, there's always the third party companies that make controllers that might make a more classic controller. I think the colors of them are even better than N64's colors were.

I can see how the controller would be cool for a Zelda game or a first person shooter or something, but having the remote and the joystick connected by just a cord could cause problems with people accidentally disconnecting it or whatever.

But the thing I love most about Nintendo is their ability to take questionable designs and make the games super-fun with whatever the special features of each system are. I just hope the Mario games don't get any worse, because if they're anything below awesome I'll be disappointed, and Sunshine was just enough worse than Mario 64 that I begin to worry...

Random avatar

Reviews: 92
Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:49 am
lin night says...

If anything, it will annoy third-party developers who want to make multiplatform titles. I can definitely imagine some really cool first-party games, though. Perhaps uniqueness is what Nintendo needs in order to survive the next wave of consoles.

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:41 pm
Gazza_14 says...

Double dash?
Did someone mention double dash?
Ok, settle down, cause I could talk for hours about the brilliance of double dash!
W00T!
Stop. Look. Jive!

“Though lovers be lost, love shall not; And death shall have no dominion.”
— Dylan Thomas