z

Young Writers Society

Is anyone here a Pentecostal?

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:59 am
Crysi says...

Branden... The problem is that you asked a very limiting question that, according to your "rules", make it impossible for most members on here to participate in the discussion. I must ask you to please open up the discussion so it doesn't discriminate against others. Thanks. :)
Love and Light

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:38 am
sabradan says...

Branden, stop being such an a**.

What is a Pentecostal, anyway?
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:25 am
Meshugenah says...

I was wondering the same thing...
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

594 Reviews

Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:35 am
Crysi says...

Sab, watch your language, please.

According to Google...

"Charismatic is an umbrella term used to describe those Christians who believe that the manifestations of the Holy Spirit seen in the first century Christian Church, such as glossolalia (known as "speaking in tongues"), healing and miracles, are available to contemporary Christians and ought to be experienced and practiced today."

So yeah. Basically it's a branch of Christianity that believes miracles performed in the Bible can still be performed today... Am I right, Branden?
Love and Light

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:43 am
sabradan says...

[Sab, I'm sorry but I'm just doing my job. I'd appreciate it if you would respect my changes. As you know, swearing is not allowed except in submitted works and blogs. You're a writer, you can find a more intelligent insult to use. ~Crysi]
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:06 pm
Rei says...

I've already told Branden that this kind of descrimination isn't acceptable. Lounge topics are meant to be enjoyed. Branden, haven't you ever noticed when you're having a casual conversation in the real world how topics tend to drift around? That's how this forum works. If you want a focused, serious discussion, go to the forum for serious discussion. On a site like this, we let everyone participate, and give everyone the respect they deserve. Don't presume you can tell people how to use this site when you've only just joined.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:00 pm
niteowl says...

To answer your original question, I'm not, but I think KayKay is. (I think I recall her posting a goodbye thread...did she leave?) since she has pentecostalchick in the first part of her email address.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:54 am
Elelel says...

I'm not Pentacostal (I wouldn't have bothered saying it, but it seems to annoy you for people to post here if they're not, so I couldn't resist). I'm Catholic.
Most of the divisions in Christanity came about in the Reformation of the Church, towards the end on the Renaissance (did I actually spell that right??? I think I did, yay!). I think the first split was the Lutheran Church ... and then a whole pile of other people took the idea of making their religion suit them and ran with it. The Anglecan Church was founded by King Henry VIII, when the Pope wouldn't let him divorce his first wife (who was too influencial to behead) so even though he'd previosly written a book premoting the Catholic Church, he went and spilt away from it and put himself in the head of his own church and then let himself get divorced so he could marry a new woman (Anne, who he later beheaded anyway).
Wow. I remembered all that, and I learnt it at the beginning of the year.
Anyway, this is the first I've heard of Pentacostal.

And Oh My God the Flat Earth Society ... HA HAH AH AHHA!!! That is funny!!!
This group is not a joke; it is deadly serious and manages to publish some of the most anti-intellectual and vicious (not to mention illiterate) prose I've seen in a while.

Tee hee.

If the Earth were a globe, there certainly would be -- if we could imagine the thing, to be peopled all around-'antipodes:' 'people who,' says the dictionary, 'living exactly on the opposite side of the globe to ourselves, having their fee [sic] opposite to ours' - people who are HANGING DOWN, HEAD DOWNWARDS while we are standing head up? But since the theory allows to travel to those parts of the earth where the people are said to hand head downward, and still to fancy ourselves to be heads upwards, and our friends whom we have left behind us to be heads downwards, it follows that the WHOLE THING IS A MYTH - A DREAM - A DELUSION - and a snare, and, instead of there being any evidence at all in this direction to substantiate this popular theory, it is plain proof that the Earth is Not A Globe."

*dies laughing* From most people here's point of view ... I AM UPSIDE DOWN!!!! That is REALLy funny ...

Australians do NOT hang by their feet under the world...this is a FACT, not a theory!

AND WE DON'T EITHER!!! Technically (if we make the crazy assumption that the world is a sphere) there is no 'up' and 'down' in space, therefore, the earth has no top, and no bottom. The northern hemisohere just bacme the top because England made all the maps when someone came up with the stupid idea the world is round.

Lol. I love that. I'm bookmarjing it, it's funny.

Opps, am I randoming things? Sorry, just couldn't control my childish urge to laugh.
Delete this post, Crysi, if you find it too random.
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

594 Reviews

Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:21 am
Crysi says...

Nope, it's relevant to the topic, I think. Don't worry about it. :)

Continue!
Love and Light

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:41 pm
Kay Kay says...

CORRECTION!!! I'M PENTECOSTAL!!!

IF ANYONE NEEDS TO KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT PENTECOSTALS I'M THE PERSON TO ASK!!! SORRY IF I SOUND A BIT ANGRY OR ANYTHING...ACTUALLY I'M REALLY EXCITED THAT I'M NOT ALONE ON THIS RELIGION ON HERE!!!
Quarrels would not last long if the fault were only on one side.
--La Rochedoucauld

"An unexamined life is not worth living..."
---Socraties

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:48 pm
brandenwallace says...

i dont care what you post. im not trying to be bossy on here. i was just trying to find some simple information of who shared the same faith i am but everyone was talking about other things so i dont care now. say whatever you like.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by frost.

685 Reviews

Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:53 pm
Rei says...

I know how cultural isolation can feel, so I understand where your coming from. But if you let yourself accept and become friends with people regardless of their cultural background, you could gain so much more than trying to stick to people who belong to your particular sect of a religion.

36 Reviews

Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:56 pm
brandenwallace says...

you make it sound like i am a sheltered little kid. I have friends from many groups... gamers, preps, punks, average, brainy... whatever kind of people there are. as far as religion goes, i like to stick to friends who have the same beliefs as me because others usually do things i dont agree with.

685 Reviews

Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:00 am
Rei says...

I wasn't trying to make any judgement about you or your choice of friends. I don't think that about you, and I'm sorry if you took it that way. Categories of people, a concept I dislike anyway, isn't relavent because we're talking about cultures. All I said was that, from what I've experienced, you gain more from forming friendships from people of all religions and cultures.

36 Reviews

Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:10 am
brandenwallace says...

how do i change what is said under my name... right now it says Junior Writer for me

The greatest part of a writer’s time is spent in reading, in order to write; a man will turn over half a library to make one book.
— Samuel Johnson