z

Young Writers Society

Hypothetical #4

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:50 pm
Snoink says...

If the setting doesn't naturally have Coke products in everywhere, I would change the location so that it would make sense for Coke products everywhere. ;)

Basically: darn straight, I'll sell my soul to evil capitalism!
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:56 pm
W says...

I'm supposed to mention Coke every 5,000 words? How could anybody do that? I have enough to worry about with my characters/plot than figuring out how to fit a Coke metaphor into the climatic battle scene.

But 100,000? Maybe I'd write a short story before starting my next novel...:)
el oh el

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:04 am
thunder_dude7 says...

Keep in mind they said 5000 words on average. So if you mention Coke a whole lot at one time, you can go a while without it. Say your story had 75,000 words. Every 5,000 words would mean mentioning coke a total of 15 times. So if you mention Coke 15 times in the first chapter, you've followed the deal. It would be a lousy 1st chapter, but yes.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:38 am
Snoink says...

W wrote:I'm supposed to mention Coke every 5,000 words? How could anybody do that? I have enough to worry about with my characters/plot than figuring out how to fit a Coke metaphor into the climatic battle scene.

But 100,000? Maybe I'd write a short story before starting my next novel...:)

LOTR would be sooooo much better with Coke references.

...Snoink's Imagination...

Aragorn took a big glug of Vanilla Diet Coke before turning to Pippin. "Okay, now that I officially have a caffeine/sugar rush, let us defeat Mordor!"

...see? Perfect!
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:48 pm
Tusker93 says...

It's a challenge, and writing well with a challenge on you is pretty cool - also the cash ain't too bad either :lol:

"Who am I? I'm just a writer. I write things down. I walk through your dreams and invent the future."
— Richard Siken