z

Young Writers Society

A Round of Applause for Areida

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed May 28, 2008 5:12 am
View Likes
Nate says...

The mod squad, aka Big Brother, has been a fixture of YWS since December 2004. During that time, it has changed quite a bit. Most of the original mods (Wintergrimm, ElectricBlueMonkey, Kody) are now gone, but it's still remained remarkably stable since March 2005 or so.

One of the earliest members to come on board was Areida back in September 2005. Crysi first nominated her actually in June 2005, which was quickly seconded by all the existing mods at the time. But since I was away in the foothills of Virginia at the time, she wasn't invited on board until a couple months later.

Being a mod is tough work, and being one since 2005 means you've had to deal with locking the same topics over and over, moving things around, PMming members for the same issues again and again, and quieting the same fiery discussions again and again. In short, it's monotonous, and often quite thankless.

The fact that Ari has been doing it since 2005 and has always remained active is remarkable, and she has always served as a calm and rational influence on all those around her. Unfortunately, she is leaving Big Brother, and will soon be leaving YWS.

Fortunately, though, she is going somewhere much better: West Point. I'm sure everyone will agree that she will succeed there, and I hope you'll join me in wishing her the best of luck!

Good luck Ari! We'll miss you dearly :P
Last edited by Nate on Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Wed May 28, 2008 5:20 am
Teague says...

D: Ari! Aw, I'm gonna miss you, darling.

Best of luck! You'll do great, everybody knows it. ;)

*gives a standing ovation for Ari*

-Saint Razorblade
The Official YWS Pirate :pirate3:
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Wed May 28, 2008 5:34 am
Meshugenah says...

*hugs*

Miss you, love. Luck, and go knock 'em dead.

Bek
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

896 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 896
Wed May 28, 2008 5:36 am
PenguinAttack says...

Awesome, Ari.

We'll miss you and your awesome Moddage. Have fun and be happy at West Point. ^^

*Hearts* Le Penguin.
I like you as an enemy, but I love you as a friend.

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Wed May 28, 2008 6:26 am
Crysi says...

Really? I'm the one who nominated her? Wow. I don't remember, but obviously it was a good choice! ;)

Great job, Ari. You go, girl! :D
Love and Light

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Wed May 28, 2008 6:30 am
chocoholic says...

I have no idea what West Point is, but who cares? Congrats Ari, good luck!
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed May 28, 2008 7:02 am
Nate says...

chocoholic wrote:I have no idea what West Point is, but who cares? Congrats Ari, good luck!

West Point is similar to Australia's Royal Military College. It provides for the training and commissioning of young men & women for service in the officer corps of the Army.

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Wed May 28, 2008 9:31 am
Twit says...

The Army for YWS? :(

Still, have a good time and be happy in your work! :D
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Wed May 28, 2008 10:43 am
Aedomir says...

I have a solution - the YWS army!

Good luck Ari, you will be missed, :( come back one day!

Mark
We are all Sociopaths: The Prologue

Sociopath: So • ci • o • path noun
1. Someone who believes their behaviour is right.
2. Human.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Wed May 28, 2008 12:01 pm
Firestarter says...

Goodbye Ari! This place will miss you a lot. Have a great time, and good luck. I think we all know that West Point is an incredibly demanding place, but you've always come across to me as a mentally strong person and I have no doubts that you'll do brilliantly.

Keep in contact! :)
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

381 Reviews

Reviews: 381
Wed May 28, 2008 12:04 pm
Fand says...

Au revoir, Ari! I can't wait to hear all the stories you have to share--there's got to be a lot of them waiting for you there, da? ^^ You'll do brilliantly there, and make them all fall madly in love with you. Just don't forget your old friends here at YWS. ^^
Bitter Charlie :: Shady Grove, CA :: FreeRice (162,000/1,000,000)

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Wed May 28, 2008 12:53 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Goodbye, Ari, and be well! You know we'll all be missing you, so don't you dare have too much fun. ;)
ohmeohmy

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Wed May 28, 2008 1:45 pm
gyrfalcon says...

Yay, Ari! I know you can do it, darling--go kick butt! (hey, that's allowed and rather encouraged where you're going ;))

*joins standing ovation*
"In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function...We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful." ~C.S. Lewis

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Wed May 28, 2008 3:12 pm
Rydia says...

Good luck, Ari, we'll all miss you very much! Keep in touch and don't ever forget us xx
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Wed May 28, 2008 3:36 pm
Dream Deep says...

Good luck, Highness. ... And West Point or no, I demand continual updates!

You know, I've always had a ridiculous amount of passion for the Navy - my grandfather served on a destroyer in WWII, and I think that my continual wandering around Annapolis have prompted a none too lucid love the Academy there. That having been said, I would never have had the ambition or the drive to succeed in such a place. I admire you immensely, in so many ways. I am so proud of you. ^_^

Come back to us at some point, here, yeah?

*hugs*

GET YER EYES AWAY FROM MY EYE SOCKETS >.>
— herbalhour